Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Is the biggest issue with Jaylon is his contract is not matching his performance ? :patrice:

Because Newy made a semi-decent point :jbhmm:

Out of all our second round picks over the past 5 seasons, he has played at the highest level

Randy Gregory
Chido Awuzie
Connor Williams
Trysten Hill

None of them are taking anywhere near as much heat as Jaylon :manny:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the biggest issue with Jaylon is his contract is not matching his performance ? :patrice:

Out of all our second round picks over the past 5 seasons, he has played at the highest level

Randy Gregory
Chido Awuzie
Connor Williams
Trysten Hill

Ofcourse the contract is the main problem.

Azz Woozie is gone after the season.

Conner Williams will probably be released after the season.

Randy Gregory - ???

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Randy Gregory
Chido Awuzie
Connor Williams
Trysten Hill

The contract is everything. It prevented Dallas from offering Byron Jones a legitimate deal. Which is crazy because at least Jones was an All-Pro caliber corner.

They also used a 2nd round pick on him knowing he wasn't going to play that year. Wasted a roster spot to keep him.

They paid him based on what they projected him to eventually become. Which doesn't make since because that logic wasn't applied to Jones once he balled out after being moved back to his natural posiiton.

The same with Lee. They use these high draft picks on damaged goods, so they can give them team friendly deals on the back end.

T

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Randy Gregory
Chido Awuzie
Connor Williams
Trysten Hill

Partially. If he was balling, we wouldn't give a damn. But if he's was playing the way he's playing now and wasn't paid, we'll still be saying he needs to be benched or cut

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
And this is the thing with Poe. Kansas City didn't extend beyond his rookie deal other than picking up this 5th year option.
Atlanta bushed him after 1 season
Carolina bushed him after 2.

Those were his prime years. Dallas signs him when he's 30 out of desperation because the guy you drafted was ass. You overpaid Tyrone Crawford so you can't even sign a quality DT.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Poe - Crawford - Woods - Hill.

This is the worst unit on the team and the biggest problem area on defense IMO. Morseo than even the safety position. I find myself missing these three more and more every day. The grass is not always greener brehs...we are regressing as a franchise.

suDjOojEW_8vOUD35aauB7wc3NgSp1bNMgfLsv6f-Y8wIrGKSmQMtumqwr_t2YRvxqppFRnjXeSCopENS1hid-RxeIHPgfvWsx0rEYQaM46X7cmugpcOmHXoQ9NcwtWmotmRaIcxGX2tu9IPULI65r-kncfTlYtkcsnuFuLuxnobJoJhuRCLPKESO1AG_qLud3-oiOvSH0UHeAMiNO6J-7IYiMdzBeO_

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the worst unit on the team and the biggest problem area on defense IMO. Morseo than even the safety position. I find myself missing these three more and more every day. The grass is not always greener brehs...we are regressing as a franchise.

suDjOojEW_8vOUD35aauB7wc3NgSp1bNMgfLsv6f-Y8wIrGKSmQMtumqwr_t2YRvxqppFRnjXeSCopENS1hid-RxeIHPgfvWsx0rEYQaM46X7cmugpcOmHXoQ9NcwtWmotmRaIcxGX2tu9IPULI65r-kncfTlYtkcsnuFuLuxnobJoJhuRCLPKESO1AG_qLud3-oiOvSH0UHeAMiNO6J-7IYiMdzBeO_

I miss pre injury Jay Ratliff. :wow:

Fletcher Cox should have been his replacement.

I wanted Fletcher Cox and knew Mo Bust was overrated. :why:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I miss pre injury Jay Ratliff. :wow:

Fletcher Cox should have been his replacement.

I wanted Fletcher Cox and knew Mo Bust was overrated. :why:
A pre-injury Jay Ratliff is what this team desperately needs.

In four drafts, from '05 -'08, we drafted these players on the dline:
  • Demarcus Ware
  • Marcus Spears
  • Chris Canty
  • Jay Ratliff
  • Jason Hatcher
  • Anthony Spencer
  • Erik Walden
15 pro bowls, minimum 10-year careers for each with the exception of Spencer whose career was cut short due to injury.

In four drafts, from '16 - '19, we drafted these players on the dline:
  • Maliek Collins
  • Charles Tapper
  • Taco Charlton
  • Joey Ivie
  • Jordan Carrell
  • Dorance Armstrong Jr.
  • Trystena Hill (she/her)
  • Joe Jackson
  • Jalen Jelks
Two players remain with the team, both are scrubs.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

yeah :mjpls:

I miss them too :usure:

:rudy:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
yeah :mjpls:

I miss them too :usure:

:rudy:

They would start on today's team. All of them. That's how bad it's got. I'm missing players from the past that I was not in love with when they were here. A guy like Bradie James would start over Jaylon Smith. So would Ken Hamlin and Gerald Sensabaugh. I hated all three of those guys but they are better then the scrubs we currently got.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
They would start on today's team. All of them. That's how bad it's got. I'm missing players from the past that I was not in love with when they were here. A guy like Bradie James would start over Jaylon Smith. So would Ken Hamlin and Gerald Sensabaugh. I hated all three of those guys but they are better then the scrubs we currently got.

This is the type of defense I grew up on though.

:snoop: