Damn losing weight is the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to do in life brehs

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I'd like to add my 2cents regarding use of body weight scales

If you just have to, dont weigh yourself more than once a week at the most frequent.

Truthfully though, alot can happen in the week to obscure your results and demotivate you because the scale isnt showing you love; water intake, water retention due to exercise, not eating enough fiber causicng slower gastric emptying, etc.

I'd recommend weighing yourself one month apart that way you can not only get a better scope of your progress, but you can mentally separate yourself from the obsessing over the results.

Focus more on putting in the work week to week ; Fasting+high fiber foods+water Intake+ regular daily exercise+ and paying attention to your overall mood and energy levels.

the results will come, but you'll never get there if you allow the scale to mindfukk you and kill your drive before you can even reach a goal.

Also one other things regarding scales

Make sure your current weight isnt close to the maximum capacity of the scale because you will get wildly inconsistent readings, usually the ones that send you into a binge eating depression :mjgrin: or in some cases show numbers that are 7 - 25 lbs less than you actually weigh, giving you a false sense of progress, then you jump on a more thorough scale like the ones at the doctor's office and get Terry Tate tackled by reality and start self juelzing.

if you're currently 300 lbs to 330 lbs, you want a scale with a maximum weight capacity of 400 lbs +
If you're 250 lbs or less most scales sold in places like Target or Walmart will give you an accurate reading as it's common for majority of scales to max out at 300 or 330.

Dont be too cheap with choosing a scale either, read reviews and do research.

I can guarantee you most $15-$20 body weight scales are programmed horribly, drain batteries too quickly and just shyt in general Most of the solid to good quality scales are in the $34-$62 range roughly....again roughly and doesnt take ito account discounts and special offers and shyt.

I know some use fat calipers or whatever, but this could still help.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Maybe it's my mentality but going cold Turkey on bad habits when it's time to get optimal. Eating is half the battle and the exercise is the other. For somebody weighing 316...you need a hour and a half minimum of a gym routine that you can push yourself through and it's not on some bullshyt.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I think @Gator Reloaded used to be overweight but he lost it over time.
Yeah. Once you learn not to listen to the old doctors it is so much easier.

I lost mad weight.

Intermittent Fasting. OMAD (one meal a day). Cut out sugar and carbs. keto.

It changed my life.

the weight legit melts away.

The hardest part is staying disciplined.

are used to think I had to exercise 1 million hours a week but that’s not even the case.

I still only eat once a day. I gained back 50 during the pandemic and now I’m down 45.

i weigh in every day just so I don’t gain it back. I hold myself accountable. I ate bad today but I stopped eating at 8. And I won’t even think about food tomorrow until I’ve fasted for 20 hours. but I might even try a 48 hour fast.

Go to YouTube and look up Dr. Jason Fung.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it's my mentality but going cold Turkey on bad habits when it's time to get optimal. Eating is half the battle and the exercise is the other. For somebody weighing 316...you need a hour and a half minimum of a gym routine that you can push yourself through and it's not on some bullshyt.
Not at all. Gym isn’t even needed.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Ways that I've lost substantial weight over the last 15 years.

1.Slim fast, while eating once a day WITH moderate cardio
2.Cardio 2 hours daily, 1 hour hiit(fever pitch like pace, hard as you can, short breaks), one hour moderate (jogging like pace) while still eating 3 full meals a day, (no sweet drinks, just water)
3.Protein shakes & veggie smoothies while full body weight lifting daily (no cardio)
4.Eating (whatever I wanted to eat, MINUS SWEETS) , once a day and not exercising at all.

Choice is yours.

Your body burns around 2000 calories naturally, eating substantially less, will lose weight.
If you don't want to JUST be skinny, i strongly recommend hiit and/or weight lifting.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It isn’t needed.

He can lose weight by eating less. It’s legit 95% diet.
I hear what you saying, but it would be in dude's best interest to do both, considering how far he has to go. He's surely unhealthy and likely NEEDS some cardiovascular exercise combined with diet.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I hear what you saying, but it would be in dude's best interest to do both, considering how far he has to go. He's surely unhealthy and likely NEEDS some cardiovascular exercise combined with diet.

for sure but he needs to stop eating asap.
Gym won’t help if he keeps eating bad and let’s be real. Most people ain’t doing both.
I would say he should start with intermittent fasting and doing a 10 minute walk on his block before he does anything else.

I’m just keeping it real as a person who used to be overweight and lost a lot of weight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
for sure but he needs to stop eating asap.
Gym won’t help if he keeps eating bad and let’s be real. Most people ain’t doing both.
I would say he should start with intermittent fasting and doing a 10 minute walk on his block before he does anything else.

I’m just keeping it real as a person who used to be overweight and lost a lot of weight
I've been up and down the scales too..as an adult (21 and up) I've been a little under 200 at my lowest and as high as 265...losing weight is one thing but am I physically fit?..I've been in the gym life since I was 17 so I have certain physical baselines which determine if I'm optimal or not..I'm a proponent of IF too but I wouldn't be satisfied with my self if that's all I did for weight loss

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I've been up and down the scales too..as an adult (21 and up) I've been a little under 200 at my lowest and as high as 265...losing weight is one thing but am I physically fit?..I've been in the gym life since I was 17 so I have certain physical baselines which determine if I'm optimal or not..I'm a proponent of IF too but I wouldn't be satisfied with my self if that's all I did for weight loss
No one said “only fast”.
Once he starts seeing his weight drop he will gain motivation and then add exercise.

Overeating is how people become obese.
But I do not care to go back-and-forth about this all night but I really do wish everyone the best on their respective journeys