"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

Daps
Reppin
NYC
forgive me brehs i don't think i watch nearly as many movies as the rest of you, so if you see any glaring omissions i apologize. i could only go off what i saw. :yeshrug:

mostly mainstream / summer movies.

BEST

1. gone girl
2. dawn of the planet of the apes
3. cap 2: winter soldier
4. whiplash
5. selma
6. ninja turtles
7. amazing spiderman 2
8. boyhood

:snoop: couldn't even list 10 movies i really enjoyed this year. i honestly think that's it. i got a few on deck though i still haven't seen obviously. and i know some of you super cool film brehs are probly gonna be like :wtf: at the inclusion of spiderman and turtles but hey what can i say i had a great time. :manny:

WORST

1. interstellar - one of the worst theater experiences i ever had. could barely stay awake towards the end.
2. grand budapest hotel - for whatever reason the humor just didn't click with me. could not wait for it to be over. thought it was sooo dumb.
3. godzilla - more like borezilla amirite??? wow what a shytfest. fukking TERRIBLE.
4. dumb and dumber to - might have ranked higher if my expectations weren't so low to begin with. a complete abomination.
5. birdman - pretentious drivel. very stylistically shot, very well acted... but ultimately signifying nothing. felt empty after it was over.

this was fun :ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
1. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
2. Kano
3. Under the Skin
4. Nightcrawler
5. Giovanni's Island
6. The Grand Budapest Hotel
7. Birdman
8. The Lego Movie
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. The Babadook

I'm glad to see you enjoyed Kano as much as I did.

Now let me look into that Giovanni's Island. :patrice:

:umad:

Books

Rookie
Daps
I'm glad to see you enjoyed Kano as much as I did.

Now let me look into that Giovanni's Island. :patrice:

:umad:
The subs you gave me were straight :snoop: at some points, which got rather annoying, but I enjoyed the hell out of Kano regardless.

Giovanni's Island is magical but so :to::mjcry:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The subs you gave me were straight :snoop: at some points, which got rather annoying, but I enjoyed the hell out of Kano regardless.

Giovanni's Island is magical but so :to::mjcry:

Yeah, the subs are clunky as hell but fansubs for Asian movies require the dedication that only late 90's anime fansubbers had, and those aren't even around in anime anymore like that.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Why the fukk is this thread unstickied again? :mjlol:

Because it's more important to have 7 stickied threads for ongoing tv-shows? :mjlol:

Even though this is the last week for voting and this whole top 10 list shyt is supported by everybody on this forum? :mjlol:

And all those tv-show sticky's are gonna stay stickied until the end of the season so nothing actually deserving can get up there? :mjlol:

I love the Film Room ya'll but we really need to make an official "NO TV-SHOWS IN STICKY'S" rule to stop this ridiculousness, because while I'm :mjlol: on the outside I'm really :mjcry: on the inside.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
Thanks for the brehs who recommended Giovanni's Island...

...thanks...:wow::mjcry:...

@TheGodling: How do I see this "Kano"? Sounds interesting.

Guess I'll get a list in before the 25th. Didn't get a chance to see "Birdman" or "Whiplash", but I'm going to watch Imitation Game on Monday. Any good?