Dame Dash fukked up Paid In Full by not telling the real story

Benefited

Banned
Daps
brother cleaver was all of that, it is true, but the community knew that already and we were willing to give brothers a second chance to redeem himself, which he did with these course of action= 1 his contribution to the black panther party newspaper and bringing in Emory Douglas 2 spearheading the free huey movement and seeing to it that he dosent get the chair for killing a pig for brutalizing him. 3 bringing in serious foot warriors like afeni shakur, bunchy carter, gerenomo pratt, Katleen Cleaver. his mistake should not overshadows his contribution to the movement

you mean his mistakes.

They overshadow his contributions for me,due to lack of authenticity. I feel the man was just moving around playing different characters on some "Catch Me If You Can" shyt.

I made a thread based on this topic,you did have a intelligent response which I did not expect,I thought you may be trolling. So props for that,but most agree with me:sas1:

We are clear that Eldridge Cleaver was a bedbuck,rapist of black women and a republican right?

jackson35

Banned
Daps
you mean his mistakes.

They overshadow his contributions for me,due to lack of authenticity. I feel the man was just moving around playing different characters on some "Catch Me If You Can" shyt.

I made a thread based on this topic,you did have a intelligent response which I did not expect,I thought you may be trolling. So props for that,but most agree with me:sas1:

We are clear that Eldridge Cleaver was a bedbuck,rapist of black women and a republican right?
there nothing wrong with coli members agreeing with you, the problem with the community is we like to act brand new in our own hood and pretend that black men don''t have a past. it's okay for white males or asian male or other groups to prosper in our society with the same mentality or same background, but let it be a black man and now we lose respect for him in spite of the fact he made a valuable contribution to the black power movement

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
If it doesn't translate well,maybe that person doesn't need a movie.
it's gonna be a problem with a lot of these dudes, because you basically have to rationalize the actions of a straight up sociopath

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
The most interesting stories from the 80s don't have movies on them.

Azie and Rich and them were teenagers, and they made money but they weren't making money like Preme and Fat Cat. Not even close. Those guys need full movies. I'm actually shocked Fat Cat doesn't have a movie on him yet, simply because of the Cop Killing thing was such a huge moment in the 80s. And Pappy Mason is such a complex character.

Larry Davis needs his own movie too. And someone to tell the full real story so nikkas can see how crooked police are.
I agree with this 100%. But Hollywood would never green light this for one, it involved one of the most notorious cop killings in US, let alone NYC history. And two, Supreme Team were EXTREMELY demonic (yes I did use that term). I can’t see any director willing to put the f*cked up stuff that Supreme, Pappy, and Fat Cat did on celluloid. Especially this day and age.

Last edited:

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Sugar Hill is a criminally underrated film and ahead of its time. My personal opinion on why it didn’t do as well as it should was that most fans of black cinema wanted another “Boyz....” or “Menace...” film in the 90s. There was appreciation for a movie that had a cool, calm, and calculated gangster and wasn’t excessively violent. Another reason I believe could be that Wesley was established as an action hero and a majority of movie goers weren’t willing to see a film that seemed like a less intense New Jack City

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with this 100%. But Hollywood would never green light this for one, it involved one of the most notorious cop killings in US, let alone NYC history. And two, Supreme Team were EXTREMELY demonic (yes I did use that term). I can’t see any director willing to put the f*cked up stuff that Supreme, Pappy, and Fat Cat did on celluloid. Especially this day and age.

Irv said he plans to do one.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Season 1 (1985 to 1987)
•Jimmy Henchman's rise
•The Real 50 Cent's Rise
•Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin Creating Def Jam
• Supreme Team/Fat Cat/Pappy Mason Rise
• LA's reign in Harlem, with Rich Porter as his protege
• The Nation Of Gods and Earths
•Puerto Rican Hustlers in The Bronx
•Mike Tyson and Cus D'Amato
•KRS One, Chris Lighty, Violator Crew

Season 2 (1987 to 1989)
• Jimmy Henchman out of jail
• Kendu, Ra'son Domencio, Puerto Rican Jesus, Tut, Lou Hobbs adventures
•50 Cent's death
•Def Jam prospering with all their artists. Hustlers/gangsters in their street teams
•Prince taking over The Supreme Team
•Pappy Mason ordering death of Ed Byrne
•Rich Porter becoming his own man. Alpo and AZ also.
•Mike Tyson becoming a heavyweight champ
•Tommy Mickens legitimizing his drug money
• Karlton Hines becoming one of the best ball players in NYC
• Eric B & Rakim & The Paid In Full Posse
•Boy George in The Bronx

Season 3 (1990 to 1992)
•Alpo partnering up with Wayne Perry in DC
•Def Jam
•Jimmy Henchmen getting in the music industry
•Lo-Lives in Brownsville, BK
•Diddy from NY to DC
•Jay-Z, Calvin Klein, DeHaven, Jaz-O
•Peter Shue/Miguel Navarro becoming the biggest party promoters in New York City
• Karlton Hines turning from Basketball to the Streets
• Mike Tyson's fall/Prison
• Farris and Lou Simms in Harlem

Season 4 (1993 to 1994)
• Tupac's era in Queens with Stretch, Majesty, E Moneybags
•Tupac meeting Jimmy Henchman + Haitian Jack
•Peter Shue meeting Madonna
•Karlton Hines vs Pistol Pete
• Biggie, Lil Cease, C-Gutta, D-Roc, Junior Mafia
•Jay-Z and Emory in Maryland
•Pac + Biggie
• Diddy + Suge
• Dame Dash + Biggs + The Best Out Crew
•Nas, Jungle, Queensbridge, Illmatic Buzz

Season 5 (1995 to 1996)
•Pac in prison
•Diddy & Wolf vs Suge & Big Jake
•Mike Tyson's release from Prison
•Biggie, Diddy, Bad Boy, Lil Kim, Junior Mafia
•Dame and Biggs partnering up with Jay-Z
•The death of Miguel Navarro
• Supreme's release from Prison, partnering up with Irv Gotti
•Jam Master Jay discovering 50 Cent

Season 6 (1998 to 2000)
•50 Cent Vs Ja Rule (Supreme, Irv Gotti)
•E Moneybags and Troy Singleton vs Supreme and Irv Gotti
•Mase vs Baby Maine
• Shyne, Diddy, Wolf
• Jimmy Henchman coming out of jail, managing Mike Tyson
• Def Jam resurgence w/ DMX, Jay-Z and Ja Rule courtesy of Irv Gotti

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I watched this movie last night after not seeing it in a few years. As much as people give Cam props on his performance, Mekhi Pfeifer’s performance was profoundly excellent. It’s clear to me how much he studied the style and mannerisms of a 80s hustler. From the way he walked, his braggadocios style and his mannerisms. Anybody that was around hustlers during that time period recognizes that. It’s something I never seen mentioned much but it should be.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
The most interesting stories from the 80s don't have movies on them.

Azie and Rich and them were teenagers, and they made money but they weren't making money like Preme and Fat Cat. Not even close. Those guys need full movies. I'm actually shocked Fat Cat doesn't have a movie on him yet, simply because of the Cop Killing thing was such a huge moment in the 80s. And Pappy Mason is such a complex character.

Larry Davis needs his own movie too. And someone to tell the full real story so nikkas can see how crooked police are.
Outside of New York these dudes weren’t major