Dame Dash fukked up Paid In Full by not telling the real story

jackson35

Banned
Daps
The thread about this video was moved to TLR for some odd reason lol.

This is the real question. How is Alpo roaming around NYC cracking jokes, eating pancakes, and looking healthier than everyone who supposedly said he couldn't come back?
because in the real world,he is insignificant, dealing with him the righteous way for the dirt he spead in the hood would only make him a hero. alpo is not nor will he ever be a hero.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
because in the real world,he is insignificant, dealing with him the righteous way for the dirt he spead in the hood would only make him a hero. alpo is not nor will he ever be a hero.

Truth be told, most people that do dirt snitch. Mobsters and people in the mob were informants and snitched on rivals for the right to keep earning. nikkas in the hood would snitch on dirty cops or other rivals.

At the end of the day nobody is trying to do decades all in the name of not snitching. Alpo had too much dirt on him so he was going at least 25 years regardless. 25 years is a lifetime to some people. All that street shyt goes out the window. Code don't mean shyt. It's every man for himself.

You're dealing with criminals so why would you trust them thay much in the first place :mindblown: if a man is willing to kill why wouldn't they snitch.

My uncle told me when I was 10 years old.. "you never trust people who are willing to take another person's life" because when you doing dirt with someone you're essentially putting your life (in the form of freedom) in their hands.

AZ realized that and got the fukk out.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Truth be told, most people that do dirt snitch. Mobsters and people in the mob were informants and snitched on rivals for the right to keep earning. nikkas in the hood would snitch on dirty cops or other rivals.

At the end of the day nobody is trying to do decades all in the name of not snitching. Alpo had too much dirt on him so he was going at least 25 years regardless. 25 years is a lifetime to some people. All that street shyt goes out the window. Code don't mean shyt. It's every man for himself.

You're dealing with criminals so why would you trust them thay much in the first place :mindblown: if a man is willing to kill why wouldn't they snitch.

My uncle told me when I was 10 years old.. "you never trust people who are willing to take another person's life" because when you doing dirt with someone you're essentially putting your life (in the form of freedom) in their hands.

AZ realized that and got the fukk out.
of course he got the fukk out,.. alpo was a opportunist and a capitalist. when shyt get thick, dude like him are always looking for the exit

Benefited

Banned
Daps
thing is the way shyt really went down won't translate well into movies. Alpo just killed muthafukkas. movies always need a confrontation, usually with someone saying in so many words why they want to kill the other person. Alpo would act like everything was cool, and just have someone else shoot them in the back of the head

which is some real shyt, cause you wouldn't want the victim to know what's coming. but nevertheless that doesn't provide the type of closure a movie/story needs

If it doesn't translate well,maybe that person doesn't need a movie. And no offense but we have really seen enough movies based on east coast based drug kingpins. I am ready to see movies based on cats from other areas culturally speaking. It's why I am really enjoying the FX series Snowfall and hope it comes back to t.v. But there are still some east coast cats who would have an interesting story.

The movie I want to see is one based on Felix Mitchell. Many people don't know that New Jack City is partially based on Felix Mitchell. A movie about him could involve Frank Ward who the movie The Mack is somewhat based off of. Frank Ward and his brothers were the kings of Oakland,and the production crew of the Mack was under his protection. But the Black Panthers wasn't having it and tried to tax the people filming the movie,they wrote Huey a bad check:comeon:. So Panthers came to the set and threw bottles down on them as they were filming. Right after filming Frank Ward was shot in his Rolls Royce with his bottom bytch over what they say was a dispute with the Black Panthers leadership. I don't know if that is true or not,after the funeral his brother ran to New Orleans and wasn't seen again. Felix Mitchell came up after that,it was the Black Panthers on the decline,but Huey still demanded that tax:wow:. Felix Mitchell took over for a decade and did it bigger than the Ward Brothers,the "Felix Mitchell" effect was obviously named after him. Where crime gets worst because you don't have anbody at the top in control. Cops thought cutting off the head would stop everything.

I like the California based movies like this one and Rick Ross because it also involves political ramifications.Our movies shouldn't be romanticized,and it should be known that the government had a big hand in pushing drugs in our community. Plus it also shows the resistance and at least extortion by the black panthers early on,instead of just a bunch of black kingpins fighting for territory.

Black Panthers need a movie done right as well,multiple figures and chapters in that organization could have a movie. You Have Huey P Newton and Bobby Seale of course(we need a remake). You have Eldridge Cleaver who wrote Soul On Ice,convict who became a Panther,and overall weirdo and sellout,but brilliant. You have Fred Hampton as well.

I hope being from Oakland that Ryan Coogler goes on to touch on alot of these stories,he could practically have his own Marvel Universe based on Oaklands history and connections:wow:

Big Meech too,but its probably too soon.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
If it doesn't translate well,maybe that person doesn't need a movie. And no offense but we have really seen enough movies based on east coast based drug kingpins. I am ready to see movies based on cats from other areas culturally speaking. It's why I am really enjoying the FX series Snowfall and hope it comes back to t.v. But there are still some east coast cats who would have an interesting story.

The movie I want to see is one based on Felix Mitchell. Many people don't know that New Jack City is partially based on Felix Mitchell. A movie about him could involve Frank Ward who the movie The Mack is somewhat based off of. Frank Ward and his brothers were the kings of Oakland,and the production crew of the Mack was under his protection. But the Black Panthers wasn't having it and tried to tax the people filming the movie,they wrote Huey a bad check:comeon:. So Panthers came to the set and threw bottles down on them as they were filming. Right after filming Frank Ward was shot in his Rolls Royce with his bottom bytch over what they say was a dispute with the Black Panthers leadership. I don't know if that is true or not,after the funeral his brother ran to New Orleans and wasn't seen again. Felix Mitchell came up after that,it was the Black Panthers on the decline,but Huey still demanded that tax:wow:. Felix Mitchell took over for a decade and did it bigger than the Ward Brothers,the "Felix Mitchell" effect was obviously named after him. Where crime gets worst because you don't have anbody at the top in control. Cops thought cutting off the head would stop everything.

I like the California based movies like this one and Rick Ross because it also involves political ramifications.Our movies shouldn't be romanticized,and it should be known that the government had a big hand in pushing drugs in our community. Plus it also shows the resistance and at least extortion by the black panthers early on,instead of just a bunch of black kingpins fighting for territory.

Black Panthers need a movie done right as well,multiple figures and chapters in that organization could have a movie. You Have Huey P Newton and Bobby Seale of course(we need a remake). You have Eldridge Cleaver who wrote Soul On Ice,convict who became a Panther,and overall weirdo and sellout,but brilliant. You have Fred Hampton as well.

I hope being from Oakland that Ryan Coogler goes on to touch on alot of these stories,he could practically have his own Marvel Universe based on Oaklands history and connections:wow:

Big Meech too,but its probably too soon.
elriidge cleaver was a revolutionary, while a lot of the panther wanted to be social workers with guns

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Facts.

Also, OP....I'm trying to understand your premise, dawggie. Are you saying that, as criminals, the "Paid In Full" cats were portrayed with "less integrity" than how Italians mobsters are depicted? Cause in "Goodfellas", Jimmy was a lying snake ass snake, Henry was a way bigger snitch than Ace could ever be, and Tommy was a damn psychopath/liar/snake/nutjob :heh:. In Sopranos, Tony cheated on his wife (hell, so did Henry), like, these men are hardly portrayed in the type of romantic light that would seem to differentiate their forms of crime from that of Nino Brown or Ox.

Help me out, breh....

