Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Bro we've been picking high on D since Mo Clairborne. We suck ass at it. And our FO isn't going anywhere. We needed a fire ass D coordinator or defensive minded head coach to mold all the talent we have on that side. Jerry should have stepped in but I understand why he didn't.
My guy we have drafted defensive players four times with a top 15 pick since 2000.
  • Roy Williams (pick #8) while starting 16 games for 5 years straight, while being 1st Team All-Pro his second year in the league. (19 INTs + 9 Forced Fumbles)
  • Terrence Newman (pick #5) while starting 16 games for 6 of 9 seasons with the Cowboys while getting 20 INTs during those 6 healthy seasons. (32 total INTs with Dallas)
  • DeMarcus Ware (pick #11) while starting 16 games for 7 of 9 seasons, while being 1st Team All-Pro four times. (Should be 1st ballot HOF)
  • Mo Claiborne (pick #6) :scust:

That's a 75% hit rate on productive day 1 starters when selecting a top 15 defensive player. My point is we should trust this team drafting defensive talent with a top pick, well at least trust them 75% of the time.
:troll:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
“He has texted me that he would like to come back,” team vice president Stephen Jones said Thursday. “We have nothing but great respect for Dez and what he accomplished here. Certainly, as we look forward into the future we look at all opportunities and all potential players that could maybe help us out.”

It's happening...:lolbron:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
so, Chargers should get rid of Rivers for Dak? Same player but a younger version.

Chargers better off drafting than giving Dak a bunch of money. Y'all would kill a franchise as GM's..lol

j/k But naw, Chargers shouldnt bite.

Dak is a unrestricted free agent, so they can't trade him.

All they can do is sign him to a long term deal or franchise him.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Dak is a unrestricted free agent, so they can't trade him.

All they can do is sign him to a long term deal or franchise him.

yeah thats true.. I think he was saying under the tag trade.

Anyway, Dak is only appealing to Dallas. Nobody is beating the door down for Dak.

You havent heard no press for any team re: Dak. You have for Brady.

But Dak, Marriota, etc.. these nyggas aint getting no burn

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
yeah thats true.. I think he was saying under the tag trade.

Anyway, Dak is only appealing to Dallas. Nobody is beating the door down for Dak.

You havent heard no press for any team re: Dak. You have for Brady.

But Dak, Marriota, etc.. these nyggas aint getting no burn

I would take Marriotta in a heart beat. Dallas has too many free agents, and not enough premium draft picks to think they can stitch together a contender next year.

Dak had his shot to prove they can be frugal and he blew it.

They about to lose Robert Quinn. :snoop: The "war daddy" Jones was looking for.

Dallas thought they were a super bowl contender last year when they wasn't. If they was, Dak would've been resigned. They could've traded away some of Smith or Martin for premium draft picks out premium players with cap friendly deals.

They could've let Zeke simply hold out. They did a lot of bullshyt and nothing to show for it. I say the window for this core is closed.