Damn, Series X has only sold about 4m to date

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I don't know. It's seems like their former stance was to be the de facto platform for third parties. There was a time when stuff like CoD and Battlefield were played more on Xbox than other platforms so perhaps they figured they'd just let other folks do the heavy lifting. And I can kinda forgive the error in that logic when even presently you consider the type of games that do big numbers. I mean, this is the same company that chucked the deuces at Bioware (along with Mass Effect) and Bungie lol. I think they now understand people still crave "exclusives", or at least something that differentiates your platform. Especially when being asked to shell out $500+ for a piece of kit.
See to me thst was conceding that they weren't able to compete. That's just dumb. Why get a Xbox when I can get a gaming PC or even a steamdeck and play the same games? It just does not make sense to me.

I know one thing, the exclusives they have coming outside of the normal Halo and Forza and Gears better be fire. It just seems to me they're way behind

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
MS said years ago that their intent wasn’t to sell consoles and that nobody needed to buy a Series S or X; that their whole goal was to make it to where you don’t need a console…nobody thinks it’s funny that these Sony weirdos can’t comprehend what Microsoft is trying to do?

For the 10th time, I have an Xbox on any device I own with a browser (minus a Roku). My PS5 just kinda sits in place with no real way of playing it in another room or another location outside my house by simply typing in a damn URL. I can go to my moms house 1000 miles away, get on her ancient ass laptop, go to Xbox.com/play and play Xbox instantly…

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
why create two consoles if you can only meet the demand for one of them and even that demand is artificial
People want the X but can't get it so they settle for the S
No doubt the people with the PS5 aren't dealing with this problem
ps5 is having the same issues. Damn near nobody has a digital ps5. And you still can’t find ps5s at retail prices

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just don't understand how there still aren't really many exclusives for it? Phil.been promising games since the beginning of the Xbox one generation and still nothing, outside of the usual forza, halo and gears. I get that obsidian and Bethesda have games coming, but got damn 9 years later and Microsoft still has the same.problem. I really don't get it.
So you don't understand they brought on companies who had prior obligations that they had to be allowed to fulfill? You don't understand the transition on the Xbox One days to the Xbox Series platform? You also don't understand COVID set most developers back?

Most of these studios were brought on from 2018-2021 that means 2022 would begin the release of those games. It really wasn't until 2017 that Nadella decided to put real effort into gaming. From that point on he essentially told Phil bring me your ideas directly and promoted him to senior leadership.
Microsoft Xbox boss Phil Spencer just got a big promotion and will now report directly to CEO Satya Nadella

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember when I was 14 years old and all I cared about where the "Console Wars".

The demographic here most be young, half the threads are shyt post. They are both great system, if you really enjoy the system your playing on you wouldn't even think about the other or waste you time to shyt on the other.:yeshrug:

The main stans are in their 30s-40s with children.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So you don't understand they brought on companies who had prior obligations that they had to be allowed to fulfill? You don't understand the transition on the Xbox One days to the Xbox Series platform? You also don't understand COVID set most developers back?

Most of these studios were brought on from 2018-2021 that means 2022 would begin the release of those games. It really wasn't until 2017 that Nadella decided to put real effort into gaming. From that point on he essentially told Phil bring me your ideas directly and promoted him to senior leadership.
Microsoft Xbox boss Phil Spencer just got a big promotion and will now report directly to CEO Satya Nadella
No...this nikka has been saying the same shyt since 2016 at least. I remember when they were talking about developing sea of thieves and crackdown 3 as exclusives. They kept talking about more games and just abandoned the Xbox one when there was no hope.

They could have easily did what Nintendo did with the Wii U...slowed up on the exclusives and started developing games for the next console mid cycle, so that they could be released the first year. Look at nintendos first year with breath of the wild and mario odyssey, IN THE FIRST YEAR. Because they started on their shyt mid gen because they knew they were in a sinking ship.

By the time these exclusives start rolling out, and to be honest most people just care about Starfield and that's it, they will be way behind the 8 ball. I don't see them doing that much better than they did last gen man. I'm seeing the same problems 8 years later.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Is 700 a good price from a re-seller?...a guy at work brought a series X and a ps5 over the summer....he only opened the Ps5 and is selling me the xbox

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I remember when I was 14 years old and all I cared about where the "Console Wars".

The demographic here most be young, half the threads are shyt post. They are both great system, if you really enjoy the system your playing on you wouldn't even think about the other or waste you time to shyt on the other.:yeshrug:

You would think so, but no. These are the dudes from the PS3 / XBOX360 era still stan warring in their 30's and 40's. :laff:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I say the same thing about grown men and sports:manny: