Damn...remember Boardwalk Empire was supposed to be a GOAT show?

Gains

Superstar
Daps
:rudy:

s3 was great.

gyp rosetti the gawd

plus this scene :noah:

11b22f1aa6a991ad24491320c1e6af2e.jpg

even s4 was really good minus the margaret stuff at the start

i will admit s5 was a bit of a misstep with all that they skipped

that mob war felt so forced :beli:

the only thing memorable about season 3 was was Richard Harrow clappin them Rosetti fucbois :birdman:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Gyp was a beast. One of the best villains on the show.

Yup. And he was there for 1 season only, no real reason for him being there, no story arc, and wasn't even killed by the dudes he had beef with.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
season 4 n 5 :scust:

4 was the best season with the Chalky/Narcisse war and Van Alden joining Capone in Chicago.

I always thought the biggest flaw of the show - and a chief reason why Season 5 was so bad - was that Nucky Thompson was almost never the highlight of any scene. Buscemi is a great actor, but that character was such a bore compared to Chalky, Capone, Jimmy, the whole New York crew, his brother, even Owen.

Also thought the Atlantic City aspect of the show never fully recovered from Jimmy getting clapped in Season 2. There were still great AC-based characters like Harrow, but losing Jimmy meant losing one of the very few great fictional characters on the show.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thought the series was great when I first watched it (on a week-to-week basis) as each season aired but I did a rewatch and it didn’t stand the test of time imo…I wasn’t a fan of jimmy’s character so him departing the show meant nothing to me but still I feel like season 3 was around the time the story started to feel disjointed…show had some GREAT characters tho—chalky, gyp, purnsley, dr. narcisse

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
seasons 1 & 2 and have a very complete story arc with no unresolved cliffhangers, so i just pretend the rest of the seasons don't exist.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still one of the goats lines in TV from Capone...

oh wow forgot to add capone to the list of great actors/characters on the show

*edit*

that was a dope little scene in general…talk about the cavalry coming thru :banderas: gyp really had nucky under some SERIOUS pressure