Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The ONLY caveat in your scenario is that this QB needs an elite WR to be effective.

Unless Gallup becomes a true WR1, this offense will go back to being :trash: without Coop. Think Jets game
That is absolutely my concern with the cooper leaving posts. I don’t know if Gallup is ready for WR1 if ever. It’s not like we have some great qb that could make receivers better. Folks need to be mindful of this. I wouldn’t hate it but I would caution it.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The ONLY caveat in your scenario is that this QB needs an elite WR to be effective.

Unless Gallup becomes a true WR1, this offense will go back to being :trash: without Coop. Think Jets game

This O is trash without Amari.. sometimes it's trash with him, but without him it's def. trash.

Of course it's gonna be a new offense so maybe that will change things, but right now who knows.

I do like the WR's in this draft but we'd have to take one in the 1st for me to feel comfortable letting Amari go

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I know y'all love the guy...but what makes yall think Dez could be the answer at WR?

Bro hasn't played ball in almost 2 years. Not saying he a slouch, but 2014 ain't any closer. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires, but thinking he's the answer
doesn't seem wise in my opinion. He was a jumpball guy, not very good route runner..idk, maybe I'm not looking at this thing the right way :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I look at the 49ers and shake my head. A prime example of a franchise lapping the Cowboys in terms of being a contender.

They went to the super bowl, team broke up and they were able to rebuild to the point they have a better team than Dallas.

1. They cut ties with coaches when they were suppose to.
2. They endured losing seasons, to get high draft picks
3. They waited for the right moment to trade for a QB, then locked him up with a contract while his value was low.

Dallas on the other hand, will stink after going to the playoffs, but have the false illusion, the team is still a contender, and draft with short term intentions. And they always wait until a player is in a contract year to think about signing them long term.

I still don't get why they didn't extend Dak back in 2018 :snoop:. If you didn't have faith, they could've drafted another QB or sign a player like Teddy Bridgewater for cheap, and have an open competition. At a minimum, it would have at least kept Dak looking over his shoulder.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let Amari walk, draft a WR, get another vet WR, get a TE, continue to build this defense. The worst thing they could do is put a boatload of money into a WR who is passive and a ghost on the road. The formula for success was right there in your face yesterday Jerry.
I wouldn’t let Amari walk. Dude was injured at the end of the season.

id let Jones walk or franchise him.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I look at the 49ers and shake my head. A prime example of a franchise lapping the Cowboys in terms of being a contender.

They went to the super bowl, team broke up and they were able to rebuild to the point they have a better team than Dallas.

1. They cut ties with coaches when they were suppose to.
2. They endured losing seasons, to get high draft picks
3. They waited for the right moment to trade for a QB, then locked him up with a contract while his value was low.

Dallas on the other hand, will stink after going to the playoffs, but have the false illusion, the team is still a contender, and draft with short term intentions. And they always wait until a player is in a contract year to think about signing them long term.

I still don't get why they didn't extend Dak back in 2018 :snoop:. If you didn't have faith, they could've drafted another QB or sign a player like Teddy Bridgewater for cheap, and have an open competition. At a minimum, it would have at least kept Dak looking over his shoulder.

Dallas should of extended him right at then end of the 2017-2018 season.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He might not start next year but I can see him taking over for Woods after next year. Doubt we resign Woods. Also I think dudes hype up Diggs from Bama too much. Dude not that nice. Arnette from DBU though
@smitty22 :wow:

And I accepted the fact that Coop and Dak will be back atleast next year. No point in even debating that anymore even though some may not like it.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
He might not start next year but I can see him taking over for Woods after next year. Doubt we resign Woods. Also I think dudes hype up Diggs from Bama too much. Dude not that nice. Arnette from DBU though
@smitty22 :wow:
Man Arnette improved so much his senior year at OSU. Pure lock down corner, if he is available in the 2nd we would be a fool not to draft him.