Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
So he finally FINALLY requests a trade and it's turning into a complete and utter sh*t show, pretty much turning him into a villain :why:
I think the only reason he's considered a villain is because he won't budge off of going anywhere else. Even when Davis was bullshyttin', he at least gave a small list of teams he'd consider going to and he only had like a year on his deal left, not 4 like Dame.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
If Rich Paul was Dame's agent shyt would be final by now
Nah, we already saw this play out with Rich. He had some leverage with AD as an expiring, and he had none with Simmons locked into a multi-year deal so Morey sat on him until the right offer came along. Just like Marks sat on KD.

It doesn't matter who the player or agent is, if a trade request is made at the start/middle of a contract the team has no incentive to budge until they get what they want.

Dame's only play is to pull the Harden card and show up late to camp flabby and prove that he's serious about collecting checks to coast. I'm not sure his ego could take that though, his entire brand and persona is the opposite.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I think the only reason he's considered a villain is because he won't budge off of going anywhere else. Even when Davis was bullshyttin', he at least gave a small list of teams he'd consider going to and he only had like a year on his deal left, not 4 like Dame.

This. Breh could’ve at least put out a fake list but he and his agent went with the scorch the earth route demanding only Miami.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I know people say the Blazers should of traded the pick and one of their young guys, but what piece would they get back for the package that would make them a title contender in the West?
They could have gotten a legit all-star if they packaged the #3, Simons and maybe Shaedon Sharpe.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They could have gotten a legit all-star if they packaged the #3, Simons and maybe Shaedon Sharpe.

Maybe but at that point you’re completely mortgaging your future just to make the playoffs? Maybe if things line up perfectly make the 2nd round?

I think trading Dame is the best move for both sides, just complicated that he’s deadset on Miami when they don’t have the pieces to make a good deal for both sides

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Maybe but at that point you’re completely mortgaging your future just to make the playoffs? Maybe if things line up perfectly make the 2nd round?

I think trading Dame is the best move for both sides, just complicated that he’s deadset on Miami when they don’t have the pieces to make a good deal for both sides
I'm not that high on Sharpe like most are. Simons is okay but he doesn't make or break a championship team.

And you never know what can happen in the playoffs.