Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
The thing is, even if Miami's offer isn't the best, him wanting to go there will limit what other teams are willing to give up for him. People talk about Kawhi to Toronto, but the Raptors put limits on who they were willing to give up. San Antonio wanted OG and/or Siakam, but there was no way Toronto was going to give those guys up. They gave up who they felt was expendable (DeRozan, Poeltl) so that if Kawhi didn't stay they'd still be in a good position.

If Portland can get a limited deal that's still better than what Miami can offer, I don't blame them for taking it. But if all things are considered equal, I would think they'd send him to the Heat unless they're just trying to be spiteful :manny:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
The thing is, even if Miami's offer isn't the best, him wanting to go there will limit what other teams are willing to give up for him. People talk about Kawhi to Toronto, but the Raptors put limits on who they were willing to give up. San Antonio wanted OG and/or Siakam, but there was no way Toronto was going to give those guys up. They gave up who they felt was expendable (DeRozan, Poeltl) so that if Kawhi didn't stay they'd still be in a good position.

If Portland can get a limited deal that's still better than what Miami can offer, I don't blame them for taking it. But if all things are considered equal, I would think they'd send him to the Heat unless they're just trying to be spiteful :manny:
After that Grant contract, draft picks would be better than anything the Heat would give them.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Great point.

I think at this stage its pretty obvious Lillard will be in Miami by the end of the week

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Reading these comments... some of y'all gonna be absolutely furious when Dame's on the Heat with Bam and Jimmy next to him within the next 2 weeks :pachaha: I remember the Nets brehs CONVINCED beyond all doubt "Tsai and Marks not gonna cave like they did with Harden, KD ain't moving for anything but the BEST offer, Phoenix and Matt Ishbia can kick rocks :birdman:"... guess where KD ended up in the end... :mjgrin: Even the players that did get traded somewhere entirely not where they wanted to end up like Kawhi and PG.... not even 11 months later they're in LA like they always planned lol. "B-b-b-bu HOW could Kawhi not want to re-sign????? He won a ring here, he can win 2 more, of course he'll stay in Toronto, that guy with the restaurant promised him free food for LYFE!!! :mjcry::mjcry:".

Sorry brehs, take it from someone with experience with franchise superstars asking out from their small market team: what super max players like Dame want in situations like this... they will almost ALWAYS get. NTCs or not, years left on the contract be damned. That's how the game is played between NBA front offices and the agencies they need to stay in good graces with. :manny:
I don't remember Nets fans saying any of what you just wrote. Matter of fact I know we didn't lol, not on here. And they did get the best offer back. Not even counting the future all star and 3 & D wing playing now, a kid born today will be 6 in 2029. They would've ripped a p*ssy to shreds coming out and gone to the 2nd grade and Phoenix will still owe the Nets picks :mjlol:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

It’s not the same tho, kawhi was heading into free agency

Lillard still has years on his contract

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
He forcing his way to Miami

I am glad he finally grew some nuts :steviej:

I just want to see this dude play meaningful basketball and not be a hoe :hubie:

At this point Dame just wants to have Versace photo shoots and watch baddies from his balcony as he sips Lobos :mjgrin: I never seen a player want to go to Miami so bad

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
They can’t unless there is a way to a way to get Grant to agree to a sign and trade before the contract is official on the 6th. Once the contract is official, he can’t be traded until December.
a S&T would hard cap miami and wouldn’t give Portland any value back unless they want to take on even more salary

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Miami doesn't make any sense for Portland as a trade partner. They already have Scoot and Sharpe at the guard positions, plus Simons if they keep him, so Herro as the centerpiece should be a non-starter in conversations. Can't they only offer two firsts as well?

Minnesota, Boston and Toronto would all be interesting trade partners.

Minny could just offer a straight swap of KAT for Lillard.

If Brown doesn't take Boston's extension, Him and White (for salary purposes) for Dame makes sense. It probably makes sense even if Brown wants to stay.

Toronto could offer a bunch of picks plus OG and Barnes. They're treadmill status right now and this would give them a major shot in the arm.