Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm numb to this soft shyt at this point. This franchise has been terrycloth for two decades.

But could you imagine what these guys would have done?

F4PXXAL25J5QLEDHBTRROKGXOU.jpg

They would literally commit murder if that happened to Aikman

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad the Texans don't have a 1st round pick, we might've been able to fleece them for Gallup.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are fukked. There are sooo many :trash: teams :to:

Jags
Bengals
Giants
Chargers
Falcons
Vikings
Texans
Jets

All drafting in front of us

We went from #10 to #9 in draft order :mindblown:

The Giants WILL beat us, and probably get another win over Washington. We don't have to worry about the Texans. They have a QB. The Vikings should be able to win a couple more games too. Chargers have their QB. Bengals have their QB.

We only need to worry about the JETS, JAGS, and FALCONS.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Dak a lot but if you're in a position to draft Lawrence or Fields, you run to the podium.
Unlike many posters on here, I don't unfairly hate Dak because he isn't Mahommes, Rodgers or Wilson. But the QB pay scale is broken and only those guys should get that money because IMHO they are transcendent and can work with less. QB salaries are fukking over the salary cap and it's hard to load your team up with great players because of it. You need fantastic drafting, coaching and a shrewd FO to overcome it, elements we do not have.

I think if we draft one of those guys, it isn't an indictment of Dak being a good QB, like many posters would gleefully shout, it would just mean that we can't afford him and this team has massive holes to fill. Actually, if I was a GM, after I found a good/great coach, unless I drafted or have a transcendent QB, I would seriously consider implementing the RB philosophy of letting the player walk after his rookie contract and drafting another. Cousins and Goff really fukked the whole QB pay scale up.
But ask yourself this, when we had dak on a cheap contract, how did that benefit us? Did the front office spend money on premier free agents? The answer is no, so barring a death in the front office you have to figure theyd operate the same so drafting a qb makes no sense

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are fukked. There are sooo many :trash: teams :to:

Jags
Bengals
Giants
Chargers
Falcons
Vikings
Texans
Jets

All drafting in front of us

We went from #10 to #9 in draft order :mindblown:

We're competing with 2 of those teams for Fields.

I can see Atlanta winning more games.

It's basically Cowboys against the Jags for Justin Fields.

Daps
I'm numb to this soft shyt at this point. This franchise has been terrycloth for two decades.

But could you imagine what these guys would have done?

F4PXXAL25J5QLEDHBTRROKGXOU.jpg

Naw Roy Williams was bringing some heat, he was a sorry cover Safety but he laid wood on people. Coakly and Dat Nguyen were severally undersized but they played with toughness.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But ask yourself this, when we had dak on a cheap contract, how did that benefit us? Did the front office spend money on premier free agents? The answer is no, so barring a death in the front office you have to figure theyd operate the same so drafting a qb makes no sense
Garrett.

He killed this franchise for almost 10 yrs. Wasted Romo's career.
But we ultimately have to place the blame on whoever the buck stops with...