Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Imagine thinking any defensive player in the draft is going to change things here :snoop:

Its the same thing with the Falcons. Matt Ryan isnt “the problem” but he isnt the solution either

Take the QB and start over.

What rookie qb is going to come in here and put up 40 points a game with the worst defense in the league? There's also the big o line question as well

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I enjoyed watching the campo led cowboys over this bullshyt. At least u knew they sucked and had no talent. It was tolerable. Not a lot of bad contracts and zero media hype. 2007, was 13 years ago, but it seems like ever since that season, this team has been in the spotlight. Without merit. Dat Nguen and Dexter Coaxley had way more talent and skill than the linebackers they got out there now :francis:.

Y’all want a new QB, fine.

But if u do that, you might as well blow it up entirely. Gallup, trade him. Zeke, trade him. The only offensive lineman I keep is Martin. Everyone else trade.

and cut all the bad contracts on defense.

prepare to endure 4-12 seasons and this team navigate salary cap hell for the next 3 or more years.

Sign a veteran stop gap QB, to navigate the fukkery. I wouldn’t start whoever they draft until year 2.

Dak deserves his money, but Dallas is a trash organization. And if I were Dak, I would tell them straight up not to franchise me.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This Chiefs game rn is a perfect comparison of our situation. Mahomes ain't had to do shyt and they up 24-9, off a KO return and a pick 6.

Paying a QB doesn't stop you from or is not an excuse for not building a good team. You gotta coach smart, draft smart and sign FA smart. Getting a new QB aint gone solve this teams problems, it's going to create more.
If you were a Skins fan I guess you’d been on the keep Kirk train?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

@dtownreppin214 @Codeine Bryant look at how our beta WR1 reacts when his QB gets knocked out the game on an incredibly dirty play :scust:

This is what they (Jerry and Stephen) wanted. A bunch of safe betas in the locker room. Remember, that's why we wanted nothing to do with Earl Thomas. Didn't want him destroying the locker room. :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Been tryna tell y'all this team is run by a family of morons who don't know shyt about football. As long as the Jones family wants to run this team from top to bottom instead of hiring competent people to do it the Cowboys aint ever gonna be shyt. The flaws with this whole franchise have been obvious for over a decade now and people still give them your time and money knowing notjing os going to change and that is why nothing will change.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
But ask yourself this, when we had dak on a cheap contract, how did that benefit us? Did the front office spend money on premier free agents? The answer is no, so barring a death in the front office you have to figure theyd operate the same so drafting a qb makes no sense

That's why idk if i can get on the draft a QB bandwagon just yet because yea we get a rookie QB and get to spend the Dak money elsewhere but I'm not even confident that Jerry is even gonna spend the money wisely. We would end up in the same position 4 years from now. :snoop: