Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What has Mariota done to lead you to believe that might be the case?

You can at least admit he has a better are and is a better runner than Dak no?

We can also agree that Dak was groomed better and came to a team with talent surrounding him yes?

So it should be safe to assume, marriotta would probably put up comparable numbers if you dropped him in the same situation as dak.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
You can at least admit he has a better are and is a better runner than Dak no?

We can also agree that Dak was groomed better and came to a team with talent surrounding him yes?

So it should be safe to assume, marriotta would probably put up comparable numbers if you dropped him in the same situation as dak.
You think a guy who couldn't beat out Ryan Tannehill for a starting job could be plugged into our offense and outplay Dak. Yeah, you hate Dak :russ:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
You think a guy who couldn't beat out Ryan Tannehill for a starting job could be plugged into our offense and outplay Dak. Yeah, you hate Dak :russ:

Actually he did beat him out.

Tannyhill is a veteran QB by the way. Dak has no QB's behind him that are remotely capable of taking his job.

Had Romo came back in 2017, he would've beaten out Dak. Dallas would've either cut Romo to avoid a qb completion, or Romo would've retired. Romo chose to retire.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Actually he did beat him out.

Tannyhill is a veteran QB by the way. Dak has no QB's behind him that are remotely capable of taking his job.

Had Romo came back in 2017, he would've beaten out Dak. Dallas would've either cut Romo to avoid a qb completion, or Romo would've retired. Romo chose to retire.
So do you think Dak would have been benched at some point this season if we had a more capable backup?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
So do you think Dak would have been benched at some point this season if we had a more capable backup?

You can't go by this year. He was in a contract year, coming off a playoff win.

And Dallas has a history of not drafting QB's or capable backups at offensive skill positions that would threaten a starter. If Dallas was going to go that route, he would've been after Romo retired. But they were all in on Dak at that point. He was a star in their eyes.

But this is a unique situation where Dallas can sign comparable talent for less money.

Whoever the QB is in week one will have to learn a new offense regardless. My biggest fear is Dallas will have to go cheap at certain positions, and the depth won't be there. Last years draft class was shyt, so you can't count on those players to step up. I would let Dak hit the open market so he can see what he's really worth. I don't see any team paying him $30 million a year, yet alone $40 million. They can sign Bridgewater or Marriotta for less, and still have a talented team.

The Titans actually just showed you.
Philly won a super bowl.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
You can't go by this year. He was in a contract year, coming off a playoff win.

And Dallas has a history of not drafting QB's or capable backups at offensive skill positions that would threaten a starter. If Dallas was going to go that route, he would've been after Romo retired. But they were all in on Dak at that point. He was a star in their eyes.

But this is a unique situation where Dallas can sign comparable talent for less money.

Whoever the QB is in week one will have to learn a new offense regardless. My biggest fear is Dallas will have to go cheap at certain positions, and the depth won't be there. Last years draft class was shyt, so you can't count on those players to step up. I would let Dak hit the open market so he can see what he's really worth. I don't see any team paying him $30 million a year, yet alone $40 million. They can sign Bridgewater or Marriotta for less, and still have a talented team.

The Titans actually just showed you.
Philly won a super bowl.
Every team in the NFC playoffs has a high dollar QB and they still managed to field a talented roster. So it can be done. We go cheap at QB to sign...who?

I'm of the opinion that we should go with the "devil we know" and go ahead and extend Dak. We have the cap space to sign him, so don't go chasing waterfalls breh. Stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to

anigif_original-15196-1443637775-11.gif