Dante Ross industry A&R and sometime hiphop producer gets packed up by Tariq and FBA’s on Twitter. Goes private.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It’s hard to document cause Dante was talking crazy and then went private when he got washed up.

He tried to call Tariq a failed R&B singer, then enlisted Chuck D, Tariq told him Chuck D has been to his house ask him to bring you over.

He challenged Tariq to a debate and then blocked everyone who was providing receipts.

This movie really got people in their feelings he was just the 1st to jump out the window.

That Latino hiphop scholar dude is just lying.
Jay Smooth is emotional.
Joe Conzo threatening legal action for use of his photos.
Dante Ross just went ballistic.
Fat Joe lying still.

There's a puerto Rican professor called "DR Colon" whose going around saying that we didnt create hiphop or even RnB. These latinos getting bold smh

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Y'all argue about the most useless shyt.

You've seen the footage from the time period. There were non Black people participating in early Hip Hop.

And there are Black Islanders all in the family tree.

Why do y'all wanna draw a distinction between descendants of slaves in the Islands and South America and the slaves in the US? What's so different about those lineages that we need to separate ourselves from one another?

Oh yeah. The Reparations Fairy might not come visit if youre not an a$$hole towards Black people from other parts of the world.
It's because carribeans are being used to try to crowbar mexicans into hophop. It's really that simple. I see the play. There's also the fact that breakdancing is being added to the olympics, so latinos uniting like voltron to claim that they created breakdancing.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
No he wasn't. That one post I quoted for you says Herc was attending these parties when he was still in high school. Go through that one post & you'll see where Herc got his influences, because the ones he copied, were already participating in what we all now call hip hop. It just wasn't called that yet
Herc is the ultimate culture vulture and all this shyt really stems from him not telling the truth. Even down to the fact that jamaicans copied "toasting" from radio hosts like Jocko Henderson. HE KNOWS, but he just doesn't want to talk about it.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I mean the truth always get the liars out the paint

say what you will about Tariq

I think his hip hop crusade is a good thing.
It's needed. there's a very real agenda to make hiphop a latino thing. Companies and record labels see the huge mexican population and see $$$$$. They're even willing to peddle lies to make it happen.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's because carribeans are being used to try to crowbar mexicans into hophop. It's really that simple. I see the play. There's also the fact that breakdancing is being added to the olympics, so latinos uniting like voltron to claim that they created breakdancing.

The reaction to disinformation shouldn't be disinformation.

To say ONLY ADOS were involved in the early days of Hip Hop is disingenuous. There were a few people of other nationalities around. And there always have been a few. There's a few now in the pop rap scene. Admitting that simple fact doesn't erase us from history. Hip Hop is Black American Music. Just like all Soul music. And the whole world are fans.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The reaction to disinformation shouldn't be disinformation.

To say ONLY ADOS were involved in the early days of Hip Hop is disingenuous. There were a few people of other nationalities around. And there always have been a few. There's a few now in the pop rap scene. Admitting that simple fact doesn't erase us from history. Hip Hop is Black American Music. Just like all Soul music. And the whole world are fans.
Tariq isnt spreading misinformation. Highlighting the fact that jamaicans got toasting by literally copying guys like Jocko henderson isnt misinformation. Highligting the fact that Coxon Dodd got the idea of soundsystems from going to black american parties and juke joints isnt misinformation. Carribeans and puerto ricans dont see to know their own history, and tariq will highlight it. Do i think that carribeans and puerto ricans made contributions to hiphop? Yes. However, their new angle is that they CREATED the elements of hiphop. This is FALSE. most of the hiphop dances are just swing dances that jazz performers would do. Toasting came from black americans and so did the sound systems. My qualm is how carribeans and puerto ricans are claiming that the elements of hiphop came from their culture. I'm not denying that they got involved early in hiphop. The shyt im seeing today seems like latinos are claiming the swing dances that we had (which evolved to break dacning). they're claiming they created pop and locking (FALSE).

