"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man are you gonna drop a list or not? You're negged for spoiling the movie for folks that didn't see it, but don't come trolling up the film room. Keep that shyt in TLR
a) you say you negged me as if I care about online reputation LMAO you're a cornball for thinking someone would care

b) how was that a spoiler? everything can be seen in the trailer

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
what did I miss that was so amazing

dude gets shouted out by teacher, drums till his hands bleed, drives really fast to make it back intime for a show, has a car crash, gets out, goes n drums right after the crash, passes out, calls the shouting guy an ass hole befoe he passes out.

Acting, writing, story, character stuff. That's why I said if you're boiling the movie down to just a guy yelling at his student then that's on you man.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
act like movies with 95% critic approval and 96% audience approval suck, brehs

Well see that I don't mind..I don't think you gotta agree with everyone in thinking something is great. I'm sure I could name plenty of movies that people love that I'm not that high on or movies I love that people aren't that high on; we all have our own taste and going with mob mentality isn't a good look in my book. But, when everyone is saying why they love something and you keep going against that and not accepting that, then it's not a discussion or an argument; it's a one-way conversation between you and a computer

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well see that I don't mind..I don't think you gotta agree with everyone in thinking something is great. I'm sure I could name plenty of movies that people love that I'm not that high on or movies I love that people aren't that high on; we all have our own taste and going with mob mentality isn't a good look in my book. But, when everyone is saying why they love something and you keep going against that and not accepting that, then it's not a discussion or an argument; it's a one-way conversation between you and a computer
i know breh i've hated some loved movies..i was just trollin back

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Acting, writing, story, character stuff. That's why I said if you're boiling the movie down to just a guy yelling at his student then that's on you man.
acting was good granted, story was terrible. this is the story, guy plays drums teacher shouts loud at him. writing was very 2d also.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
acting was good granted, story was terrible. this is the story, guy plays drums teacher shouts loud at him. writing was very 2d also.

Disagree on the story. A good story doesn't always have to be complex or filled with intricacies and twists and turns. Jaws is an awesome movie with a very simple plot: Killer shark attacks a beach town and the sheriff tries to stop it. Simple as hell but effective. Halloween: masked killer stalks babysitters on halloween. Simple as hell but effective. A story is all about execution and if you've got good acting, good direction and good writing, you got a good product on your hand. A band student tries to get into a prestigious school and clashes with his instructor. Simple as hell but what you're not talking about is the effect it has on his relationships, the effect it has on his health, the amount of drive he has or develops, the questions it asks about sacrifice and greatness and how do you achieve greatness. Or the questions it asks about guys like JK Simmons' character, who could very well be any high school or college basketball or football coach or baseball manager. There are at least 3 shows on TV now focusing on how coaches or parents push their kids to be great and how insane they are or can be and how scary they are or can be and the effect it has on the kids.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree on the story. A good story doesn't always have to be complex or filled with intricacies and twists and turns. Jaws is an awesome movie with a very simple plot: Killer shark attacks a beach town and the sheriff tries to stop it. Simple as hell but effective. Halloween: masked killer stalks babysitters on halloween. Simple as hell but effective. A story is all about execution and if you've got good acting, good direction and good writing, you got a good product on your hand. A band student tries to get into a prestigious school and clashes with his instructor. Simple as hell but what you're not talking about is the effect it has on his relationships, the effect it has on his health, the amount of drive he has or develops, the questions it asks about sacrifice and greatness and how do you achieve greatness. Or the questions it asks about guys like JK Simmons' character, who could very well be any high school or college basketball or football coach or baseball manager. There are at least 3 shows on TV now focusing on how coaches or parents push their kids to be great and how insane they are or can be and how scary they are or can be and the effect it has on the kids.
no one said a simple story was a bad thing, only you mentioned that

to me the movie was ass,

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
If the poll is still on-going...

1) Whiplash
2) Interstellar
3) Grand Budapest Hotel
4) X-Men: DOFP
5) Captain America 2
6) Nightcrawler
7) Dawn of The Planet of The Apes
8) Birdman
9) Guardians of the Galaxy
10) Gone Girl
Poll closes on Feb 25th breh; pretty good list too; What are the 5 worst movies you saw in 2014 and why did they suck?