Darren Aronofsky's Mother! (Trailer) starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Reading the spoilers beforehand would completely ruin the experience though. :hubie:
I was completely turned off the entire movie by Jennifer Lawrence's character. Had I caught the metaphor earlier, I would have appreciated it more.

But I get what you mean

Anyways....upon reflection I liked the movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:gucci:

It's not supposed to be coherent. I knew after watching it that folk would hate it for all the wrong reasons, which seems to be what 98% of the criticisms are based on.
:martin:
If you admit that it was supposed to be incoherent then what exactly is your problem with my critique? That I found its incoherence obnoxious? Because it was incredibly obnoxious to me.
I am pretty bored with all the armchair film majors whining about people "not getting it" with this movie. People get it; some of us just think its shyt.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yo, I don't even know how this shyt got made...but it's quite the experience.

I feel kinda gross that part of my enjoyment came from knowing that most of the people in the theater with me were hating it :dead:

And while I definitely see the religious or even environmental takes, I was all-in on the tortured artist allegory after about 30 minutes. Not every little bit clicked, but a lot really worked on that level for me.
You in the theatre

giphy.gif

Daps
:martin:
If you admit that it was supposed to be incoherent then what exactly is your problem with my critique? That I found its incoherence obnoxious? Because it was incredibly obnoxious to me.
I am pretty bored with all the armchair film majors whining about people "not getting it" with this movie. People get it; some of us just think its shyt.
And I'm pretty bored with all these philistines who spit out shyt just because their palate can't stand the taste of something that's not bland. It's not about "not getting it", the film beats you over the head with what it's trying to say - you can't help but get it. The problem is, folk like you are criticizing it for all the wrong reasons.

:hubie:

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAMNNNN HE CALLED YOU A PHILISTINE

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:
Whats a philistine?

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I'm pretty bored with all these philistines who spit out shyt just because their palate can't stand the taste of something that's not bland. It's not about "not getting it", the film beats you over the head with what it's trying to say - you can't help but get it. The problem is, folk like you are criticizing it for all the wrong reasons.

The film is shyt, made by a dumbass who thinks he's David Lynch. fukk Aronofsky and fukk anyone who rides for him.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jesus this reeks of the musings of a pretentious prick who wants to pat himself on the back for liking something the general public doesn't.

Also, films are subjective, there's no right or wrong reason to criticize a movie because everyone will have their own take and may not share your view. Also, if you're the guy I think you are, the dude who argued endlessly about the movie Inception, then you're a fukking moron and should be the last person talking shyt. And even if you're not that guy, you sound like a try-hard pretentious fukk. Either way you can suck a dikk.

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus this reeks of the musings of a pretentious prick who wants to pat himself on the back for liking something the general public doesn't.

Also, films are subjective, there's no right or wrong reason to criticize a movie because everyone will have their own take and may not share your view. Also, if you're the guy I think you are, the dude who argued endlessly about the movie Inception, then you're a fukking moron and should be the last person talking shyt. And even if you're not that guy, you sound like a try-hard pretentious fukk. Either way you can suck a dikk.

Oh the ironing.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I know i'm never going to see the movie, so I read the wiki. Weird shyt, passion project for Aronosfsky, we will how many more big budget movies he can get green-lighted for after this. The critics are pretty torn on this shyt.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This is a movie you are either going to like or hate. Don't think there is gonna be any inbetween on this.

I liked it, then again I like most of his flicks.

Those last 30 minutes :gucci:

Jlaw was getting her ass beat :gucci:

Did not catch on to the
Javier is god and jlaw is mother earth thing until the very end. Before that I just thought she was suppose to be his inspiration and he kept letting the surrounding world/stories in. Which led to his inspiration being overwhelmed.
Definitely a movie you can view from different angles

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh the ironing.

:yeshrug:

I'm not trying to shyt on y'all for liking the movie and I already said that people who's opinions I respect fukk with the movie so its obviously just not my cup of tea. But don't try to shyt on people who don't like the movie as if their some inferior class of moviegoers or say that only certain avenues of criticism are valid for this movie.

Daps
This is a movie you are either going to like or hate. Don't think there is gonna be any inbetween on this.

I liked it, then again I like most of his flicks.

Those last 30 minutes :gucci:

Jlaw was getting her ass beat :gucci:

Did not catch on to the
Javier is god and jlaw is mother earth thing until the very end. Before that I just thought she was suppose to be his inspiration and he kept letting the surrounding world/stories in. Which led to his inspiration being overwhelmed.
Definitely a movie you can view from different angles
I'm indifferent towards this film, even after watching it twice. :manny:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
They really suckered people in with that trailer, halfway through the movie I knew people would start @track 1 -ing it and a few did.

Thought it was pretty good, not great. JLaw looked fine. Javier did his thing. Pfeiffer looks like a gilf.

I caught on to the ARTIST angle pretty quickly, the God thing only when she survived the blast and asked him what he was and he just said "I am I".