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Tariq isnt spreading misinformation. Highlighting the fact that jamaicans got toasting by literally copying guys like Jocko henderson isnt misinformation. Highligting the fact that Coxon Dodd got the idea of soundsystems from going to black american parties and juke joints isnt misinformation. Carribeans and puerto ricans dont see to know their own history, and tariq will highlight it. Do i think that carribeans and puerto ricans made contributions to hiphop? Yes. However, their new angle is that they CREATED the elements of hiphop. This is FALSE. most of the hiphop dances are just swing dances that jazz performers would do. Toasting came from black americans and so did the sound systems. My qualm is how carribeans and puerto ricans are claiming that the elements of hiphop came from their culture. I'm not denying that they got involved early in hiphop. The shyt im seeing today seems like latinos are claiming the swing dances that we had (which evolved to break dacning). they're claiming they created pop and locking (FALSE).

Agreed

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
The original Spades were formed in part to defend against Puerto Ricans (and obviously whites)

the spades wer formed as children

this comment you quoted explains it best

Spade founders David Brockington and Guru mobilized after the beef they had with Puerto Ricans in JHS 123.

the spades formed as kids and these were kid fights

junior high is kid sh!t

as they grew from a few to dozens the goal became activism and against racists of any kind.

ricans been in the hood (soundview) since day 1 and since many of them wer alredy part of the nation or affiliated thas how they got down

the PR's that came straight from the island that were not used to black/Latino relationships and often stayed with their kind.

more proof the black/latino relationship exsisted

it was the islanders who still had the colonial mentality and wer white washed from the propaganda spewed by american media

If there was a latino in the Spades

if?

this is disengenous

the research has been done

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
the spades wer formed as children

this comment you quoted explains it best

Teens
the spades formed as kids and these were kid fights

junior high is kid sh!t

as they grew from a few to dozens the goal became activism and against racists of any kind.

ricans been in the hood (soundview) since day 1 and since many of them wer alredy part of the nation or affiliated thas how they got down

The Spades battled Ricans all the way into the late 1970s

more proof the black/latino relationship exsisted

Latinos at large and black people didn't rock with one another, only the few latins that crossed over into black spaces like Felipe Luciano, Mario Bauza, Machito etc...

it was the islanders who still had the colonial mentality and wer white washed from the propaganda spewed by american media

That mentality stayed with Nuyoricans until almost the late 1970s

if?

this is disengenous

the research has been done

Those were facts! Take "Lava" or "Straightman" for example

__00__%20lava%20on%20the%20net9copy.jpg

He was a part of the Manhattan division of Black Spades and says that "black" people just looked at him as a light skinned black man rather than a Puerto Rican

I was born in Spanish Harlem in 1953 to a mother and father who came from Carolina Puerto Rico which is the home of the famous Base Ball player ROBERTO CLEMENTE. Many thought I was just a light skin black dude or what they referred to many brothers back then as “High Yellow.” But I’m Boricua from uptown Manhattan. I began writing with my brother KOOL BREEZE in 1970 or the early part of 1971. We both love hitting the buses and walls, it is what many writers did back then, guys like CAY 161, JUNIOR 161, TAKI 183, JOE 182, TONY184, EDDIE 181, COOL CLIFF 120, C.A.T.-87, HILT 505, CENTURY 120, JOCKEY 1, MAJOR 120, CLANCY 120, HULK 62, EDDIE 181, WEB 1&2, JEE 126, CAR 54 and BORICUA 1(from the Broadway line) Were dudes I saw hitting the streets and buses before moving over to subway cars.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I really hope this documentary does well, would have liked someone like @IllmaticDelta to do it rather than Tariq but either way the narrative of Kool Herc Jamaicans or Puerto Rican’s creating Hip Hop needs to be put to bed, it’s a narrative that I used to believe myself, it’s spread like wildfire since the 80’s.

Whatever grievances I may have with some of Tariqs opinions I can’t knock him on this one, I still feel like he lurks the coli though because certain posters have long been on that wave.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Y'all argue about the most useless shyt.

You've seen the footage from the time period. There were non Black people participating in early Hip Hop.

And there are Black Islanders all in the family tree.

Why do y'all wanna draw a distinction between descendants of slaves in the Islands and South America and the slaves in the US? What's so different about those lineages that we need to separate ourselves from one another?

Oh yeah. The Reparations Fairy might not come visit if youre not an a$$hole towards Black people from other parts of the world.

One of the best coli posts I've seen in years.