Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Donovan Wilson might be starting next year.
Good catch, didn't even think of that.

Speaking of safety, Woods was a huge let down this year. I was watching one of the playoff games yesterday (I think it might have been the Ravens) but a ball got deflected by a defender and one of the offensive linemen caught it with ease and got about 2-3 yds.

My first thought was, "damn Xavier Woods would have dropped that". Year after year I allow myself to get hype for a player during camp and preseason only to be disappointed in the regular season.
:snoop:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Let Amari walk, draft a WR, get another vet WR, get a TE, continue to build this defense. The worst thing they could do is put a boatload of money into a WR who is passive and a ghost on the road. The formula for success was right there in your face yesterday Jerry.
Delpit
Diggs
Kinlaw
Mckinney

^^^ one of these guys at 17

draft WR Jalen Reagor in the 2nd

And bring back Byron:mjgrin:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I'm cool if we move on from Cooper. I don't hate him, but him disappearing in road games and his passiveness really bothers me.

Plus, to be honest, you DO NOT need a "Big Number 1 WR" ala Julio, AB, etc to get to the big game. It's been proven time and time again, and honestly, which of them have won one?

You need DEFENSE and a run game and a competent coach and staff who will put you over the top. SF, Tenn, Ravens and many others show you can get to the first step without a major WR.

I just don't want to overspend for a position we can get production out of for cheaper. I'd rather put capital and resources in building that defense.

Got some great pieces on Offense now...Zeke, Pollard, MG13, Jarwin, the OL...build that defense up man

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Delpit
Diggs
Kinlaw
Mckinney

^^^ one of these guys at 17

draft WR Jalen Reagor in the 2nd

And bring back Byron:mjgrin:
I'm ok with bringing Byron back now I guess. It has to be at a good price tho. Chido/Lewis didn't develop as I expected and I don't see Brown back.

Two years ago I said I would disown this team if we resigned Byron back but here we are. :snoop:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Good catch, didn't even think of that.

Speaking of safety, Woods was a huge let down this year. I was watching one of the playoff games yesterday (I think it might have been the Ravens) but a ball got deflected by a defender and one of the offensive linemen caught it with ease and got about 2-3 yds.

My first thought was, "damn Xavier Woods would have dropped that". Year after year I allow myself to get hype for a player during camp and preseason only to be disappointed in the regular season.
:snoop:
Yup my biggest disappointment. I said he would be a pro bowler in the preseason:francis:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Let Amari walk, draft a WR, get another vet WR, get a TE, continue to build this defense. The worst thing they could do is put a boatload of money into a WR who is passive and a ghost on the road. The formula for success was right there in your face yesterday Jerry.

I'm cool if we move on from Cooper. I don't hate him, but him disappearing in road games and his passiveness really bothers me.

Plus, to be honest, you DO NOT need a "Big Number 1 WR" ala Julio, AB, etc to get to the big game. It's been proven time and time again, and honestly, which of them have won one?

You need DEFENSE and a run game and a competent coach and staff who will put you over the top. SF, Tenn, Ravens and many others show you can get to the first step without a major WR.

I just don't want to overspend for a position we can get production out of for cheaper. I'd rather put capital and resources in building that defense.

Got some great pieces on Offense now...Zeke, Pollard, MG13, Jarwin, the OL...build that defense up man

The ONLY caveat in your scenario is that this QB needs an elite WR to be effective.

Unless Gallup becomes a true WR1, this offense will go back to being :trash: without Coop. Think Jets game

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
If we can somehow just generate some fukkin pressure on the QB, me BlueHef and Dtown can be the starting corners and it wouldn’t matter cause we wouldn’t have to cover for 7 seconds.

Also bring back Dez simply because I miss doing some sort of celebration when a WR scores (TO hadn’t his TO sign, Dez the “X” etc) :mjgrin: he tweeted something about sitting with the jones lol