Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This is the type of defense I grew up on though.

:snoop:

Look at the swagger, look at the confidence. Everybody coming downhill, swarming the ball. Ken Norton lining everyone up properly pre-snap. Players dancing/celebrating after big plays. Jimmy and Parcells are the only two bright spots in this franchise in 30 years.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
A pre-injury Jay Ratliff is what this team desperately needs.

In four drafts, from '05 -'08, we drafted these players on the dline:
  • Demarcus Ware
  • Marcus Spears
  • Chris Canty
  • Jay Ratliff
  • Jason Hatcher
  • Anthony Spencer
  • Erik Walden
15 pro bowls, minimum 10-year careers for each with the exception of Spencer whose career was cut short due to injury.

In four drafts, from '16 - '19, we drafted these players on the dline:
  • Maliek Collins
  • Charles Tapper
  • Taco Charlton
  • Joey Ivie
  • Jordan Carrell
  • Dorance Armstrong Jr.
  • Trystena Hill (she/her)
  • Joe Jackson
  • Jalen Jelks
Two players remain with the team, both are scrubs.

:yeshrug:
We used to shyt on him but Almost Anthony >>> Tank :hubie:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
We used to shyt on him but Almost Anthony >>> Tank :hubie:

And Dallas franchised Anthony and he kept it professional. Franchised a second time and he took the bread.

Lawrence pulls some fukk shyt and finessed the fukk out of Jerry Jones for money he knew he didn't deserve. And then gonna have the nerve to call the defense soft :dahell:

Your contract is the reason why they couldn't keep your best corner and not bring in better talent.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Like Tony Romo, Cowboys QB Dak Prescott can do only so much

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Jerry Jones calls not winning a Super Bowl with Tony Romo as his quarterback one of the biggest regrets of his tenure as the owner and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

In a few years, he might have the same lament with quarterback Dak Prescott, especially after watching Sunday's 49-38 loss to the Cleveland Browns (3-1).

Against the Browns on Sunday, Prescott threw for a career-high 502 yards on 41-of-58 passing. He threw four touchdown passes and had one pass intercepted. He also lost a fumble.

Twice in Cowboys franchise history have quarterbacks thrown for more than 500 yards. Prescott has a similarity with Romo. In a 51-48 loss to the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning in 2013, Romo threw for 506 yards and had five touchdown passes and an interception.

From 2011 to 2013, the Cowboys' defense finished 14th, 19th and 32nd. In 18 of the 24 losses among those three seasons, the Dallas defense allowed 27 points or more.

The 2020 Cowboys defense has allowed more points through the first four games (146) than any other team in franchise history, putting them on pace for a staggering 584 allowed.

But like Romo in that three-season stretch, the Cowboys were in position to pull off the biggest comeback in NFL history because of Prescott. The quarterback's second TD to rookie receiver CeeDee Lamb and subsequent 2-point rush by Amari Cooper cut Cleveland's lead to 41-38 with 3:42 to play.

In the fourth quarter against the Browns, Prescott completed 21 of 30 passes for 254 yards and had two touchdown passes.

But the Cowboys' defense, which allowed a franchise-high 307 yards rushing Sunday, wilted again on Odell Beckham Jr.'s 50-yard reverse, and Prescott's final pass was intercepted, just as it was at Seattle after he spun free from a sure sack. On this attempt, Cooper took the blame for the turnover, saying he did not run his route correctly.

Prescott briefly stood with his hands on his hips almost in disbelief.

It was a similar pose Romo had when his fourth-quarter interception against Washington in Week 17 ended a miracle comeback in 2012. Or, Romo's late interception against the Broncos in 2013. Or, after Dan Bailey's game-winning field goal try was short after Romo put the Cowboys in position to beat Arizona in the final minute, only to lose in overtime in Week 13 in 2011.

The Cowboys still have time to rewrite what feels like a familiar script.

"It doesn't make sense and it doesn't add up right now," Prescott said. "But as I said before, I believe in the men that we have, the great leaders and coaches that we have, that we'll have it fixed."

Prescott will give them a chance. As Romo did, he needs more help.

