Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Ya'll wanna hate this hire so bad.

MM has come in and got shyt shaking. The fact that we're not seeing the coaching staff retained let's you know Jerry is taking a back seat.

MM is doing his thang, shaking shyt up and that's what this team needs more than anything. The country club vibes had to go and getting JG outta here was more important than who we hired. I bet we don't see MM at SMU games with players :dry:

But I like the moves he's making so far and can't evaluate him until the meaningful games and that's a long time from now. He's already done more than I thought he would and it's been what, a week?

Liking the hire more and more with each passing day.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

MM has come in and got shyt shaking. The fact that we're not seeing the coaching staff retained let's you know Jerry is taking a back seat.

MM is doing his thang, shaking shyt up and that's what this team needs more than anything. The country club vibes had to go and getting JG outta here was more important than who we hired. I bet we don't see MM at SMU games with players :dry:

But I like the moves he's making so far and can't evaluate him until the meaningful games and that's a long time from now. He's already done more than I thought he would and it's been what, a week?

Folks are too worried about scheme and playcalling and the real problem with this franchise has been the bolded.

Montgomery was also the kick returner, and McCarthy told him to take the touchback after the Rams took a 29-27 lead right inside the 2-minute warning. Montgomery felt he needed to make a play so he decided to return the kickoff and attempt to make something happen. He did. He fumbled, and the Rams recovered. He never played for the Packers again, as he was traded to Baltimore two days later. For a player of his resume, that certainly demonstrated McCarthy’s authority.

^^^^ shyt like this could never happen during the JG era. Jerry wouldve coddled him

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle

Says the text had a "fukk you" tone but didn't actually say "fukk you"

This is a textbook example of how gossip works.

Goes from a player sending a dismissive text to "player tells Garrett to fukk off to his face, Garrett does nothing"

Gotta love the sports media :martin:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Damn, he letting Kitna go? I did hoped we’d keep him but ima trust Mike...

ill speak on the hire once I see mire clarity, but I’ll say this, I do like this hire...Jerry looks like he’s gonna play back on this...plus, the number of coaching years and football knowledge in the building now is crazy! Analytics being openly accepted is a breath of fresh air in the stale-aired Garrett country club setting

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The player that sent the text was probably Cooper
Well then he can fukk off too, with his ol 8 game disappearing act ass.

That doesn't sound at all familiar to you? Because that's exactly what Cowboys fans said when they fired Wade. You say people want to hate the hire so bad, but on the flipside you've blindly followed whatever this team has done. Even when they were crashing and burning at the end of the season you thought that they were going to pull it out. I like that Jerry is giving him more control, but let's not act like he was fired from GB for no reason.

Last edited: