D'Angelo Russell outplays Curry Huertas locks him up and Randle outplays Draymond #LOADING

Daps
His playing style earlier in the season reminded me of Nash with heavy volume passing and picking his spots for shots. I see his playing style has changed since then as he's become more aggressive but with the right coaching and pieces around him (athletic 3s and guys that competently roll) I could see him going back to how he was playing earlier in the year.
IMO, he thrives more off-ball and working off that, rather than running an action from the top. Most of his playmaking seems to come off passes he gets when he finds his spot without the ball. You hardly ever see him actually running the offense, working within the PnR action like a typical PG does. That's not to say he doesn't do that at all. Just that it isn't where he's most effective.
As for Mudiay having a better vision or being better in the PnR game, I'm gonna need them receipts as you do know more than me
More drives per game, more team points off PnRs, more assists, more assists off PnRs, higher team FG% assist completion rate etc etc. He does shyt like this regularly -

I mean the best "receipts" I can give you, is the advice to get League Pass and watch some Nuggets games. :manny:

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
Now that you say that it just reminded me TJ McConnell did a good job on Steph too :ohhh: Undrafted cacs may be the answer
I'm telling you breh. Steph is a great player but he's definitely stoppable

It's a different game when them miracle contested shots ain't falling

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
@SCORCH

3xYWpeh.gif

De'Angelo >>>> Oafzard :mjpls:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
IMO, he thrives more off-ball and working off that, rather than running an action from the top. Most of his playmaking seems to come off passes he gets when he finds his spot without the ball. You hardly ever see him actually running the offense, working within the PnR action like a typical PG does. That's not to say he doesn't do that at all. Just that it isn't where he's most effective.

More drives per game, more team points off PnRs, more assists, more assists off PnRs, higher team FG% assist completion rate etc etc. He does shyt like this regularly -

I mean the best "receipts" I can give you, is the advice to get League Pass and watch some Nuggets games. :manny:

so does Dlo

Full Measures

All Star
Daps

No he doesn't do shyt like that regularly. He averages more assists because he has the luxury of tossing it to athletic bigs like Jokic and Faried

Meanwhile D'Angelo has Hibbert to throw it to. Russell is better breh. Admit it

Daps
You're ignoring the fact that there are slow, unathletic point guards in the league that way slower than Russell and can only score off ball but are rightfully called PGs. I didnt bring up Mudiay because that's irrelevant to what I'm referring to.
Believe me, I'm not ignoring anything. It doesn't have anything to do with him being slow and unathletic. Nash was the epitome of slow and unathletic.
Just because Russell is tall and can score/shoot that does not mean he is not a point guard. He is definitely a point guard and is a pass first player, he just plays the position differently than Mudiay.
:francis:

That's not why I don't think he's a PG or that he won't be a PG down the line (Muiday and D'Angelo are both roughly the same height). He's not the type of player at this stage that can handle the ball on every possession, and initiate the offense in the halfcourt. He works best off the ball, finding his spot and then creating either for himself or a teammate from there.
Russell is drastically less effective as just a spot up guy, the threat of the pass makes his game more effective, which is why he had a bad start since the ball was in Clarkson's hands only early this season.
You don't have to be just a spot up shooter if you're a two-guard. As I said he's similar to Harden in that he's best used as a creator off the ball, rather than handling the possessions. I've seen a few Lakers fans who've actually said similar.