Damn how did Keith Lee become unlikeable so fast? Fans are going in on him after previous rant

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
We're not talking about going to McDonald's or Wendy's....places with thousands of locations and billions of dollars.

We're talking about going to restaurants with maybe 1 locations with ppl who livelihoods are on the line.

We've all been to our fav restaurant a hundred times so to speak and maybe ONE time you went, it wasn't great as usual.

What if you based your entire experience on that ONE time, and then blasted it out to millions of people, who then now decide they don't want to try your restaurant bc of one person's subjective opinion?
:mjlol:So no one should share their experiences with the food and services of non franchised restaurants.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What point are you trying to make? Are you saying people can't review non-franchised restaurants negatively because...?

What about Google/Yelp Reviews? Are people wrong for panning places on those platforms also?

Lol, no I'm not saying that. Everyone is open for review.

But let's be honest, some random person named JohnTheFoodGuy on Google reviews, doesn't hold as much weight as someone who is on a video, & been on TV seen by millions of people.

Really....you're gonna go by what some dude with a different taste pallete than you, different health whatever, different way he came up eating certain foods from you, etc....tell you if something taste properly? Who made his taste buds the be all end all? People make food all different ways depending where they are from.

So yes, FOR ME, I trust an aggregate of 1,000+ Google/Yelp reviews more than 1 influencers opinion on social media.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol, no I'm not saying that. Everyone is open for review.

But let's be honest, some random person named JohnTheFoodGuy on Google reviews, doesn't hold as much weight as someone who is on a video, & been on TV seen by millions of people.

Really....you're gonna go by what some dude with a different taste pallete than you, different health whatever, different way he came up eating certain foods from you, etc....tell you if something taste properly? Who made his taste buds the be all end all? People make food all different ways depending where they are from.

So yes, FOR ME, I trust a 1,000+ Google/Yelp reviews more than 1 influencers opinion on social media.
I don't think what anyone says is law, I mostly watch the food reviewers clips just for entertainment because it's not like they're in the same cities.

The comments for the videos they post also will tell you the sentiment for the restaurant being reviewed, quickly. It's really not that serious to me.

:yeshrug:

If a place is trash then they should be called out IMO

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
We are 100% extra with it. Cacs and others will stay on code way more than nikkaz fam.
Eh they delineate quicker than Black people… They are quick to call someone left-wing/white wing/liberal/alphabet, Jewish etc. delineate quicker than Black people… They are quick to call someone left-wing/white ring/liberal/alphabet, Jewish etc. We are quick to be embarrassed about the actions of someone that we only share skin color with. And no… I’m not on no Tariq shyt.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Then why is this nikka so popular?
Because he went viral :yeshrug:
Have you been watching him for years or something? I never heard of dude 6 months ago and I won't be watching him if his content is only cherry picking a hand full of spots from each city and hyping them up because he liked them. I need my food reviewers to be real with the pros and cons not just be sponsored ads

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
His weirdness in handling the BET awards situation was the beginning of the ":dahell: nah this nikkas weird" turnaround
Yeah, and for many ppl that was their intro to him.

Sometimes it’s best to just stay lowkey. Jordan the Stallion just does his thing and stays outta the way.

Daps
We're not talking about going to McDonald's or Wendy's....places with thousands of locations and billions of dollars.

We're talking about going to restaurants with maybe 1 locations with ppl who livelihoods are on the line.

We've all been to our fav restaurant a hundred times so to speak and maybe ONE time you went, it wasn't great as usual.

What if you based your entire experience on that ONE time, and then blasted it out to millions of people, who then now decide they don't want to try your restaurant bc of one person's subjective opinion?

Is it hating to give your opinion? No.... But if you're affecting someone's livelihood (perhaps unfairly) , they're going to label you a hater
But isnt consistency a big part of maintaining a restaurant? All it takes is one bad experience to lose a customer. As long as it’s a fair review and he paid his money he shouldnt give af about the owners tbh

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Then why is this nikka so popular?
He’s been famous on TikTok for more than two years. He started out reviewing spots in Las Vegas but always focused on promoting small family spots and hidden gems. This is the main reason he’s famous and how he grew his following. He also kept a pretty wholesome image and promoted his wife and children.

Once he started to get a following, restaurants started reaching out to him asking him to visit and give a review. Once he blew up he started doing the tour in different cities and getting mainstream attention. He tried to keep the same formula of reviewing well known spots and small hidden gems but he hasn’t seemed to find the right formula for audiences away from TikTok. But this could be because as his fame has grown beyond a niche internet space, his reviews hold much more weight. He’s tried to readjust the places he picks based on who reaches out to him and what his followers suggest. But he needs a new formula for mainstream. A publicist and some media training wouldn’t hurt either.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
But isnt consistency a big part of maintaining a restaurant? All it takes is one bad experience to lose a customer. As long as it’s a fair review and he paid his money he shouldnt give af about the owners tbh
Ok bro.

If you serve 100 customers a piece of chicken, 99 of them loved it but aren't on social media reviewing.....but 1 person said "it's too dry", and that one persons opinion has access to 20 MILLION people on social media and said you're chicken is dry...you don't see how damaging that could be?