Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
lol... I said I wouldnt mind

meaning... I like Dak a lot. I dont wanna pay him a high 37-38 million per. low 30-32 mil? ok cool.. its market. Thing is, if we franchise him and Mahone goes on to get 40 plus a year, that fuhks the market up even more.

So yeah, Brady and drafting another QB is fine with me
So in this situation we're rebuilding?:jbhmm:

Or you think McCarthy + Brady + Our sometimesy ass defense competes for a SB in the next 2 years?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Bro we've been picking high on D since Mo Clairborne. We suck ass at it. And our FO isn't going anywhere. We needed a fire ass D coordinator or defensive minded head coach to mold all the talent we have on that side. Jerry should have stepped in but I understand why he didn't.

That's cool BUT...plan B right now is COOPER RUSH my nikka:mjtf:

Unless you're bringing in Mariota or some other flameout QB whose worse than Dak:unimpressed:

Jerry said "if you want this money then put up numbers" and he put up numbers:manny:

The refs fukked him out of a win vs NYJ on a bullshyt OPI call which would have put his team in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years.

I'd be pissed too if my boss said "yeah you did what I asked but now do it again:troll:"
Fools’ gold

His stats outside of the NFC East:
246/395
62% completion
3164 yds
8 ypa
15 TDs
8 Ints
91 qb rating

ASS. And those numbers include games against the Lions and Dolphins

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
:russ::russ::russ: and that trade was the reason they had to give Kirk Cousins 84 million dollars:dead:

If Dak was worth a 1st and a 3rd we'd just give him 35/yr:dead:

And no.

You're taking for granted that Dak is 27 and built like a brick house (no homo). He regularly gets rocked and gets back up every time.

How many seasons did you watch end the moment Romo got hurt:stopitslime:

And you want Tom Brady's 40-whatever year old knees back there ducking Fletcher Cox, Chase Young (as a Giant), and Josh Allen??? Come on bro
:russ::russ::russ: and that trade was the reason they had to give Kirk Cousins 84 million dollars:dead:

If Dak was worth a 1st and a 3rd we'd just give him 35/yr:dead:

And no.

You're taking for granted that Dak is 27 and built like a brick house (no homo). He regularly gets rocked and gets back up every time.

How many seasons did you watch end the moment Romo got hurt:stopitslime:

And you want Tom Brady's 40-whatever year old knees back there ducking Fletcher Cox, Chase Young (as a Giant), and Josh Allen??? Come on bro
:gucci:

Romo always got hurt due to years of playing behind a porous o-line from 2010-2013. By the time the line was at its peak, his body was shot :mjtf:

And what the Vikings paid for Cousins is irrelevant to why they traded for Bradford. Jimmy G fetched a high 2nd round pick even though he had only started 3 games at that point. 33 yr old Alex Smith fetched a 3rd round pick

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Now post Brady's stats outside the AFC East
Breh what are you even arguing right now? Because you arent making any sense. Dak has been horrible outside the division going on 3 seasons now. Brady was the MVP and went to the Super Bowl 2x in the last 3 years. His stats were horrible this year, but he had no weapons. Team still went 12-4 though. When Dak had no weapons, he was the worst QB in the league and we had to trade a first round pick to get him help.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Rebuilding? Breh we were 8-8..lol

Brady is a great decision maker. Aint that Daks problem to y'all?
I think Dak's only issue is his accuracy on crossing routes. His deep ball improved tremendously, he quit taking unnecessary sacks, he's incredibly durable, and for the most part he puts the ball in catchable situations. He put up damn near 5000 yards in the first year of a new offense with his top receiver only going for 1200 yards. I don't know what else you could ask him to do honestly:yeshrug:

None of his receivers are even Julian Edelman levels of reliable so his only safety option is Zeke, who actually does an ok job as a checkdown guy. Gallup drops catches that aren't right on his numbers. Amari is invisible for 6 games a year apparently. Cobb played well but still had some crucial drops on very catchable passes. Not a single one of them was elite.

Tom Brady no longer is an elite arm talent and needs receivers who give him windows to throw into. Besides Amari, all of our current receivers are below average route runners. I have no faith in that idea.:francis:

:gucci:

Romo always got hurt due to years of playing behind a porous o-line from 2010-2013. By the time the line was at its peak, his body was shot :mjtf:

And what the Vikings paid for Cousins is irrelevant to why they traded for Bradford. Jimmy G fetched a high 2nd round pick even though he had only started 3 games at that point. 33 yr old Alex Smith fetched a 3rd round pick

WHY Romo got hurt is not relevant.

The fact that since Dak took over he hasn't missed a single game and therefore we haven't had any lost/wasted seasons (due to injury) is the idea. You'd be replacing a young, healthy, mobile QB with a much older and less athletic one.

We literally watched Connor Williams and Xavier Sua-Filo get manhandled all season, which led to Tyron Smith missing games (when Connor got thrown onto the back of his leg), and we all agreed that Tyron was trending downhill...

