"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:shaq2:Naw breh. That's what I mean though. I don't see what the big hype is. A guy teaching a younger guy to play drums by going HAM on him. What's so great besides the performances? The plot seems like Rocky with drums.
:heh:And comparing it to Black Swan? You gotta be kidding me. I might have to watch this shyt for real.

Well you gotta see it breh. Great performances, I mean in a movie like that, especially this time of year, what else are you looking for?

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
i do one of these every year for my blog, ill post it when i finish on here for those interested. meantime here's mine

10 Sniper/Top Five (i couldnt leave either out both deserve to be top 10 worthy)
9 Budapest
8 Foxcatcher
7 Imitation Game
6 Babadook
5 Gone Girl
4 Kill the Messenger
3 Nightcrawler
2 Guardians
1 Birdman

HM
Maze Runner (so much better than hunger games)
Whiplash
Raid 2
Theory of Everything
John Wick

WORST
The Interview (no movie was close to being as bad as this shyt)
Robocop
Boyhood (I am a huge moviebuff but I simply could not like this gimmicky flick, I tried to like this movie and i hated it every growing year this emo kid grew)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is it based on a true story? Does he overcome some great obstacle? What's the catch?

It's fiction as far as I know..lol and the catch is watching dope actors do their thing and also what the story has to say about sacrifice and determination and will and whether some things are worth sacrificing to be the best at something. Like is it worth alienating people to be the best at a given profession? Also JK Simmons is fantastic breh and a tad scary..like psychotic scary

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
It's fiction as far as I know..lol and the catch is watching dope actors do their thing and also what the story has to say about sacrifice and determination and will and whether some things are worth sacrificing to be the best at something. Like is it worth alienating people to be the best at a given profession? Also JK Simmons is fantastic breh and a tad scary..like psychotic scary
:patrice:Is it really the actor playing the drums or some stunt drummer? I think I'll watch the trailer and decide if it's worth the time.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
:shaq2:Naw breh. I don't see what the big hype is. A guy teaching a younger guy to play drums by going HAM on him. What's so great besides the performances? The plot seems like Rocky with drums.
:heh:And comparing it to Black Swan? You gotta be kidding me. I might have to watch this shyt for real.
:deadrose:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Black Swan was about a dancer and it was one of the best films released that year; just like Whiplash is EASILY one of the best this year; Did you see Whiplash?

one of my all-time favs
:shaq2:Naw breh. I don't see what the big hype is. A guy teaching a younger guy to play drums by going HAM on him. What's so great besides the performances? The plot seems like Rocky with drums.

so you haven't even fn seen it and you're hating? :camby: :camby: :camby: :pacspit:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
one of my all-time favs

so you haven't even fn seen it and you're hating? :camby: :camby: :camby: :pacspit:
:whoa:I wasnt hating breh, I was just tryna stir up some convo to find out what's so great about it.

Just saying you have to watch it to see really isn't saying much either. I'm not a huge fan of drummer/pianist/guitarist movies.:shaq:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Ruckus, you better than this man. hating on a movie that is well received without even seeing it first? Come on breh:comeon:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:I wasnt hating breh, I was just tryna stir up some convo to find out what's so great about it.

Just saying you have to watch it to see really isn't saying much either. I'm not a huge fan of drummer/pianist/guitarist movies.:shaq:

I'm not a fan of rock music but I love almost famous. I'm not a fan of ballet but I love Black Swan. A great movie is a great movie.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm not a fan of rock music but I love almost famous. I'm not a fan of ballet but I love Black Swan. A great movie is a great movie.
Ruckus, you better than this man. hating on a movie that is well received without even seeing it first? Come on breh:comeon:
I said I was gonna watch it brehs. I would "hate" on Foxcatcher next, but fukk it I'll take that one in too.:skip: