Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Daps
That's exactly why I didn't even sweat Cowboys blowin it. Eagles woulda gladly stuck it to us too

Oh yeah. I think if the Boys had won, Dougie P might have tanked from the jump and not even risked beating Washington. Eagles are trash and Washington should have been way more dominant in that game....considering they are going to be a playoff team.

Of course if that defense beats up on Brady and steals a win....:banderas:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That is why McCarthy did not challenge that play. He was in on the fix :ohhh:

They had 2 or 3 coaches that didn't travel due to covid 19. That gave him less eyes on the monitor that could've made him aware. For what it's worth :manny: He was forced to make a quick decision. on his own

Daps
Don't worry you won't be missing much. These dudes will still be 8-8/9-7'with Dak and a bunch of excuses for why Dak isn't at fault while giving him all the credit for wins.

Dak doesn’t matter with a defense, coaching and an owner/GM that bad.

If we want a superman QB that can overcome ALL of that (Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers).....I guess we can let Dak walk.....but until we fix the other issues, it won't matter who is under center.

Question is this: which is easier, fixing the rest of the team through the draft and good signings AND signing Dak.......

or trying to get another QB and fixing the rest of the team?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

If we want a superman QB that can overcome ALL of that (Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers).....I guess we can let Dak walk.....but until we fix the other issues, it won't matter who is under center.

Question is this: which is easier, fixing the rest of the team through the draft and good signings AND signing Dak.......

Getting another QB and fixing the rest of the team

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

This defense is good enough (with some subtractions and few additions). They play well in spurts - I don't expect the unit to be dominate in any fashion - they just have to be able to make plays when it's asked of them

That being said, with all the resources we have on the offensive side of the ball, they are our defense too. Not saying they have to score every time they touch the ball but they need to be puttin up points and changing field positions each time they touch the ball. Too much talent on that side of the ball to expect anything else.

That's my whole frustration with Dak- yeah his numbers look nice at the end of the game but during the game- drives stalling- missing throws etc....Imagine what any tope tier QB does with these weapons. Hell look how Josh Allen stepped his game up with Diggs and Beasley

It's going to be a long offseason

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We exposed the defense more this year and it was a disaster, once we pay dak and McCarthy has him leading the league is passes next year I’m certain they will be horrible again.

Green Bay never had good defense during his reign and the year they won it all they had a lot of turnovers. Our recipe for success has been ball control and keeping our defense off the field, now we are moving away from that and it won’t be pretty.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@dtownreppin214 you made an offseason thread?

Meh, the kick goes from 50 to what? 54-57 in a dome? I rather have the TO

This makes no sense. The kick is the difference between needing a game winning touchdown vs needing a game winning field goal.

To say you would rather have the time out is to say you would rather take the chance and need to score a touchdown to win than to score a field goal to win, just so you can stop the clock one extra time...

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
This makes no sense. The kick is the difference between needing a game winning touchdown vs needing a game winning field goal.

To say you would rather have the time out is to say you would rather take the chance and need to score a touchdown to win than to score a field goal to win, just so you can stop the clock one extra time...
I could be wrong and ion really even recall the play but I thought the pickup was like 5-6yards meaning it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Ima check the game log tho

edit: He would have been kicking from 59 opposed to 50

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I could be wrong and ion really even recall the play but I thought the pickup was like 5-6yards meaning it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Ima check the game log tho

edit: He would have been kicking from 59 opposed to 50

Honestly I think the giants probably punt since our offense was rolling and if they miss they are giving the ball back to a team that had just scored the two other drives with a short field.

But whatever...eagles laid down and washington won so :yeshrug:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Contrary to Dak stans I don't think duke is awful just not good enough for the money he wants. I think its easier to find a average QB and build the rest of the team then pay him 40 or whatever high ass amount he seems to want and fix the team. I'm team let him walk and live with the consequences long term.