Damn...remember Boardwalk Empire was supposed to be a GOAT show?

Daps
Yea I remember this. It was before a single episode had aired...Scorsese + Winter = GOAT show. Except it wasn't. It was just a great show.

Throughout the first two seasons all I heard was "fukk Nucky, we need more Capone, Lucky, Meyer, AR, etc", then Jimmy died and it became "ahh, fukk this shyt, they should've never killed Jimmy!" Fact is, the quality remained high for the first 4 seasons....season 4 might be the best.

I liked Buschemi as Nucky, but all of the real characters were exceptional and they stole the show. Season 5 was sub par and I blame that on them being forced to down earlier than they expected

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i dont get how HBO fukked them over

it was incredibly costly, with established actors and a huge budget for set design alone. it didn't get great ratings and was not universally adored by critics. and after all that, it got 4.75 seasons, 5 nominally.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Honestly this reason right here along with fact that:

1. After season 3 Nucky and Chalky started to become bland as hell... by the last seasons Nucky and Chalky were :scust:
2. Guys like Lucky, Capone, Lansky, and etc become way more interesting of characters that clearly needed their own spin-offs to tell their stories properly.
3. Magaret fukkin' Schroder and Jimmy's mama :scust: those bytches needed to die ultra violent deaths in the worst way :scust:

Exactly. It had high-highs but very low-lows. There was a lot of garbage sprinkled in even with the great episodes. It took 2 years to turn Nucky into a great character. It took one episode to destroy Chalky. Everything about Margaret Schroeder was ehhhh...and Gillian was a complete waste. Remember the Fimmy arc? So much wasted potential.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
shyt became buns when they killed Jimmy
So you think they should have kept a junkie on the show or recast his role ? I mean the character was good but the actor a known piece of shyt. He messing up on Hannibal also. Season 3 with Gyp was better than any season with Jimmy.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So you think they should have kept a junkie on the show or recast his role ? I mean the character was good but the actor a known piece of shyt. He messing up on Hannibal also. Season 3 with Gyp was better than any season with Jimmy.
i didnt know or even care if he a junkie in real life
shyt became buns when they killed Jimmy

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killing AR off-screen had me :rudy:

Still was a great show. It was never gonna be goat because it wasn't as impactful (quality aside)

Yeah, "killing" AR without even giving a proper mention was :camby:The actor that played AR was too good to go out like that...

The show was great, except for the last season. If the last season turned out nice, then it could be considered at least a contender for TOP 3 of all time. Too bad they fukked it all up in the last season.