D'Angelo Russell outplays Curry Huertas locks him up and Randle outplays Draymond #LOADING

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Curry isn't making his halfcourt three pointers he is absolutely WORTHLESS!

Never seen a gaurd so celebrated been so GARBAGE on defense. Dude is like a Kevin Martin type player, that got lucky he was drafted on a team with a GOAT GM with a knack for talent acquisition.

I told y'all he was a gimmick player. When he aint hitting lucky shots, he garbage.

This is why the legends don't respect him.

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
Good defense isn't the cause for one of the greatest offensive players this game has ever seen to shoot 20% from the field. I don't think you're getting this, if that was all it took to stop Curry he wouldn't be remotely in the conversation for best player in the league point blank. His ability to hit consistently nail contested shots and get open in a variety of ways is what makes him a superstar. That performance in G2 was a huge abberation and there's a reason he's cooked Delly several times since including most recently last month. There's a reason in the second matchup with Detroit, Caldwell Pope was a complete non factor and that Patrick Beverley/Chris Paul get embarrassed by him on a regular basis despite being touted as great defenders. He's just that good. Guys like you just highlight the games he struggles where a great defender happens to be guarding him thinking that he's soley responsible on some correlation = causation shyt. We'll ignore the games where he makes them look like a joke though

It's a terrible look for you to actually believe that a single defender can have such a large impact on the percentages of a dominant player.

Plenty of players that are called great are stopped by good defense. It's happened to Lbj with Kawhi and Durant with Tony Allen, to name a few. KD even said Allen was in his head and that he rushed shots because he was worried about Allen blocking his shots. That hasn't stopped KD from being called a great player.

Curry is called a superstar because he's the leading scorer on the team with the best record. His screeners get him open and also him running from defenders.

He scored 19 points on 40% from the field and 25% from 3 in GS against the Cavs. You don't go from having a competitive game against GS in their building (where they are dominate) to getting 40-pieced in your building (where you are dominate) in 3 weeks. Cavs threw the 2nd game against GS to fire Blatt.

He hasn't "cooked" Delly. His screeners "cooked" Kyrie in the game you brought up. Nice try, though. And the Cavs were giving him open shots to throw the game.

KCP was a non-factor because Curry was defended by someone else, was running from KCP, passed the ball, KCP was clipped by egregious moving screens from Dray and Bogut, Curry was wide open, Curry got transition buckets. It was embarrassing. Same with Bev and CP3 guarding him. Wake me up when this is not the case. And GS was blown out by Detroit in the game that KCP was a "complete non-factor".

No one gets cooked like the Chef, though.

When a player plays good defense on you, the few times you get looks, you will miss because your defender has taken you out of rhythm. That's what happened to Curry in the Finals. It's a terrible look for you to claim that a player just "happened" to be trash in the same series and games where a player "played good defense" on you.

You problem is you have yet to prove Curry making any defender (maybe Felton) "look like a joke".

Please explain how it's a "terrible look" to believe that NBA defenders aren't good enough to stop shooters, even though they get paid millions to do just that? I guess it's an even more "terrible look" to pay people millions to stop shooters?

Shooters have big averages because great defenders are much more rare than shooters. Especially with the wealth of bigs that can screen for weaker 1-on-1 players like Curry. Dray even said that his primary job on the team is to screen for Curry. If great defenders weren't so outnumbered, the shooters wouldn't have the averages they have. 2 other factors are stat-padders like free throws and the fact that you can't touch players these days because it's a foul.

Last edited:

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
:patrice: Thats cool but it doesnt blow up the theory though... like yeah there may be a breh or two who have had success (:whew: KCP ate his food). But across the board he has handled nearly all athletic bulldog defenders easily, to the point where he was being referred to as unguardable.... yet whenever hes getting grilled by an awkward goofy ass defender its turnover city. Whats more awkward than a damn flailing foreign eurocac??

I mean Huertas wasn't even biting on Chef's feign dribbles.. because he couldnt have reacted to them even if he wanted to:pachaha:. His go-to moves usually lull defenders to sleep, keep em on the balls of their feet anticipating a lunge, or distract them long enough for him to get his shot off. He be puttin CP3 on skates But Delly and them just stomp around flatfooted arms out with the :dwillhuh: "MUST DEFEND" face. They cant even process what hes tryna do, so they don't overthink his moves. When Curry cant control the direction of his defender, then HE starts overthinking HIS OWN moves, and starts doin things he doesnt normally do... resulting in turnovers.:ohhh:
Gallinari though? :russ::mjlol: yo im finna write a thesis

Nah, even Langston Galloway of the Knicks punked him. In CP3's match-ups with him, Curry was defended by someone else, was running from CP3, Curry passed the ball, CP3 was clipped by egregious moving screens by Dray and Bogut, Curry was wide open, and Curry had transition buckets. :russell: Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
ijDmow.gif

This will never get old :banderas::ahh:

Daps
how do you know he doesn't?
I live 10-15 minutes away from the Oracle. some of their Asian fans want to play victim so bad like their team is the lakers or celtics
Because he doesn't.

He probably just knows a few and is parlaying them with some comments he saw on Twitter or some shyt. Why anyone would make a sweeping generalization like that, I don't know.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
:mjcry: they did it for Goatbe. Finally paid up and got my tickets for last game. Brehs ima need to bring a towel to dig my head into leaving staples.:to:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO, he thrives more off-ball and working off that, rather than running an action from the top. Most of his playmaking seems to come off passes he gets when he finds his spot without the ball. You hardly ever see him actually running the offense, working within the PnR action like a typical PG does. That's not to say he doesn't do that at all. Just that it isn't where he's most effective.

More drives per game, more team points off PnRs, more assists, more assists off PnRs,
In that case then you can all any and every point guard a "playmaking 2" :martin:

Dude is passing people open every other play and reading the D. He's constantly surveying and willing to give the ball up, he's definitely the Lakers PG. CLARKSON is a playmaking 2 if anything.
Dude doesn't know what he's talking about or watch Laker games like that