Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

drifter

Superstar
Daps
You have a point in that some people when it comes to certain other people are just gonna talk shyt regardless. However I am not sure thar applies to Dame. If he leaves in FA years ago, I dont think he catches much flack. If he had a year left on his deal, I dont think he catches much flack. If he wasnt talking that loyalty and run from the grind silliness, I dont think he catches much flack. And come on bro, Harden has asked to be traded 3 times in 3 years and he coulda left in FA this time. I am pro player but they still gotta be accountable and realistic. You lock yourself in with a team, they have no obligation to trade you...especially to one specific spot for peanuts.
Harden worked out a deal with Morey and Morey went back on the deal, that's why Harden went to China to make diss tracks and got fined. That's why he wasn't a FA. Harden wanted his money and wanted out and got told he'd get what we wants. I'm a Nets fan so I'm familiar with the round hairy nikka

As far as Dame, it goes back to my point. He wants out bc the Blazers have repeatedly failed to build around him. Once you strip away him talking catty about everybody (he deserves blow back from this alone), loyalty freestyles, etc he wants out for the same reason every other star that wanted out with years on their deal

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Clippers gave up draft picks and shai gilgeous alexander

Miami wants to give up a 37 year old Kyle Lowry, Tyler herro and trash picks

True but Dame can't control what Miami offers. You can say Miami's refusal to do more is part of the reason it ain't done, of course he wants Miami stacked as possible when he's there, but I don't see a lot of talk about that it's mostly on Dame demanding out, which he should be doing if he's lied to. Cronin didn't move the pick like he looked in Dame's face and said he would according to Dame/Hayes, so what's the problem?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Harden worked out a deal with Morey and Morey went back on the deal, that's why Harden went to China to make diss tracks and got fined. That's why he wasn't a FA. Harden wanted his money and wanted out and got told he'd get what we wants. I'm a Nets fan so I'm familiar with the round hairy nikka

As far as Dame, it goes back to my point. He wants out bc the Blazers have repeatedly failed to build around him. Once you strip away him talking catty about everybody (he deserves blow back from this alone), loyalty freestyles, etc he wants out for the same reason every other star that wanted out with years on their deal
I still dont understand that situation. When did Morey renig? Was it before you chose to re-sign? If so, why re-sign? And lets say everything happened like James said it did, thats on him. Be better. If you were max worthy they wouldnt have hesitated to pay you. They wouldnt have even asked him to do the wink wink deal. Aint nobody asking Bron, even at this stage, or Steph, or KD to do no shyt like that.

You cant have it all :manny:. He got security and money and he trade freedom and flexibility for it. I have no defense for Portland, which is why he cant cry after repeatedly reupping with them despite all that you mentioned.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I still dont understand that situation. When did Morey renig? Was it before you chose to re-sign? If so, why re-sign? And lets say everything happened like James said it did, thats on him. Be better. If you were max worthy they wouldnt have hesitated to pay you. They wouldnt have even asked him to do the wink wink deal. Aint nobody asking Bron, even at this stage, or Steph, or KD to do no shyt like that.

You cant have it all :manny:. He got security and money and he trade freedom and flexibility for it. I have no defense for Portland, which is why he cant cry after repeatedly reupping with them despite all that you mentioned.
Harden wanted his money and to leave so he needed a trade to do it, he could've walked but Clippers are over the cap and couldn't sign him. Harden probably figured it'll work like the other two times he did it and everybody else doing it, for the team trading the star it's better to get something than nothing. Morey said he'd do it so James opted in, we don't know if he ever considered FA since he probably wouldn't get what he's getting now. We know he def wouldn't get it on the Clippers which is what he wanted.

"Be better" ain't an option if you give me your word in business. A man ain't got shyt but his word and his balls, make your balls line up with your word or we gonna have a fukking problem lol

I can admit the NBA jumped the shark a long time ago which is none of this shyt is much fun to watch when everybody's just changing teams every 2-3 years. Maybe it's payback for players abusing the system for years up to this point but these last 2 cases, nah I'm fighting back if I'm Dame/Harden. I'm blowing the season up if I'm still on the roster opening night. fukk a Coli, Reddit, X all that shyt

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Harden wanted his money and to leave so he needed a trade to do it, he could've walked but Clippers are over the cap and couldn't sign him. Harden probably figured it'll work like the other two times he did it and everybody else doing it, for the team trading the star it's better to get something than nothing. Morey said he'd do it so James opted in, we don't know if he ever considered FA since he probably wouldn't get what he's getting now. We know he def wouldn't get it on the Clippers which is what he wanted.

"Be better" ain't an option if you give me your word in business. A man ain't got shyt but his word and his balls, make your balls line up with your word or we gonna have a fukking problem lol

I can admit the NBA jumped the shark a long time ago which is none of this shyt is much fun to watch when everybody's just changing teams every 2-3 years. Maybe it's payback for players abusing the system for years up to this point but these last 2 cases, nah I'm fighting back if I'm Dame/Harden. I'm blowing the season up if I'm still on the roster opening night. fukk a Coli, Reddit, X all that shyt
It's disingenuous to say that Morey didn't keep his word when Harden didn't do it himself from the beginning by working out a side deal with Houston at the same time he did with Morey. That Houston deal blew up the moment that Ime came into the fold and Harden didn't have any other choice but to opt in to the last year of that deal as no other had the bread or the interest in his services at his asking price.