And you want those guys to be old ass Brady's blindside protection:russ::russ::russ:

He'd get fukking rocked, and he ain't getting up:stopitslime:

Also, you just came full circle on my point.

The Patriots WANTED Jimmy G to stay.
The Redskins WANTED Kirk to stay.
Alex Smith was only available because he got replaced by an MVP level QB.

What team is trading any type of significant picks for a QB that is not only a free agent, but whose team openly gave up on him??:usure:

What is Derek Carr's trade value rn:jbhmm:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Breh what are you even arguing right now? Because you arent making any sense. Dak has been horrible outside the division going on 3 seasons now. Brady was the MVP and went to the Super Bowl 2x in the last 3 years. His stats were horrible this year, but he had no weapons. Team still went 12-4 though. When Dak had no weapons, he was the worst QB in the league and we had to trade a first round pick to get him help.
I'm arguing that

1. Dak has every right to hold out.

2. Due to our FO having zero foresight, Dak is not only our best option (for the next 3-4 years) but the only REALISTIC option unless we're tanking. We don't have a young QB waiting in the wings, there aren't any stud FA QB's available, and the best QB in the draft is an injury risk. And unless you're pursuing Winston, Mariota, Brady, Rivers or Tannehill, we'd be giving away a season.

3. Dak was literally the best player on the team last season not named Byron Jones. Zeke played half the season flabby, Amari...i don't even have to say:comeon:, and the Defense as a whole was trash. If Dak isn't the future that's cool, cut him. But this fantasy land where he's garbage vs good teams but ALSO somehow worth several good draft picks is:mindblown: status

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I think Dak's only issue is his accuracy on crossing routes. His deep ball improved tremendously, he quit taking unnecessary sacks, he's incredibly durable, and for the most part he puts the ball in catchable situations. He put up damn near 5000 yards in the first year of a new offense with his top receiver only going for 1200 yards. I don't know what else you could ask him to do honestly:yeshrug:

None of his receivers are even Julian Edelman levels of reliable so his only safety option is Zeke, who actually does an ok job as a checkdown guy. Gallup drops catches that aren't right on his numbers. Amari is invisible for 6 games a year apparently. Cobb played well but still had some crucial drops on very catchable passes. Not a single one of them was elite.

Tom Brady no longer is an elite arm talent and needs receivers who give him windows to throw into. Besides Amari, all of our current receivers are below average route runners. I have no faith in that idea.:francis:

WHY Romo got hurt is not relevant.

The fact that since Dak took over he hasn't missed a single game and therefore we haven't had any lost/wasted seasons (due to injury) is the idea. You'd be replacing a young, healthy, mobile QB with a much older and less athletic one.

We literally watched Connor Williams and Xavier Sua-Filo get manhandled all season, which led to Tyron Smith missing games (when Connor got thrown onto the back of his leg), and we all agreed that Tyron was trending downhill...

And you want those guys to be old ass Brady's blindside protection:russ::russ::russ:

He'd get fukking rocked, and he ain't getting up:stopitslime:

Also, you just came full circle on my point.

The Patriots WANTED Jimmy G to stay.
The Redskins WANTED Kirk to stay.
Alex Smith was only available because he got replaced by an MVP level QB.

What team is trading any type of significant picks for a QB that is not only a free agent, but whose team openly gave up on him??:usure:

What is Derek Carr's trade value rn:jbhmm:
:mindblown: No they didnt

They tagged him twice because they didnt want to give him what he was asking for.

And you have to be trolling right now re: the o-line. Dak was sacked LESS than Brady. And I dont want to hear anything about Dak being more mobile, because his pocket presence is absolutely ASS

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I'm arguing that

1. Dak has every right to hold out.

2. Due to our FO having zero foresight, Dak is not only our best option (for the next 3-4 years) but the only REALISTIC option unless we're tanking. We don't have a young QB waiting in the wings, there aren't any stud FA QB's available, and the best QB in the draft is an injury risk. And unless you're pursuing Winston, Mariota, Brady, Rivers or Tannehill, we'd be giving away a season.

3. Dak was literally the best player on the team last season not named Byron Jones. Zeke played half the season flabby, Amari...i don't even have to say:comeon:, and the Defense as a whole was trash. If Dak isn't the future that's cool, cut him. But this fantasy land where he's garbage vs good teams but ALSO somehow worth several good draft picks is:mindblown: status
1. Qbs has NO right to holdout. He was offered top 5 money at his position and has only won 1 playoff game in 4 seasons. He beat 1 team with a winning record and failed miserably against the Eagles with the division on the line. Add in the fact that we have a new coach AND new system, it would be a terrible look for him to hold out.

2. You cant claim Dak is out best option for the next 3-4 years. We dont know that. Chiefs fans may have said the same thing about Alex Smith after the 2017 season until they moved up for Mahomes. Tua drops to #10, now what? You telling me Tua on a rookie contract for 5 years wouldnt make this team much better in the long haul?

3. Dak being our best player (i disagree) says that this franchise is in ALOT more trouble than fans want to admit