Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Colin just said what I said..why draft Lamb? :sas1:

New coach = Rebuilding
Why wouldn't you take a steal though? Take the best WR talent or get a random other player. That doesn't make sense and isn't that why we got Taco and people were bytching about that for years.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's due to the Taco pick, the LVE pick, the Trystena Hill pick, and the Gallimore pick. Not Lamb.

The went 0 for 4 on two 1st rd picks, one 2nd rd pick, and a 3rd rd pick. They had better players available at the same positions but picked the wrong one.

Lamb will be a HOFer if he stays healthy. I'm not worried about him.

plus in the Nfl what looks like a strength or glutton at a position can change real quickly in a hard cap league

Gallup will be gone next year Amari can be up and down and all of a sudden you’re not loaded at Wr anymore

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Ceedee is playing pitch and catch - I don't want to post the vids but he's killing zones and running wide open, often. I like him, don't get it twisted but this is Zeke all over again
Imagine this defense right now with TJ Watt, Rapp/Thornhill, Rashaan Evans/Darius Leonard, Jordan Elliott.

The Lamb pick had zero to do with us missing on those players.

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
plus in the Nfl what looks like a strength or glutton at a position can change real quickly in a hard cap league

Gallup will be gone next year Amari can be up and down and all of a sudden you’re not loaded at Wr anymore

gallup is gone after next season

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Exactly. Things can change on a dime in the NFL. Lamb gives us some flexibility to let Amari go after next season and possibly give Gallup a new deal.

The issues with our defense have to do with player evaluations, not a commitment to drafting defensive players (w/ the exception of the safety position).

When Lamb is in the HOF 20 years from now, nobody is going to say "man I wish we had took a defensive end with that pick". Lamb is special, you don't pass on players like him.

My only wish is we had benefit of knowing he would fall to us so we could kick Amari to the curb.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Imagine this defense right now with TJ Watt, Rapp/Thornhill, Rashaan Evans/Darius Leonard, Jordan Elliott.

All of those players had zero to do with the Lamb pick.
It's a cycle. You'll be able to add another name to this list after this year. Again, no knock to Ceedee, it is what it is.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It's a cycle. You'll be able to add another name to this list after this year. Again, no knock to Ceedee, it is what it is.
The point is if we're trying to pinpoint why the defense sucks, we gotta start by looking at those failed defensive picks first. Nitpicking the one pick that we got right makes no sense.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
@BigE214 @Surreal Lamb is a Texas boy with the same fire as Dez but with Irvin's work ethic too. He checks all the boxes. C'mon man. :dwillhuh:
I like him. I've stated that but I'm starting to view WR like RB :manny:

You ever wonder what Noah Brown or Wilson would look like with more targets? Again, no knock to Lamb, I like him but was the draft pick about BPA? Getting Dak more weapons? Making Cooper expandable? We treated the pick like we were in a position of luxury and now we got a(nother) luxury item. Did we need it?