Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
He'd likely just request another trade though. Teams don't want to keep players (let alone superstar players) who don't want to be there.

Now knowing Dame, he'd probably wait until the last year of the contract to request another trade after throwing subliminals for 3 years. So maybe it's a risk a team will be willing to take

Another team has even less reason to send him where he wants though, especially after giving up whatever to get him. Even if he waited until the last year of his deal to request another trade, that's 4 years from now when he'd be 36 years old & making $63m (since I really doubt he turns down that player option), the options aren't really there for him to try & force his way here.

Dame doesn't have any leverage to force anything in this situation with that contract. Miami doesn't have a package worth much to Portland. If the Blazers draw the line in the sand there isn't really anything Dame can do but post teenage girl level social media posts.

There's probably a 99% chance he ends up traded to Miami though :manny:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Miami doesn't make any sense for Portland as a trade partner. They already have Scoot and Sharpe at the guard positions, plus Simons if they keep him, so Herro as the centerpiece should be a non-starter in conversations. Can't they only offer two firsts as well?

Minnesota, Boston and Toronto would all be interesting trade partners.

Minny could just offer a straight swap of KAT for Lillard.

If Brown doesn't take Boston's extension, Him and White (for salary purposes) for Dame makes sense. It probably makes sense even if Brown wants to stay.

Toronto could offer a bunch of picks plus OG and Barnes. They're treadmill status right now and this would give them a major shot in the arm.
I think KAT for Lillard could make some sense but that would be speeding up their timeline so much
Which you could argue they already did when they made the Gobert trade :scusthov:
Dame & Ant would be arguably the best backcourt in the NBA

From the Portland side they fukked themselves so bad with that horrible Grant deal. What a terrible, useless deal that was. I would say it would be a good deal for them too if not for horribly overpaying Grant

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think KAT for Lillard could make some sense but that would be speeding up their timeline so much
Which you could argue they already did when they made the Gobert trade :scusthov:

From the Portland side they fukked themselves so bad with that horrible Grant deal. What a terrible, useless deal that was. I would say it would be a good deal for them too if not for horribly overpaying Grant
Yeah, Minny forced their own hand. They'd have the athletes around Dame to compensate for his defense as well. I'd be on the phone with Portland right now offering it if I was them.

Portland would get a player in his prime still under contract for a long time. Would be an easy sell to the fanbase and team.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

What makes that Grant contract even worse is that the teams that could use his services don't meet his expectations in how he wants to be used.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does Tatum know something more about the Jaylen situation?

Maybe, but technically there is a path where the Celtics could trade for Dame without giving up any of Tatum, Brown or Porzingis

Would have to be like Brogdon, Time Lord, S&T Grant plus a boatload of picks

Now obviously that’s not a good package for a star and another team could easily surpass it if they wanted to but technically they could

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe, but technically there is a path where the Celtics could trade for Dame without giving up any of Tatum, Brown or Porzingis

Now obviously that’s not a good package for a star and another team could easily surpass it if they wanted to but technically they could
:picard:

and they said super team era was over:pachaha:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

They would be in the dreaded second apron though right?