Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
No qb is dragging a historically bad defense anywhere. I dont care who it is. If 36ppg ain't enough, that's on the defense.

Example:

2018 packers: 6-9-1 (Rodgers played every game)

2014, 2015, & 2016 Saints: 3 straight years of 7-9 finishes (brees played every game)

Then you have guys like deshaun watson. I mean they're fukking awful this year, but nobody tripping about paying him.

Bottomline, it's a team game.
So then dont turn around and tell me he is a difference maker which is why this debate even started

and miss me with the hyperbole “historically bad defense”

We arent just talking about this season with Dak. Im going off his entire career.

The defense wasnt historically bad last season.

This was just LAST season

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The defense started off bad but was better after they cut Poe and Lee and LVE came back. They give the team a chance at winning but every aspect of our offense sucks

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
1. Romo won 8 games with a defense just as bad which wouldve won the division this season

2. The team only lost 3 games w Dak this season. What about the previous 11 games when he was 3-8?

Yall have to stop this. I debunked the notion that Dak is a diamond surrounded by trash several times already.

The second half of last season, Dak played at a level very similar to Sam Darnold. The stats back this up

Dak’s last 8 games

So Dak played as good as a number 3 overall pick :troll:

What's the problem :troll:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we miss out on the QBs and we can’t get Sewell then trade down and rebuild the defense.

resign Dak would be the best option at that point only if we miss out on the QBs

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So then dont turn around and tell me he is a difference maker which is why this debate even started

and miss me with the hyperbole “historically bad defense”

We arent just talking about this season with Dak. Im going off his entire career.

The defense wasnt historically bad last season.

This was just LAST season

Qb's progress. Thats the whole point. He was playing at a higher level this year.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those of us who want to trade back. Y'all like Nick Bolton? Local Frisco kid too. Idk if he'll fit our scheme, he's more of a 4-3 guy but hopefully we get a new d coordinator who can clean up the mess on defense.

I kinda low key wanna go back to the 3-4, I think marinelli killed the 4-3 for me.