Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Dame stans doing damage control talking about the Blazers failing him by not getting a superstar for the #3 pick :dead:

Who exactly were they gettting that was turning them into contenders by coming off Scoot?

Please don't say PG :pachaha:
You're right there was nothing they could've traded that pick and Simons for that has them beat Nuggets and now Suns

So tell him that and ship his ass out before you hand 150 m's to Jerami Grant and throw your hands up like you did all you can :heh:

If true, and it's Haynes so it's coming from Dame, Blazers GM should've been upfront and told him we're keeping this pick and we know where you wanna go but it has to make sense for us too

That didn't happen, he kept the pick and ran the clock out on Dame. Now he wants to boss up in public when he told Dame in private we're playing by your rules. If that's how Blazers wanna handle it I don't have a problem with Dame defending himself through Haynes if true

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I think Kawhi's the only star/superstar in recent times that was traded to somewhere different than where they wanted to be, right?

2 more

Paul George wanted a trade to the lakers(even Toronto if you want to believe reports). Traded to OKC, then clippers

Kawhi wanted a trade to LA. Traded to Toronto

Kyrie Irving wanted a trade from Cleveland, to either Minnesota, phoenix, Miami( I think), and San Antonio. Got traded to Boston

And correct me if I'm wrong.. not sure about this one.. but I think DeMar wanted to the spurs to trade him to LA, but the lakers chose Russell Westbrook instead, so he was dealt to Chicago

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dame got like 3 or 4 years on his deal & is closer to the end than the beginning or even middle. Unless he just straight up retires there ain't much he can do here :heh:
He'd likely just request another trade though. Teams don't want to keep players (let alone superstar players) who don't want to be there.

Now knowing Dame, he'd probably wait until the last year of the contract to request another trade after throwing subliminals for 3 years. So maybe it's a risk a team will be willing to take

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if he gets traded to New Orleans for example does he plan on retiring? Or refusing to report?

He got four years on his deal

How many draft picks and players are you willing to give up to find out? :lupe:

Daps
Reading these comments... some of y'all gonna be absolutely furious when Dame's on the Heat with Bam and Jimmy next to him within the next 2 weeks :pachaha: I remember the Nets brehs CONVINCED beyond all doubt "Tsai and Marks not gonna cave like they did with Harden, KD ain't moving for anything but the BEST offer, Phoenix and Matt Ishbia can kick rocks :birdman:"... guess where KD ended up in the end... :mjgrin: Even the players that did get traded somewhere entirely not where they wanted to end up like Kawhi and PG.... not even 11 months later they're in LA like they always planned lol. "B-b-b-bu HOW could Kawhi not want to re-sign????? He won a ring here, he can win 2 more, of course he'll stay in Toronto, that guy with the restaurant promised him free food for LYFE!!! :mjcry::mjcry:".

Sorry brehs, take it from someone with experience with franchise superstars asking out from their small market team: what super max players like Dame want in situations like this... they will almost ALWAYS get. NTCs or not, years left on the contract be damned. That's how the game is played between NBA front offices and the agencies they need to stay in good graces with. :manny: