Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
When Dak signs his deal, ima have to take an extended Hiatus from discussing this team

KBXG.gif
Don't worry you won't be missing much. These dudes will still be 8-8/9-7'with Dak and a bunch of excuses for why Dak isn't at fault while giving him all the credit for wins.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Brown cost Dallas the game on that last drive by Dallas.

They need to draft a corner period. Someone who can challenge deep passes. With Diggs you had to have a damn near perfect throw and catch to beat him. With everyone else, the throw didn’t have to be perfect because the corner wasn’t going to be in position to stop it most of the time.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Giants fans are heated:russ:. Can’t blame them, what Peterson did was blatant. Nobody in the nfc east has done that before. We always play to win against each other in week 17.

Pittsburg basically did the same thing against Cleveland that cost Miami a chance to clinch a postseason berth but nobody cared. You have social media and the sports world condemning the Eagles. Nfc east always garners the attention and publicity
So what?:yeshrug:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Brown cost Dallas the game on that last drive by Dallas.

They need to draft a corner period. Someone who can challenge deep passes. With Diggs you had to have a damn near perfect throw and catch to beat him. With everyone else, the throw didn’t have to be perfect because the corner wasn’t going to be in position to stop it most of the time.
This really ain’t a deep cornerback draft. Surtain prolly will go 1st off the board, but after that :francis:. And furthermore we’ll see how good Surtain really is Monday as he will get tested.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Giants fans are heated:russ:. Can’t blame them, what Peterson did was blatant. Nobody in the nfc east has done that before. We always play to win against each other in week 17.

Pittsburg basically did the same thing against Cleveland that cost Miami a chance to clinch a postseason berth but nobody cared. You have social media and the sports world condemning the Eagles. Nfc east always garners the attention and publicity

You can make the case the steelers protecting their old tired QB for next week. Eagles aint have an excuse to save their lives :scust:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Ill put it like this, with our recent history, do you have any semblance of confidence we will win a must win game in week 17?
Well, I understand and respect that. I don't necessarily agree but I get it.

From my standpoint, any point we had to prove or morale boost came on the 3 game win streak. This team saw it's potential...and they also saw what it needs to improve. They knew what they could (or couldn't) accomplish without Dak and an injured Andy Dalton as the team leader. Week 17 was when they said enough of this farce, lets go back to our families and give this another go next season. I don't think a week 17 win is going to improve our culture and I don't think a week 17 loss will ruin our culture. Our culture is what it is, its not going to change with Jerry at the helm and these weak ass coaches. We need strong bull-headed coaches like Tuna, Jimmy Johnson, etc. We also need good players on defense and good players to protect our QB and run game. Which is through the draft. They didn't tank, and they didn't go out sad like the Eagles did. They didn't get their hopes up only to be demoralized like the Giants. And they didn't get into the playoffs only to be humiliated on the big stage like the Football Team will. I'd rather have the team improving pick. One last point...If we have to win a a must win game (not to mention still depend on another games outcome) on week 17 while this sorry ass division is in the state it's in, we ain't going to go and win a string of must win games AFTER week 17.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Well, I understand and respect that. I don't necessarily agree but I get it.

From my standpoint, any point we had to prove or morale boost came on the 3 game win streak. This team saw it's potential...and they also saw what it needs to improve. They knew what they could (or couldn't) accomplish without Dak and an injured Andy Dalton as the team leader. Week 17 was when they said enough of this farce, lets go back to our families and give this another go next season. I don't think a week 17 win is going to improve our culture and I don't think a week 17 loss will ruin our culture. Our culture is what it is, its not going to change with Jerry at the helm and these weak ass coaches. We need strong bull-headed coaches like Tuna, Jimmy Johnson, etc. We also need good players on defense and good players to protect our QB and run game. Which is through the draft. They didn't tank, and they didn't go out sad like the Eagles did. They didn't get their hopes up only to be demoralized like the Giants. And they didn't get into the playoffs only to be humiliated on the big stage like the Football Team will. I'd rather have the team improving pick. One last point...If we have to win a a must win game (not to mention still depend on another games outcome) on week 17 while this sorry ass division is in the state it's in, we ain't going to go and win a string of must win games AFTER week 17.
I didnt expect them to win in the playoffs even if we did make it.

Im more upset that this has been a decade long problem that obviously wasnt isolated to Garrett. Every thing we complained about under Garrett, unfolded during yesterday’s game:

-Slow Start
-Looking uninterested and had the mindset they only
Had to show up and they would win
-Poor in-game coaching decisions (not challenging the non-catch by Pettis/Playcalling with the game on the line)
-Stupid penalties (Gregory, Jourdan Lewis)
-Losing in crunchtime due to poor execution

You’re semi-right in bringing up the morale boosting 3-game win streak before the finale, but how discouraged are these players now that they have seen they are being let-down by their coach with everything on the line once again.

Also, the stigma of choking every single win or go home game in week 17 is :scust:

Lastly, had we won, we would be picking 12th instead of 10th. Yes two spots are significant, but there really arent any game-changing defensive players in this draft anyways so the tradeoff for losing the game wasnt worth it imo