Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Ppl don’t understand how Incompetent this front office is. Ppl think if we have option we have to choose between Dak and Fields. Jerruh and company are slick enuff to franchise Dak and take a qb in the first round and create an awful situation. Jerry loves headlines and attention and that battle with Dak and Fields would create a very speculative narrative that keeps his franchise in the spotlight which is all Jerry care about.
They would franchise Dak and trade him in that scenario. Id applaud them for doing it, too

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We’re pick 6 at the moment.don’t think we can catch NYJ but we can get a top 3 pick. Don’t let this game fool you, Philly
Is terrible. Plus Moore playcalling isn’t helping us win. I don’t think Moore comes back next season
So if they get rid of Moore that adds another element to the Dak situation because he wanted to keep Kellen and this playbook. Having him learn a new offense while coming off an injury would be interesting.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
I don't think it happens- but im not writing off Jerry drafting Fields if he can. One thing about Jerry -- is that he pays attention to what's going on around the league. It's mad young Qbs balling on cheap contracts and Dak wants you to pay him all this money- when he hasn't been winning games

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1st thing. Demote Moore to QB coach and let Mike do his thang team. Wait..I'm tryna tank. Continue Boyz

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it happens- but im not writing off Jerry drafting Fields if he can. One thing about Jerry -- is that he pays attention to what's going on around the league. It's mad young Qbs balling on cheap contracts and Dak wants you to pay him all this money- when he hasn't been winning games
This

They aint wanna pay him last offseason but all a sudden are going pay him market-setting money after that injury?

Hes getting tagged again and if they feel him and his agent arent playing fair, they will trade him and take a QB

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About Dak, he was a Garrett pick. Garrett was the reason they didn't go back to Romo. McCarthy spent a month as new coach without calling Dak. Mike's in it for the long haul and Dak isn't his guy. Dak is gone after this season. I like Fields. I also feel we should trade for Darnold cause he's cheap and frees up more FA capital and draft options. Then we could go after the OT from ORE

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About Dak, he was a Garrett pick. Garrett was the reason they didn't go back to Romo. McCarthy spent a month as new coach without calling Dak. Mike's in it for the long haul and Dak isn't his guy. Dak is gone after this season. I like Fields. I also feel we should trade for Darnold cause he's cheap and frees up more FA capital and draft options. Then we could go after the OT from ORE

We'll never win with Darnold.

Fields floor as a QB is Dak. His ceiling is a bigger version of Russell Wilson. You have to draft him if you can. We will basically have a late round 1st with our early 2nd rounder, so you can draft a good Defensive player at either CB, LB, or Safety. And keep drafting defense the rest of the rounds.

Our future offense could be Fields (on a rookie contract), Lamb, Gallup, Cooper (if we don't cut him), Zeke, Pollard, and Cedric Wilson for the next 4 years. Plus, we would have a shytload of money to spend on defensive players in free agency. That would give us a 3-4 championship window.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you better believe if the Cowboys have the number 3 pick, Field's agent will be trying to get him to Dallas.