Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Am I in the minority in liking the call by Minnesota to go for it on 4th and 1. Russell was driving down and score regardless. I like the call to end the game for good with momentum too because the Seahawks couldn’t stop the ground game that drive. Minnesota March down the field with the run game. It didn’t work but I liked the call. The coach basically said I believe in our oline over their dline and I believe that our defense can stop. Russ and then from goin 95 yards to score a td. I love the call.

horrible call you go up by 8
seahawks may score but they also need to get a 2 point conversion

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dalton should be the reason Dak should
Be careful where he goes. Dalton was a good QB who got buried because of where He played. There were years he perform3ed the best QB in His division, where there where two super bowl winning qb’s. Dude made the pro bowl with a losing record. He only had one bad year. The league and is entering the prime age for QB’s. He’s Been better than ole boy in Detroit. You can get flushed out the league playing for these small market teams or the redskins

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Dalton will show how good dak is. If he plays well and shows 3 really good receivers and a great rb can carry an offense. Then you don’t spend big bucks on dak or anyone else at qb.

If he struggles and with this defense, cowboys can draft high and start to fix defense. Firing Nolan would help too. Was nice to see dlaw do something.

will he?
dalton had boyd, green, and mixon and still was average

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Dalton should be the reason Dak should
Be careful where he goes. Dalton was a really good QB who got buried because of where He played. There were years he perform3ed the best QB in His division, where there where two super bowl winning qb’s. Dude made the pro bowl with a losing record. He only had one bad year. The league and is entering the prime age for QB’s. He’s Been better than ole boy in Detroit. You can get flushed out the league playing for these small market teams or the redskins

andy dalton?
his best year stat wise was 33 tds but he also threw 20 picks. He's averaged a pick a game for teh past 2 and a half years

lol at better than stafford you can't be serious :mjlol:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if Dalton plays well and we win games, the FO will have reason to NOT give Dak an exorbitant contract, since a replacement player would show comparable production.

And if Dalton sucks and we lose games, we get a top 5/10 pick.

Sounds like we’re in a win-win :yeshrug:
Based off that first scenario I guess yall would be contempt if Jerry give Dalton A long term deal for about 25 mill a year cuz that’s what replacement level qbs been getting when you look at tannehil, foles. So skip Dak and go cheap at the position with a solid QBs right cuz I guaranteed you we not getting the best QBs in the drafts. I guess we can hope we get lucky with another Dak in the second day.

no good QB is goin to play for cheap. A solid QBs will play at market value and a solid QBs is Garapollo or Brisset who both make around 27 million. Is that what y’all want to roll with.

For the folks who don’t want Dak back at his self perceived value, who do you suggest in his place?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2 things I noticed.

1. Zeke ran harder after Dak got hurt :mjpls:

2. This defense stinks.

if this team miraculously plays harder for Dak, why the fukk didn’t wasn’t they doing it before? The main reason why Dak didn’t get paid is because this team underachieved. Zeke held out to take money. Lawrence threatened to delay surgery to avoid the franchise tag. Jaylon Smith got paid. And as a result, their best corner leaves and Dak gets franchised. Those three should’ve been playing the hardest.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Based off that first scenario I guess yall would be contempt if Jerry give Dalton A long term deal for about 25 mill a year cuz that’s what replacement level qbs been getting when you look at tannehil, foles. So skip Dak and go cheap at the position with a solid QBs right cuz I guaranteed you we not getting the best QBs in the drafts. I guess we can hope we get lucky with another Dak in the second day.

no good QB is goin to play for cheap. A solid QBs will play at market value and a solid QBs is Garapollo or Brisset who both make around 27 million. Is that what y’all want to roll with.

For the folks who don’t want Dak back at his self perceived value, who do you suggest in his place?
I was okay with Dak at 30 AAV. Even 32.
I was annoyed but accepted 35.

But 40 :hhh:

It’s not so much Dak the player as it is the disparity in compensation he’s asking and the production we’ve been getting since the 2016 honeymoon.

Idk what to do if we decide to move on from Dak. I don’t think the FO will. Seems like they hitched their wagon to Dak in 2017 or so and it has been posturing and hard ball from both sides since.