Last edited:

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Dak Prescott Continues to Prove he's Worth Every Penny ✭

Dak Prescott had quite the eventful offseason, and not in a good way. Not only did he not get the long-term lucrative contract he was seeking, but he had to deal with the unfortunate suicide of his older brother Jace which led to him dealing with depression and anxiety.

In the midst of this hot start, Prescott has set a few records along the way. In the Cowboys 20-point comeback victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Week 2, he became the first player in league history to pass for 400 yards and score three rushing touchdowns in the same game. Also, he tied former Cowboys signal-caller Tony Romo for the most 400-yard games in team history with five.

“I’m never gonna shy away from the moment of having the ball in my hands, having a chance to win the game,” Prescott said, per Jon Machota of The Athletic. “I want to make those throws. … We’ll have some tough practices, pay attention to the details, and we’ll change this thing around. We got a long way to go.”

Not only is Prescott balling out of his mind but he’s also spreading the wealth. Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, and rookie CeeDee Lamb each have at least 230 yards in the first three games and are all on pace to reach the 1,000-yard plateau. If they continue this pace, they’ll be the first trio to do so since Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Steve Breaston of the 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

There’s a long way to go in the 2020 NFL season but Prescott continues to prove that he’s worth every penny he’ll eventually get paid and that the doubts about his ability are pretty silly at this point.

Last edited:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
In McCarthy last two seasons at Green Bay he was 11 - 16 before being fired for being a shytty coach :unimpressed:

Since firing McCarthy, the Packers, who replaced him with a person who had never been a head coach before, are 17 - 3 in the regular season and made it to the NFC championship last year :unimpressed:

Going to give him a chance but we might have just replaced Jason Garrett with obese Jason Garrett:unimpressed:
I been told y’all that

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Clinton-Dix got cut.

Maybe the coaches are trying to expose players so they can completely rebuild. Either that or they simply don't know what the hell they're doing.

Either way, if they continue down this path, there is going to be a lot of turnover on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yup

remember this game?

350 yds and 5TDs by Josh McCown :unimpressed:

It was the year Calvin changed Carrs career in Dallas. He honestly never recovered from that game. It was the year Romo and the offense scored 48 points against the then undefeated Broncos that were blowing out teams before that game but the defense gave up 51 points. It was the year where the Saints put up 40 first downs and scored 49 points.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It was the year Calvin changed Carrs career in Dallas. He honestly never recovered from that game. It was the year Romo and the offense scored 48 points against the then undefeated Broncos that were blowing out teams before that game but the defense gave up 51 points. It was the year where the Saints put up 40 first downs and scored 49 points.

I will never forget this was the first year that I did fantasy football within this group at my job and we built an entire app for it...

I never went and changed my dashboard and so it defaulted to total yards when I would open it...

And every week top 10 total yards would always be quarterbacks and antonio brown from his combined receiving, kickoff, and punt return yards...

But that Sunday...when I logged in...it was Calvin fukking Johnson at number 3 with 329 pure receiving yards :gucci:

shyt looked ridiculous up there with all these qb's passing stats for total yards and then it was Calvin right in the middle with receiving yards:mjtf:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:francis:And there you have it.

Xavier Woods Explains - And Admits - Cowboys 'Lack Of Effort'

FRISCO - There are probably times when an NFL player, for his own good, should just feed the media answers by rote.

Dallas Cowboys safety Xavier Woods Is about to experience one of those times.

“I mean, on certain plays, some guys, me included, there may be a lack (of effort),'' Woods said in a Wednesday conference call with the DFW media. "But overall, the effort is there.

But ... is it?

"I mean, we’re in the NFL,'' Woods continued to try to explain. "You don’t expect guys (going) full-speed for 70 plays. That’s not possible."

What Woods is revealing here is an unfortunate truth of not just football life, but life in general. Nobody - not you, Dear Reader, and not me - "goes full-speed'' in every single thing they do in every waking hour of every single day.

But ... he shouldn't have said it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/xavier-woods-explains-and-admits-dallas-cowboys-lack-of-effort