Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Look it up? nikka we waychedthe same games you did:gucci:. The oline isn’t great anymore and the running game wasn’t great. Dak definitely has his fault but it wasn’t all on him.
I don't know how you grade lines tbh but I know the sacks dropped a lot and Zeke was still a top rusher wasn't he? Again I don't know how to properly grade an Oline but I'll agree it wasn't like 2014-2016.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't know how you grade lines tbh but I know the sacks dropped a lot and Zeke was still a top rusher wasn't he? Again I don't know how to properly grade an Oline but I'll agree it wasn't like 2014-2016.
The OL was definitely not a strong point this year, they're trending downward and Tyron is done.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
coming back again.. it was the safe hire.. I mean, were competing now, and either the team championship window or jerry's window(lol) is closing.. Jerry wants a proven HC, and dont want to wait around for a college coach to adapt to the NFL 2-4 years tops... jerry is win desperate win mode. it was a safe choice, im getting cool with that

and with DC Nolan, we finally get a 3 tech DT space eater, and no more DT projects that marinelli like. and good bye to that cover 2 bullshyt. at least with nolan, we'll be blitzing, and disguising schemes

Last edited:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
The OL was definitely not a strong point this year, they're trending downward and Tyron is done.
only OL player who's worth their contract La'el Collins. and maybe zack martin, Tryon can't be relied on anymore to play a full season. fredbeard is battling his syndrome. what we need is depth at O Line, out sideof Su'a-Filo, the dept is looking like trash.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
If your eyes told you this, they are lying to you.

Go watch how the O-Line dominated Aaron Donald. Go watch how the O-Line dominated Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. The only game I can say they played poorly was the Saints game

Watch this video

I would say we schemed Aaron Donald out of the game because he was throwing Suafilo around like he was a small child

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We couldn’t run in the red zone. That’s the exact opposite of dominant.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Hate to break it to you fam but Dak for the most part is done growing as a QB. This is year 5 and I doubt this dude will become some cat that can consistently make tight window accurate throws. He is what he is and that's not just for him but the overwhelming majority of players. Let's be real how many players can you come up with where their actual skills got dramatically better after starting 4/5yrs in the league? Not just the nfl but any professional league. It happens but that's definitely not the norm.

The rest I can agree with you on.

Dak at least will throw into a tight window unlike his first few years. He has the arm. I thinks its more of a confidence thing with him.

Every year he's been in the league he's been playing under pressure.

Year one - he's looking over his shoulder at Romo.
Year two - can he win without zeke
Year three - can he win without a good group of receivers
Year four - he's playing for a contract and his coaches job.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope they make some statement moves on the rosters. If we come back with the same or majority of the same personnel on defense , I call bs. Get some real safeties, a real 1technique DT, and better linebackers. I want to se camp competitions.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to break it to you fam but Dak for the most part is done growing as a QB. This is year 5 and I doubt this dude will become some cat that can consistently make tight window accurate throws. He is what he is and that's not just for him but the overwhelming majority of players. Let's be real how many players can you come up with where their actual skills got dramatically better after starting 4/5yrs in the league? Not just the nfl but any professional league. It happens but that's definitely not the norm.

The rest I can agree with you on.
That’s not true: Romo kept getting better all the way up to retirement. He said it didn’t really click for him until 2013

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Dak at least will throw into a tight window unlike his first few years. He has the arm. I thinks its more of a confidence thing with him.

Every year he's been in the league he's been playing under pressure.

Year one - he's looking over his shoulder at Romo.
Year two - can he win without zeke
Year three - can he win without a good group of receivers
Year four - he's playing for a contract and his coaches job.
He might actually throw it now but as we see that shyt don't be working consistently. At this point fukk the trying like he's a little kid learning to ride a bike we need dude to be actually doing. I can't agree with the pressure part. Year one was Vanilla Ices best year and if he didn't fold that year the other years I can't co sign. He's just who he is an average QB who at least feast on bums. I hope he gets better but like the person you know IRL that's been out of shape for the last 5 years I'm not expecting much to change this year unless something drastic happens. I hope I'm wrong from a fandom pov but seriously doubt it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
That’s not true: Romo kept getting better all the way up to retirement. He said it didn’t really click for him until 2013
It doesn't matter what a person says the actions in this case like most tell a different story. Even if you take Romo at his word you think that's the norm or no? Romo after 4/5 years starting looked about the same to me with some minor tweaks here and there. Let's be real nobody can come with any consensus year where Romo was at one level and just went next level after the first 4/5 years starting. Like I said no offense to you but people's words don't really hold weight. The actions aka stats + on the field play tell the true story. Look at his stats + what you remember of him playing how much better did he get from 2010 to when he retired? He was pretty consistent so any improvement was moreso little stuff not any game changer IMO stuff.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Look it up? nikka we watched the same games you did:gucci:. The oline isn’t great anymore and the running game wasn’t great. Dak definitely has his fault but it wasn’t all on him.
nikka what the hell do yall nikkas be watching :mjtf:

We were 4th and rushing and gave up the least amount of sacks in the league. Dak was sacked over 50x in 2018. That number went down to 23. In fact, he was sacked less this year than he was in 2016 :mjtf:

You think that number dropped because of elite pocket presence and getting the ball out quickly? :mjtf:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How are they trending downward when they improved significantly over last year :jbhmm:

Breh breaks down how different the run blocking has been this year compared to years past.
The pass blocking is solid (with the exception of Conner Williams at crucial moments) but the run blocking is not as dominant.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
4. DALLAS COWBOYS
The Cowboys have been near the top of this conversation for years. This season was another impressive display for the group, finishing fifth in PFF pass-blocking grade and third in run-blocking grade. It's well known what Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Frederick are capable of when fully healthy, but La’el Collins‘ performance this year was the most promising development from the group. His 85.8 overall grade ranked third among right tackles and was easily the highest overall grade of his career. Collins and Martin on the right side of the line helped lead an offense that finished second behind only the Ravens in expected points added per run play