"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my brehs hating on interstellar got me at my work desk like

curb-your-enthusiasm-vow-of-silence_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

Lol it's not hate breh. Hate would be if I just said "yeah this sucks" and couldn't articulate why. But I'm saying for me, it didn't do what I need movies to do for me to be invested. To say it's an ok flick or an average flick that I didn't like that much isn't as bad as me saying it's a terrible flick and I didn't like it.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lol it's not hate breh. Hate would be if I just said "yeah this sucks" and couldn't articulate why. But I'm saying for me, it didn't do what I need movies to do for me to be invested. To say it's an ok flick or an average flick that I didn't like that much isn't as bad as me saying it's a terrible flick and I didn't like it.
well it was the most hyped up film i can think of in the in ages.

I'm not sure how much hype played in the disappointment of some, but i still stan for this flick.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
my brehs hating on interstellar got me at my work desk like

curb-your-enthusiasm-vow-of-silence_featured_photo_gallery.jpg
:obama:I think that's the beauty of it though breh. A lot of people hate it because they thought it was gonna be something else or it didn't have enough. I can't even lie. The first time I walked out of the theatre with my girl we were complaining that it was too long and weren't even sure we liked it. Then we sat down and started talking about the issues the movie brought up and the decisions they make in it and it just made us want to experience it again. I think it's a movie about self reflection. Especially after the Dr. Mann scene. It may not have as much replay value as Inception, but it still provoked a lot of thought and discussion afterwards no matter how shytty the script may or may not have been.

:ufdup:If you read the OG script before watching it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well it was the most hyped up film i can think of in the in ages.

I'm not sure how much hype played in the disappointment of some, but i still stan for this flick.

Well I was just disappointed because of something that I've noticed with Nolan since Inception, which got worse in Dark Knight Rises and was better in this movie but still there: characters. But I've gone into that enough. Again, if you liked it, I'm glad you did, everything ain't for everybody:whoknows:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Well I was just disappointed because of something that I've noticed with Nolan since Inception, which got worse in Dark Knight Rises and was better in this movie but still there: characters. But I've gone into that enough. Again, if you liked it, I'm glad you did, everything ain't for everybody:whoknows:
That's what is so weird because he was great at characters (Insomnia, Prestige, even Batman Begins), but like you said, Ijust didn't give a shyt if they were successful or not at the end; I just liked looking at it;

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I have no problem acknowledging that 2/3 of Interstellar makes for an excellent movie, but stuff like serial killer Casey Affleck, Matt Mann's heel turn and the whole fifth dimension cosmic string time travel messages were pretty bad.

You should know at this point I'm mostly shytting on Interstellar because you can't help fall for it every time.

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I have no problem acknowledging that 2/3 of Interstellar makes for an excellent movie, but stuff like serial killer Casey Affleck, Matt Mann's heel turn and the whole fifth dimension cosmic string time travel messages were pretty bad.

Word