Damn, she put Larry King in check! (I miss Black Women Like This)

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
It's the plight of the activist. "I cannot achieve x or y because of my skin color, or my sexual orientation, or because I'm a woman..." etc... while completely ignoring hundreds of thousands of examples of people who did achieve their dreams despite life's inequity. It's the victim's mentality... "my life isn't fair I don't have the opportunities you had so you need to fix it."
You black breh?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure they are. But it's approaching every aspect of life from that "I'm the victim" mentality which irks me.
if you never acknowledge that you are a victim. you will always be one/or become one. first things first. see reality for what it is. were you raped? YES OR NO

YES

ok, now did your rapist get a serious sentence for the rape? NO

ok did you get any real reparations for being raped? NO

Are you currently being raped? YES
has your rapist been imprisoned? NO
have you received reparations for being raped this time around? NO

So you were a Victim and because racism at its core hasnt changed much. you are still a victim correct? CORRECT.

so they dont hang you anymore just cause. but they intentionally try to keep you from getting a good to great educatoin, good to great job , paying good to great wages, with good to great benefits. even when you do qualify. see the merril lynch lawsuit to backup my point.

therefore you were a victim and you still are a victim. because you're still being victimized.

NOW with that said, if a bully is bullying you, it doesnt mean you cant fight back. even if you beat the bully up. you were still BULLIED and if more bullies bully you after the fact. you are still being BULLIED even if you knock them out too.

being a victim when you really are one. isnt a negative thing. its the TRUTH.

let me go further.

If you were robbed of your wallet. are you a victim of a robbery? NOPE (so you say)
well then is your wallet missing? NOPE(so you say)

well then if you were not robbed and your wallet isnt missing in your eyes. but in reality you no longer have your wallet because someone robbed you but you refuse to admit it.

you wont do what you have to do to go get your wallet back. nor will anyone else out there that is willing to help. be able to help you get your wallet back. because in your warped mind. "i'm not a victim of a robbery..nothing happened to me."

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you never acknowledge that you are a victim. you will always be one/or become one. first things first. see reality for what it is. were you raped? YES OR NO

YES

ok, now did your rapist get a serious sentence for the rape? NO

ok did you get any real reparations for being raped? NO

Are you currently being raped? YES
has your rapist been imprisoned? NO
have you received reparations for being raped this time around? NO

So you were a Victim and because racism at its core hasnt changed much. you are still a victim correct? CORRECT.

so they dont hang you anymore just cause. but they intentionally try to keep you from getting a good to great educatoin, good to great job , paying good to great wages, with good to great benefits. even when you do qualify. see the merril lynch lawsuit to backup my point.

therefore you were a victim and you still are a victim. because you're still being victimized.

NOW with that said, if a bully is bullying you, it doesnt mean you cant fight back. even if you beat the bully up. you were still BULLIED and if more bullies bully you after the fact. you are still being BULLIED even if you knock them out too.

being a victim when you really are one. isnt a negative thing. its the TRUTH.

let me go further.

If you were robbed of your wallet. are you a victim of a robbery? NOPE (so you say)
well then is your wallet missing? NOPE(so you say)

well then if you were not robbed and your wallet isnt missing in your eyes. but in reality you no longer have your wallet because someone robbed you but you refuse to admit it.

you wont do what you have to do to go get your wallet back. nor will anyone else out there that is willing to help. be able to help you get your wallet back. because in your warped mind. "i'm not a victim of a robbery..nothing happened to me."

You make good points and I don't disagree with those examples.

I guess for me, I like being black. I revel in it and I wouldn't want to be anything else. I don't feel that I was raped or robbed by life by being born black in America. Case in point, if a genie popped up tomorrow and offered you a chance to wake up tomorrow as a white man with all the benefits and opportunities that come with it, would you say yes? Of course not. Do we have it as good as whites in this country, nah, but is it so serious that we need to make a lifestyle out of that mentality? I say no, which is why I'm not targeting Sistah Souljah specifically, but all activism. It's a culture of "the world owes me" and I think it's a waste of time. What if instead of all the time she spent going on talk shows talking about "White man this" and "White man that", what if she opened up a school or ran for Congress or something. It's the difference between activism and action.

What can I say, I hate activists, breh. :manny:

Last edited:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes you can be black. there are tons of black folk that are in denial of the realities of the world they live in. and it seems you're one of them. IF you are actually black.

So... not co-signing a 90's interview with a black activist is now "denying the realities of the world"? :snoop: You niccas try too hard man.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You make good points and I don't disagree with those examples.

