Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If they have to let Gallup go because of Amari’s contract :snoop::snoop::snoop:

Blame Linehan. His offense sucked to the point it held back all of the WR's. Getting Cooper was a panic move for letting Dez go and being cheap when it came to replacing him.

Zeke, Cooper and Lawrence contracts really got Dallas fukked up.

Highest paid WR's this year

• 1. Falcons WR Julio Jones: $22 million
  • 2. Chargers WR Keenan Allen: $20 million
  • 3. Cowboys WR Amari Cooper: $20 million
  • 4. Saints WR Michael Thomas: $19.3 million
  • 5. Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins: 18.8 million
  • 6. Bengals WR A.J. Green: $18.2 million
  • 7. Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill: $18 million
  • 7. Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr.: $18 million
  • 9. Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: $16.5 million
  • 10. Texans WR Brandin Cooks: $16.2 million
  • 10. Vikings WR Adam Thielen: $16.2 million
Highest paid Edge Rushers this year.

• 1. Browns edge rusher Myles Garrett: $25 million
  • 2. Bears edge rusher Khalil Mack: $23.5 million
  • 3. Cowboys edge rusher Demarcus Lawrence: $21 million
  • 4. Chiefs edge rusher Frank Clark: $20.8 million
  • 5. Broncos edge rusher Von Miller: $19.1 million
  • 6. Lions edge rusher Trey Flowers: $18 million
  • 7. Saints edge rusher Cameron Jordan: $17.5 million
  • 8. 49ers defensive lineman Dee Ford: $17 million
  • 8. 49ers defensive lineman Arik Armstead: $17 million
  • 10. Ravens edge rusher Matt Judon: $16.8 million

Highest paid running backs this year

• 1. Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey: $16 million
  • 2. Saints RB Alvin Kamara: $15 million
  • 2. Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: $15 million
  • 4. Jets RB Le’Veon Bell: $13.1 million
  • 5. Texans RB David Johnson: $13 million
  • 6. Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: $12.5 million
  • 6. Titans RB Derrick Henry: $12.5 million
  • 8. Bengals QB Joe Mixon: $12 million
  • 9. Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake: $8.5 million
  • 10. Broncos RB Melvin Gordon: $8 million

All three are paid like top 3 players but none of them are currently top 3 players at their positions.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
1. An actual elite QB wouldve beat the Rams in week 1. 17 points on them while Josh Allen killed them with 5 TDs, two weeks later

2. Wins and Losses ARE team stats, but Dak directly contributed to the three losses. Anyhow this team was 4-0 with Dak, you would be poking your chest out saying that it was all him

3. Thats the problem with you and most of this fanbase. Idgaf about this season or next season. This team needs to be built for sustained success. This team won nothing when Dak was making $2m and had the best OL in football, but somehow we should expect to win a SB with him
Making $40m with an average OL and horrible defense? :mjtf:

Take the QB with the higher ceiling and start over with all the extra cap-space we have.
I can't speak for duke but I always find it funny when people say winning is a team stat but never seem to be around to correct people when they mention Daks W/L record.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
If they have to let Gallup go because of Amari’s contract :snoop::snoop::snoop:

I think these two make a good point about not getting too ahead of ourselves regarding contracts. A lot can change in 2-3 years as evidenced by what's happened to the oline. We can also cut Amari after next season and spread a 6M cap hit over the remaining years.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gallup is an UFA after next season. Dallas can tender him but he will more than likely get offers. But if they pay him, they will have to lose one of those contracts (Cooper, Lawrence, Zeke). Luckily, they don't have anyone else to pay.

Lawrence and Smith have horrible contracts so even if Dallas move them, they will have a lot of dead cap space.

The Jones family put too much emotion into their player contracts. They pay based on who kisses their ass the most.

crawford comes off next season so that should help with paying Gallup but also cooper contract becomes easier to cut after next season
1. Zeke, Jaylon, D-Law all played harder yesterday. That is problematic that your most highly-paid players have to back into a wall before they give maximum effort. I thought this was a cultural issue unique to Jason Garrett. I guess not.

2. I don't know who fell off harder - Jordan Lewis or Everson Griffen. Lewis was a fan favorite but the more he's played over the years the more you realize why the previous staff never gave him much PT. Griffen is the quintessential case of a NFL player hitting that wall. You see it much more often in the NFL compared to other leagues where a great player will seemingly deteriorate overnight. I guess the body just gives out on them.
Griffin been in the league for a decade. I think he just already hit his peak and his best days are behind him. Carson WMetz is what you call hitting a wall.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This has been a season from hell so far and it got worse when Dak got hurt. I just hope that he can make full recover and continues his career. Anything other than that is secondary at the moment. Even though i'm glad we won the game the inept defense continues to let us down. And if Jerry can't see that the secondary and linebackers need replacing then he probably never will after all this time.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Amari can kick rocks.

I’m well aware that he’s a great route runner and allows for spacing for Gallup and Lamb.

I get all of that. It’s also clear as day that his contract and AAV is atrocious value. I’d rather pay Dak $50M a year than Amari $20M a year

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

tenor.gif

Here this nikka go with the front running