Harden is just as shady in the matter as Morey is, which is why both of them are in the situation that they're in now.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People lie in business all the time. Thats why we have contracts. I would never defend Morey but I would never trust him either. And you just said yourself, he couldn't get the money he is getting now elsewhere. So why would Philly lock him in for a max?

Dame is locked in for at least 3 years and I doubt he is passing on 60 mil in his late 30s. His only way out any time soon is playing nice and hoping for a solid and adding teams to that list.

James gotta show he is still worth it to somebody. He come out and show his ass this year and he might get Sprewelled. Its a different game when you get older.

I wouldnt sat players have abused anything. They played the game and used their leverage. Nothing wrong with that. When you get outplayed or dont have leverage it dont work out the same.

lib123

All Star
Daps
It's disingenuous to say that Morey didn't keep his word when Harden didn't do it himself from the beginning by working out a side deal with Houston at the same time he did with Morey. That Houston deal blew up the moment that Ime came into the fold and Harden didn't have any other choice but to opt in to the last year of that deal as no other had the bread or the interest in his services at his asking price.

Harden is just as shady in the matter as Morey is, which is why both of them are in the situation that they're in now.
Morey most likely hinted to Harden that he would get paid when he was still with the Nets. Hence why Harden turned down the $161M extension before the season in 2021 that the Nets offered to add on top of his $47M player option for 2022-23. That's the only logical reason why Harden turned down that extension and hence why he's so mad right now. Wosny Lambre from the Ringer NBA Show podcast went into good detail about this on yesterday's pod.

lib123

All Star
Daps
People lie in business all the time. Thats why we have contracts. I would never defend Morey but I would never trust him either. And you just said yourself, he couldn't get the money he is getting now elsewhere. So why would Philly lock him in for a max?

Dame is locked in for at least 3 years and I doubt he is passing on 60 mil in his late 30s. His only way out any time soon is playing nice and hoping for a solid and adding teams to that list.

James gotta show he is still worth it to somebody. He come out and show his ass this year and he might get Sprewelled. Its a different game when you get older.

I wouldnt sat players have abused anything. They played the game and used their leverage. Nothing wrong with that. When you get outplayed or dont have leverage it dont work out the same.
Based on what Wosny Lambre said on yesterday's Ringer NBA podcast, it's fairly common for GMs to honor their word when it comes to getting players they want who force their way via trade. What Morey did by allegedly not keeping his word isn't normal in this context.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Morey most likely hinted to Harden that he would get paid when he was still with the Nets. Hence why Harden turned down the $161M extension before the season in 2021 that the Nets offered to add on top of his $47M player option for 2022-23. That's the only logical reason why Harden turned down that extension and hence why he's so mad right now. Wosny Lambre from the Ringer NBA Show podcast went into good detail about this on yesterday's pod.
Again, which is fine but Harden complicated matters himself by creating a side deal with Houston that fell through the moment that Ime came into the fold. You can't say that Morey didn't keep his word, but have Harden's hands clean in the matter as well.

And of course teams make those type of promises as Milwaukee did it with Portis and Connaughton recently but neither one of those players broken a side deal with another team or lead the media to believe for months that's where they would go. Those Harden rumors were too rampant for there to not be an truth behind them.

As I said in another post, if Harden went to Houston then we wouldn't be having this conversation and the narrative would be completely different.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Again, which is fine but Harden complicated matters himself by creating a side deal with Houston that fell through the moment that Ime came into the fold. You can't say that Morey didn't keep his word, but have Harden's hands clean in the matter as well.

And of course teams make those type of promises as Milwaukee did it with Portis and Connaughton recently but neither one of those players broken a side deal with another team or lead the media to believe for months that's where they would go. Those Harden rumors were too rampant for there to not be an truth behind them.

As I said in another post, if Harden went to Houston then we wouldn't be having this conversation and the narrative would be completely different.
How did Harden complicate matters? His agent could've checked back in with Morey to confirm if handshake agreement was still in place and gotten a weird response. Houston seemed like a backup plan that fell through.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
How did Harden complicate matters? His agent could've checked back in with Morey to confirm if handshake agreement was still in place and gotten a weird response. Houston seemed like a backup plan that fell through.
Surely you don't believe that with all the reporting that was done about it from multiple reporters in how Harden "wanted to go home". That narrative only switched right when Udoka got hired.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Surely you don't believe that with all the reporting that was done about it from multiple reporters in how Harden "wanted to go home". That narrative only switched right when Udoka got hired.
Yeah but I’m guessing it had to do with money. Houston had the most cap space and Harden probably started getting the vibe that Sixers weren’t going to follow through without another bidder. What other logical reason would Harden have to try to drum up a market for himself.