I think he's trying to say that their story is always told in a more elegant narrative than in modern black gangster flicks. And I agree to an extent, some times hood flicks get too realistic, or too fast and gritty, instead of building it up. New Jack City is a classic, but by about 1/2way through the movie, no one likes Nino. G Money was likeable, but it didn't stick with him long enough.

Paid In full was soooooooo close, you have charismatic Cam as Rico, a scene stealer, cool Mitch, and laid-back Ace but there aren't enough scenes of the 3 of them just vibing.

Godfather has a mystic to it. The best way to describe Goodfellas is the Jimmy intro. That sets the tone and stays throughout the entire movie. That way Henry speaks of Jimmy, brings that romanticism that is missed from hood gangster flicks.

The Wire, and Sopranos pretty much did it the same....Power is in that realm, but there aren't enough likeable characters, but those are TV shows.

However, Goodfellas and Godfather also have the benefit of being adaptation of books.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
elriidge cleaver was a revolutionary, while a lot of the panther wanted to be social workers with guns

Eldridge Cleaver was a rapist of black women,hater of black women.Was a god damn c00n and a con,who loved white women to the core.

Went on to support Ronald Regan and becoming a conservative republican,becoming a fake christian,jumping from religion to religion and becoming a crack addict,once demanding City Council people say the pledge of allegiance before meetings. The man was probably mentally insane and should have never been allowed in the panthers at all.

Social workers with guns as you put it>>>>Eldridge Cleaver

Can't deny the mans writing ability but thats where it stops:martin:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I think he's trying to say that their story is always told in a more elegant narrative than in modern black gangster flicks. And I agree to an extent, some times hood flicks get too realistic, or too fast and gritty, instead of building it up. New Jack City is a classic, but by about 1/2way through the movie, no one likes Nino. G Money was likeable, but it didn't stick with him long enough.

Paid In full was soooooooo close, you have charismatic Cam as Rico, a scene stealer, cool Mitch, and laid-back Ace but there aren't enough scenes of the 3 of them just vibing.

Godfather has a mystic to it. The best way to describe Goodfellas is the Jimmy intro. That sets the tone and stays throughout the entire movie. That way Henry speaks of Jimmy, brings that romanticism that is missed from hood gangster flicks.

The Wire, and Sopranos pretty much did it the same....Power is in that realm, but there aren't enough likeable characters, but those are TV shows.

However, Goodfellas and Godfather also have the benefit of being adaptation of books.

thats only because the italian mob is romanticized in reality,while black drug dealers are not. I actually loved the fact this movie didn't have nikkas trying to be Italians,like American Gangster was trying to show Frank Lucas as a black man who did it on the same level as Italians. I don't want to see blacks doing impressions of Italian Gangsta movies.I will say our movies for the most part lack heart outside of Paid in Full,which is why its so great. They did a great job making you care about and like the characters for different reasons,great writing. Its why the Wire is so loved and still argued about til this day. I think if Snowfall keeps it up,thats why it will be a great series on the same level as The Wire.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Eldridge Cleaver was a rapist of black women,hater of black women.Was a god damn c00n and a con,who loved white women to the core.

Went on to support Ronald Regan and becoming a conservative republican,becoming a fake christian,jumping from religion to religion and becoming a crack addict,once demanding City Council people say the pledge of allegiance before meetings. The man was probably mentally insane and should have never been allowed in the panthers at all.

Social workers with guns as you put it>>>>Eldridge Cleaver

Can't deny the mans writing ability but thats where it stops:martin:
brother cleaver was all of that, it is true, but the community knew that already and we were willing to give brothers a second chance to redeem himself, which he did with these course of action= 1 his contribution to the black panther party newspaper and bringing in Emory Douglas 2 spearheading the free huey movement and seeing to it that he dosent get the chair for killing a pig for brutalizing him. 3 bringing in serious foot warriors like afeni shakur, bunchy carter, gerenomo pratt, Katleen Cleaver. his mistake should not overshadows his contribution to the movement