Dark Souls II (PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
Just picked this up yesterday and i decided to use the knight... Any suggestions? And what class do yall prefer?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just picked this up yesterday and i decided to use the knight... Any suggestions? And what class do yall prefer?
A STR build is a safe bet and good way to start the series. Get yourself a good shield (Drangleic Shield, you can find it early on). You'll want to become familiar with the mechanics of gauging your stamina, gauging the timing of enemy attacks so you can block and hit back efficiently

The game is so open-ended its hard to give any concrete advice, most of the shyt you'll learn for yourself but dont hesitate to ask for any help breh

Welcome to DS :blessed:

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
Ok cool. One more question... How can i raise my max health? Seems like it drops the more i get killed

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok cool. One more question... How can i raise my max health? Seems like it drops the more i get killed
Basically when you die for the first time, you become "hollow"....youre no longer human. You progressively lose 5% of your max health when you die as a hollow....to a max of 50%. Human Effigies will restore your humanity but theyre pretty rare early on so try not to waste them

Theres a ring called Ring of Binding that makes it so you only lose up to 75%...very helpful

Theres also a ring called Ring of Life Protection that allows you to keep your souls and humanity after you die....basically removing the penalty of death....itll break but can be repaired for 3000 souls.....EXTREMELY useful item imo....later on in the game, 3000 souls is basically nothing...and you wont need Human Effigies anymore

But for the first few hours...imagine your max HP as being half of what it actually is....anything above that is a bonus :pachaha: You wont get to those rings for the first few hours

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
i dont mind the health dropping at all. i would get down to 50% and keep trying the boss until i could dodge everything.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Finally getting going with this. Had to stop for a little bit because of the frustration. :snoop:

I'll be back for more later though. I love this series.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I dont even care when my health is cut in half now because i realized you can tear through everything barely getting touched, plus i have a ring that gives me health when i get hit and a ring that regenerates health so im not concerned. bosses can be killed with 6 estus flasks barely taking damage. Using a strength build just choppin the shyt out of everything at close range. fukk spells.

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
currently 70 hrs into this bytch

normally this would be the point where i start losin interest in rpgs but im still savoring every minute wit this juan:blessed:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Summoning people makes this game really fun, I have like 11 human effigies.

Im up to No Mans Wharf, Level 61

Last edited:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
brehs...Undead Crypt is the greatest place to invade. i get so much hatemail :blessed:

basically just invade and go hit the bells in the area. this spawns a fukk ton of enemies that the host will have to deal with.
most of the time they die before i even have to fight them. i love to send people messages after just saying "ding dong motherfukker". i get some hilarious messages back.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The Royal Rat Authority pissed me the fukk off. Went through a lot of human effigys on that boss fight