Dak Prescott Says Being Biracial Has Helped Him Lead The Cowboys

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
I'ma need some context for this interview tho.

Cuz the media... :mjpls:

I don't know. Dak my nikka, I hate it had to be him... :patrice:

I ain't usually with the fake outrage when something controversial is said but this one got me feeling some type of way if true. :hhh:
Same here breh. I don't usually feed into the fake outrage either but reading that line about his family had me like :picard::wtf::scusthov:. Like really? The first thing you think about on your white side is how nice things were and how they had it together and than when you think about your black side all you think about was how they were in jail? He lost a fan cuz of this :camby:

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
Why even say this:what:
Same reason he said this:

“And then I can go over and talk to Dez Bryant. I mean, think about the two different standpoints you need to have a real conversation with both, to really understand what they’ve been through. I don’t think many can do it. For me, it’s not hard. I’m blessed because it’s natural.”
He's arrogant and suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. He thinks he's offering some insightful analysis when he's really just revealing his own prejudices.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Same reason he said this:

He's arrogant and suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. He thinks he's offering some insightful analysis when he's really just revealing his own prejudices.
Seriously, what does having black family members who have been to jail have to do with you relating to your black multi-millionaire coworkers.

I imagine Dak attempting to smooth over issues between Dez and his white teammates by saying some c00n shyt like, "You know how they are. He grew up in a family of crackheads and criminals. Just ignore it, Dez doesn't know any better. "

:mjpls:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Dak was just keepin it real

There's nothing real about throwing your family under the bus on national news. Drake did this himself on SNL and it was dumb as well. In this shythole of a country perception is reality, the last thing a Black/biracial kid should be doing is giving off the perception that his black family members are for the most part Jail ridden.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I wondered if he was biracial, I didn't know before this article but it isn't a shock to find out that he is.

These guys need to be told to just speak on football and THAT IS ALL. Don't speak on politics, don't speak on race, your job is to play football and that is it. We have people who get paid to speak on race and politics.
i wish more athletes took the Marshawn route and said as little as possible to the media

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're a black cowboy fan and acknowledge this bullshyt then you're just as embarrassing as Prescott. I was rotting for the brother as a fellow mixed breh but I hope Airin sends this fakkit back to the bench and Romo takes his spot forever.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dak spoke on HIS experiences and why he feels that he can connect with all of his teammates who come from different backgrounds :yeshrug:... That doesn't make him a c00n in my book maybe he just not "woke" enough to word it differently. I'll see how he speaks on social issues regarding us before I'll give him the c00n tag

full

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
black people getting riled up over nothing

he's talking about how HE grew up and many black people have grown up the same way. Jail is a common in most black families, just look at the stats...white people can go a lifetime without knowing anyone in their family doing hardtime. And it's not a race thing it more about classism - poverty breeds certain behavior

Dothan,AL PD PLANTED GUNS & DRUGS on Blacks; DA CoverUp—POLICE CONFIRM DOCS REAL; Local News Reports

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There's nothing real about throwing your family under the bus on national news. Drake did this himself on SNL and it was dumb as well. In this shythole of a country perception is reality, the last thing a Black/biracial kid should be doing is giving off the perception that his black family members are for the most part Jail ridden.

what if that side of his family was screwed up tho?

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What family has EVERYONE fukked up? That's low key (and high key) racist cac shyt to extrapolate a couple to mean all when it comes to black

Cousin of mine when growing up had nothing but a jug of water in the refrigerator and his mom and dad had crack parties every weekend....their are plenty of familes like that..Not everyone came up like the huxtables like you bruh.