Damn...remember Boardwalk Empire was supposed to be a GOAT show?

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
still a great show, but they botched it after season 2. i would of kept jimmy alive one more season in hindsight.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
still a great show, but they botched it after season 2. i would of kept jimmy alive one more season in hindsight.
You not paying attention, Michael Pitt was a junkie, he forced their hand on the matter. Are you saying he role should have been recast with a new actor?

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
You not paying attention, Michael Pitt was a junkie, he forced their hand on the matter. Are you saying he role should have been recast with a new actor?
no, i mean they did what they had to do even from strictly a storyline perspective it made sense to kill him in my opinion either way junkie or not. just wish it had come later.

i've heard plenty of stories on michael pitt i mean all that shyt is none of my business either way.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Yeah, "killing" AR without even giving a proper mention was :camby:The actor that played AR was too good to go out like that...

The show was great, except for the last season. If the last season turned out nice, then it could be considered at least a contender for TOP 3 of all time. Too bad they fukked it all up in the last season.

Them skipping 1928-9 was a major misstep. In addition to AR's killing, they skipped over the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and the Great Depression. Season 5 should have gone to 1928 instead of 1931.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
half of hollywood on H bro, chill the fukk out

jimmy was the best part of that show and yes, it went downhill without him

"Back in 2011, Boardwalk Empire’s Terence Winter addressed the rumors that Michael Pitt was killed off for being difficult on set, telling Entertainment Weekly:

“[It’s] absolutely not true. Michael is a total professional. He’s intense, of course, but I don’t think you can do that job without being intense.”

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
show started going under after season 2
:rudy:

s3 was great.

gyp rosetti the gawd

plus this scene :noah:

11b22f1aa6a991ad24491320c1e6af2e.jpg

even s4 was really good minus the margaret stuff at the start

i will admit s5 was a bit of a misstep with all that they skipped

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i dont get how HBO fukked them over

it was incredibly costly, with established actors and a huge budget for set design alone. it didn't get great ratings and was not universally adored by critics. and after all that, it got 4.75 seasons, 5 nominally.
i guess you could say they did in a sense because the creators didnt write season 4 in a sense that the next season was going to be the last. they decided at the last minute to say season 5 was it, because in the end of the year promo hbo has they mentioned a new season of boardwalk empire, not a last season mention like they did for true blood, and then all of a sudden they are told "this is it" and threw together the last season. they had enough material to cover 6 seasons, they just thought they were working with more time.

still think season 2 and 3 should have been flip flopped. nucky new to the gangsta life has to deal with his first major threat in gyp, we'd get to see jimmy and richard put in work and at the end you could have jimmy feel disrespected by doing so much in season 2 that he feels slighted and it wouldnt have felt so rushed compared to going from season 1 to 2.

harrow :to:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Honestly I only liked Seasons 1-2. Seasons 3-4 were decent. I said that because Nucky's woman/jump off watever annoyed me the entire show. Season 5 was trash.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was no excuse for that final season. That ish was a waste of time and money
Still haven't got around to viewing the final season. For some reason after season 4 I felt very indifferent with regards to the plot or any of the remaining characters. First couple seasons started incredibly strong and have some standout moments but my interest in the show waned as it drew nearer to close, same thing happened with True Blood for me:yeshrug:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I found Jimmy and Margaret incredibly annoying. I was ready for Jimmy's death in Season 2... either that or his re-introduction to the good side. The last season definitely was rushed and felt anti-climatic based on having skipped so much potentially interesting material

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Honestly I only liked Seasons 1-2. Seasons 3-4 were decent. I said that because Nucky's woman/jump off watever annoyed me the entire show. Season 5 was trash.

When it was told from Jimmy's perspective, was when it was the best. Season 1-2 were all about Jimmy. Nucky wasn't even interesting then. Jimmy's rise as a player, with the other young guns is what made the first 2 season classic. His demons and dealing with the sperm donor pops, crazy mom dukes, father figure, being a soldier, being mentored by Nucky, wanting to do his own thing...but in 2 eps they destroyed all of that, he died and Nucky became a full-time gangster. How they handled Jimmy still made ZERO sense, story wise.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i guess you could say they did in a sense because the creators didnt write season 4 in a sense that the next season was going to be the last. they decided at the last minute to say season 5 was it, because in the end of the year promo hbo has they mentioned a new season of boardwalk empire, not a last season mention like they did for true blood, and then all of a sudden they are told "this is it" and threw together the last season. they had enough material to cover 6 seasons, they just thought they were working with more time.

still think season 2 and 3 should have been flip flopped. nucky new to the gangsta life has to deal with his first major threat in gyp, we'd get to see jimmy and richard put in work and at the end you could have jimmy feel disrespected by doing so much in season 2 that he feels slighted and it wouldnt have felt so rushed compared to going from season 1 to 2.

harrow :to:
:ehh: good point about the flip flop

show was very well done in many respects, but ultimately handled wrong by showrunners and execs alike.

more showrunners than execs tho

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
When it was told from Jimmy's perspective, was when it was the best. Season 1-2 were all about Jimmy. Nucky wasn't even interesting then. Jimmy's rise as a player, with the other young guns is what made the first 2 season classic. His demons and dealing with the sperm donor pops, crazy mom dukes, father figure, being a soldier, being mentored by Nucky, wanting to do his own thing...but in 2 eps they destroyed all of that, he died and Nucky became a full-time gangster. How they handled Jimmy still made ZERO sense, story wise.
Yea those 2 seasons were about building Jimmy up. That story line was interesting. And they fukked up my n1gga Chalky. Dude was a straight goon. That show couldn't convince me he had a family lol. Dude was ruthless to everybody. Just had to make his character simp his way out. Although she was gorgeous she damn sure wasn't worth getting killed over. And I hated the Dr. They shoulda gave the show 2 more seasons. Season 5 was short and rushed at the same time. I get how they tied it together but ending just didnt make since at all. The time jumps confused me. Im like Tommy is how old? Lmaoo.