"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't see Lucy so I can't speak for it but a child could've written better dialogue in the hobbit. Man..that movie. I'm still recovering

That type of movie is going to have childish dialogue, it's not some nuanced look at life. I don't think simple or childish dialogue should doom a movie, there is no one template for a good movie. Hobbit 3 had great visuals and a couple of fight scenes that were very exciting imo, and I enjoyed most of the movie.

Likewise with Lucy, "to knowledge" was really bad, but the rest of the movie was interesting enough that I liked it.

Film is a visual medium, dialogue only counts for so much IMO.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That type of movie is going to have childish dialogue, it's not some nuanced look at life. I don't think simple or childish dialogue should doom a movie, there is no one template for a good movie. Hobbit 3 had great visuals and a couple of fight scenes that were very exciting imo, and I enjoyed most of the movie.

Likewise with Lucy, "to knowledge" was really bad, but the rest of the movie was interesting enough that I liked it.

Film is a visual medium, dialogue only counts for so much IMO.

Idk man, the dialogue in the lord of the rings trilogy is pretty good. It's not great but it's a good level of writing that makes sense for the world it is and has to at least sound good and have a certain rhythm to it and fit the characters while also moving the drama along; it also has to feel honest. Good dialogue doesn't mean "nuanced look at life." Sorkin's forte has always been his dialogue and when he's firing on all cylinders, it's not about a nuanced look at life at all, far from it. But it fits the world of his movies, it fits characters, it informs the action and moves the action along and sounds believable coming out of those characters mouths. Jackson had no problem hitting that on the first three movies but couldn't for this last three

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk man, the dialogue in the lord of the rings trilogy is pretty good. It's not great but it's a good level of writing that makes sense for the world it is and has to at least sound good and have a certain rhythm to it and fit the characters while also moving the drama along; it also has to feel honest. Good dialogue doesn't mean "nuanced look at life." Sorkin's forte has always been his dialogue and when he's firing on all cylinders, it's not about a nuanced look at life at all, far from it. But it fits the world of his movies, it fits characters, it informs the action and moves the action along and sounds believable coming out of those characters mouths. Jackson had no problem hitting that on the first three movies but couldn't for this last three

I wasn't saying good dialogue= nuanced look at life, just that The Hobbit movies are fairly childish and are going to have childish dialogue, childish dialogue won't be a nuanced look at life. Hobbit movies were a little cornier than LOTR and the dialogue reflected that to me:manny:. There was definetely a lot of goofy sh1t, but I was willing to overlook it for the great look of the movie and some good fight scenes.

On Interstellar... Introducing a villain and fight scene was goofy and unnecessary, really felt like they were doing it out of some obligation to keep reptilian minds interested in a big budget movie. I still liked it because the visuals were great and some of the ideas presented were interesting (like love having some kind of tangible component in the physical world we haven't identified yet.)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wasn't saying good dialogue= nuanced look at life, just that The Hobbit movies are fairly childish and are going to have childish dialogue, childish dialogue won't be a nuanced look at life. Hobbit movies were a little cornier than LOTR and the dialogue reflected that to me:manny:. There was definetely a lot of goofy sh1t, but I was willing to overlook it for the great look of the movie and some good fight scenes.

On Interstellar... Introducing a villain and fight scene was goofy and unnecessary, really felt like they were doing it out of some obligation to keep reptilian minds interested in a big budget movie. I still liked it because the visuals were great and some of the ideas presented were interesting (like love having some kind of tangible component in the physical world we haven't identified yet.)

See I just didn't like the visuals in the hobbit either. It was too much CGI..like it was barely tangible. but I'm with you on interstellar

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
did you see it breh?
Black Swan was about a dancer and it was one of the best films released that year; just like Whiplash is EASILY one of the best this year; Did you see Whiplash?

:shaq2:Naw breh. I don't see what the big hype is. A guy teaching a younger guy to play drums by going HAM on him. What's so great besides the performances? The plot seems like Rocky with drums.
:heh:And comparing it to Black Swan? You gotta be kidding me. I might have to watch this shyt for real.