10000% Dak gets franchise tag again next season, plays on it for around $37.5mil, and we get to evaluate him post-injury to see if he’s worth the megadeal. He bet on himself up to this point and once he’s done with rehab and feeling well by Feb/March, I don’t think he’ll mind betting on himself one more time.

Dak knows that if it’s not the Cowboys, another team or 3 will still give him $150M+ easy.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
They already invested 150 millions guaranteed over the last two seasons so no it’s not a time for rebuild. You don’t pay a fukking running back in today’s league if you not about winning now cuz you can’t shed that contract.

so now you stuck with Zeke, but have to trade DLaw Cooper maybe Smith and it’s no point in resigning Gallup if you rebuilding. Haven’t even mentioned Jarwins contract which ain’t terrible but it’s Highly unnecessary if you planned on rebuilding.

Y’all think it’s so easy as saying let’s just start over. The cowboys are basically in cap hell and it’s not goin be effortless to get from out of it. Ppl ain’t just goin help us out and take on these big contracts.

Gallup is an UFA after next season. Dallas can tender him but he will more than likely get offers. But if they pay him, they will have to lose one of those contracts (Cooper, Lawrence, Zeke). Luckily, they don't have anyone else to pay.

Lawrence and Smith have horrible contracts so even if Dallas move them, they will have a lot of dead cap space.

The Jones family put too much emotion into their player contracts. They pay based on who kisses their ass the most.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Gallup is an UFA after next season. Dallas can tender him but he will more than likely get offers. But if they pay him, they will have to lose one of those contracts (Cooper, Lawrence, Zeke). Luckily, they don't have anyone else to pay.

Lawrence and Smith have horrible contracts so even if Dallas move them, they will have a lot of dead cap space.

The Jones family put too much emotion into their player contracts. They pay based on who kisses their ass the most.
If they have to let Gallup go because of Amari’s contract :snoop::snoop::snoop:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I was okay with Dak at 30 AAV. Even 32.
I was annoyed but accepted 35.

But 40 :hhh:

It’s not so much Dak the player as it is the disparity in compensation he’s asking and the production we’ve been getting since the 2016 honeymoon.

Idk what to do if we decide to move on from Dak. I don’t think the FO will. Seems like they hitched their wagon to Dak in 2017 or so and it has been posturing and hard ball from both sides since.

10000% Dak gets franchise tag again next season, plays on it for around $37.5mil, and we get to evaluate him post-injury to see if he’s worth the megadeal. He bet on himself up to this point and once he’s done with rehab and feeling well by Feb/March, I don’t think he’ll mind betting on himself one more time.

Dak knows that if it’s not the Cowboys, another team or 3 will still give him $150M+ easy.

At the end of the day, Daks contract bites because the Jones family don't know how to build a roster correctly. They overpay other positions, and don't draft/sign players who could eventually be starters. If they already have a starter, they never try to sign a player who is a threat. And players who are talented enough are rarely given opportunities to start.

Which is why Dallas traded for Roy Williams then immediately gave him a huge contract without proving a damn thing.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
2 things I noticed.

1. Zeke ran harder after Dak got hurt :mjpls:

2. This defense stinks.

if this team miraculously plays harder for Dak, why the fukk didn’t wasn’t they doing it before? The main reason why Dak didn’t get paid is because this team underachieved. Zeke held out to take money. Lawrence threatened to delay surgery to avoid the franchise tag. Jaylon Smith got paid. And as a result, their best corner leaves and Dak gets franchised. Those three should’ve been playing the hardest.
1. Zeke, Jaylon, D-Law all played harder yesterday. That is problematic that your most highly-paid players have to back into a wall before they give maximum effort. I thought this was a cultural issue unique to Jason Garrett. I guess not.

2. I don't know who fell off harder - Jordan Lewis or Everson Griffen. Lewis was a fan favorite but the more he's played over the years the more you realize why the previous staff never gave him much PT. Griffen is the quintessential case of a NFL player hitting that wall. You see it much more often in the NFL compared to other leagues where a great player will seemingly deteriorate overnight. I guess the body just gives out on them.