Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I could see us bringing in von Miller at the right price. 31 and coming off injury, shouldnt demand too much. Still productive and we need help st the 2nd level badly.

Could you also see him coming here on a one year deal, playing well, and then leaving, like every other veteran pash rusher has done here in the last decade

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could you also see him coming here on a one year deal, playing well, and then leaving, like every other veteran pash rusher has done here in the last decade
This is exactly what I see. Von and Sherman both on 1 year deals. It works sometimes but adds no long-term stability. It's not that bad of a strategy though in general. The problem is we RELY on it. It shouldnt be the focus of an offseason. But for example, Robert Quinn....30mil guaranteed, 1 sack this season. :mjgrin:

Handing out 1 year deals to vets near the end of their career isnt a bad move, cause you're guaranteed to get contract-year production. But this cant be your bread and butter. We gotta draft better and find more gems in free agency.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game can be a franchise saving loss I’m not even trolling, Sewell is gonna be a hall of famer. We can lock down left tackle for another 10 years :blessed:

We need to find a way to lose this game :ufdup:

Edit: hell we can even get a haul from the bengals or chargers by trading down, they want to protect their QB badly. Literally nothing good happens if we win this game :heh:

Last edited:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Imo I think the offense is straight, just draft a swing tackle. The team just needs to focus on defense
Yeah we gonna also need some more depth to o-line. We good on receivers tho...could use another good TE in lower draft, but yes defense needs to be heavily focused on.

Our offense (no matter the QB) needs to focus on ball security especially not turning over ball near our end zone. Even if we had a good defense like Denver had 4-5 years ago...can't have those bad turnovers. But yes defense needs tons of work.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This game can be a franchise saving loss I’m not even trolling, Sewell is gonna be a hall of famer. We can lock down left tackle for another 10 years :blessed:

We need to find a way to lose this game :ufdup:

Edit: hell we can even get a haul from the bengals or chargers by trading down, they want to protect their QB badly. Literally nothing good happens if we win this game :heh:
Is he that good? :patrice: @L. Deezy

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Players Lounge got me rollin this morning. Barry Church is finally off the Cowboys kool aid and Newy out here talking about McCarthy needs to come out with the Nino Brown hat giving out names and firing people left and right.

:dead:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is cant miss..

You cant overpower him or get around him.. gave up one sack total.

I dont think Dallas will have a shot at him.. and if they did, yall really think they would cut Tyron? They should, but Dallas dont work like that

I think Tyron stays until he retires