I guess for me, I like being black. I revel in it and I wouldn't want to be anything else. Case in point, if a genie popped up tomorrow and offered you a chance to wake up tomorrow as a white man with all the benefits and opportunities that come with it, would you say yes? Of course not; so really how bad is it? Do we have it as good as whites in this country, nah, but is it so serious that we need to make a lifestyle out of that mentality? I say no, which is why I'm not targeting Sistah Souljah specifically, but all activism. It's a culture of "the world owes me" and I think it's a waste of time. What if instead of all the time she spent going on talk shows talking about "White man this" and "White man that", what if she opened up a school or ran for Congress or something. It's the difference between activism and action.

What can I say, I hate activists, breh. :manny:
thats like saying what if public enemy was never a group and what if chuck D ran for congress.
what you dont realize is some of your black and white youngins in congress in government in general grew up off of sista soulja and PE. you know what that means? it means they may have been given info about black people(if they were black, about themselves) that they did not know or really think about in such detail. perhaps those words changed their outlook on life and made them want to fight for their people from within. fight for equality from within. there are more then one way to fight. you need people being activist to get the rest of us to MOVE. they shout, it empowers us to move. music and words are not just for entertainment. its there to MOVE YOU. and it does move people.

sista soulja also showed black women a certain level of strength and knowledge. something and someone they could follow in every walk of life.

you have to talk about the reality of life in order to TRULY move forward you cant just forget about it. the human mind doesnt work like that. for example. girl gets raped at 14. she refuses to admit she's a victim. there's a difference in admitting you're a victim or were a victim vs just playing "the victim role 24/7" a rape victim was raped once not daily for their entire lives. white supremacy still attacks people of color every single day. there's a difference.
back to this rape victim of 14 yrs of age. she gets raped, and says to self "you were not a victim and put it behind you today and never bring it up again."

she goes on to be this big successful business woman. little do you know the reason she never dates is because she's afraid of men in an intimate setting. little do you know she very promiscuous behind closed doors. little do you know even when she gets a good man, she cant trust him because of what happened when she was 14. but she cant move on and graduate to be successful in her relationship life until she ADMITS she was a victim that day. and thats ok, admit that it broke her that day. and thats okay. admit that it takes time to heal. thats okay.

if i get shot but i'm not dead. it will hurt. it will take time to heal. i was a shooting victim. i can act like the spot where i got shot doesnt bother me all i want, but the bullet is still lodged there. i'm lying to myself if i say "i was never shot or ..it doesnt bother me."
it does.

thats REALITY. now granted to dont get stuck there and do nothing about it. do something. but activist help the regular people DO something.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats like saying what if public enemy was never a group and what if chuck D ran for congress.
what you dont realize is some of your black and white youngins in congress in government in general grew up off of sista soulja and PE. you know what that means? it means they may have been given info about black people(if they were black, about themselves) that they did not know or really think about in such detail. perhaps those words changed their outlook on life and made them want to fight for their people from within. fight for equality from within. there are more then one way to fight. you need people being activist to get the rest of us to MOVE. they shout, it empowers us to move. music and words are not just for entertainment. its there to MOVE YOU. and it does move people.

:what: Breh what do you mean "what you don't realize". I'm 34 breh, I grew up on Sistah Souljah. At least the album. I didn't follow her post-musical career at all.

sista soulja also showed black women a certain level of strength and knowledge. something and someone they could follow in every walk of life.

I was there for that. My sister used to stay quoting "My GOD, is a powerful BLACK GOD!" while refusing to go to church :laugh:. It was kinda funny.

thats REALITY. now granted to dont get stuck there and do nothing about it. do something. but activist help the regular people DO something.

I guess. I mean, you're not wrong and you're making good points breh, but I still hate those self-righteous motherfukkers. :laugh:

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
It's the plight of the activist. "I cannot achieve x or y because of my skin color, or my sexual orientation, or because I'm a woman..." etc... while completely ignoring hundreds of thousands of examples of people who did achieve their dreams despite life's inequity." It's the victim's mentality... "my life isn't fair I don't have the opportunities you had so you need to fix it."

It's not about cannot. It's about reduced probability. Your mentality seems to be this:

As a black person, I'm four times less likely to achieve x or y compared to a white person of equal skill but that's okay because I still have a chance.

Your suggestion is that we do nothing to stop this injustice and you accuse everyone who brings it up for having a victim's mentality. Bringing up obvious injustices like this doesn't mean that you're someone with a victim's mentality who's looking for handouts.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about cannot. It's about reduced probability. Your mentality seems to be this:

As a black person, I'm four times less likely to achieve x or y compared to a white person of equal skill but that's okay because I still have a chance.

Your suggestion is that we do nothing to stop this injustice and you accuse everyone who brings it up for having a victim's mentality. Bringing up obvious injustices like this doesn't mean that you're someone with a victim's mentality who's looking for handouts.

:what: Where the eff are you guys drawing these inferences from? I never said any of that. I just don't think sitting around blaming the white man for everything is gonna get us anywhere.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
I had this album

c9cb52b0-b3c6-11e1-a4d6-123139183035.