Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Whom are we to blame for this?

Nolan sucks for the most part, but lets not act like theres countless of videos out there that show the defense giving minimal effort

:jbhmm:

Personally, im giving Nolan the benefit of the doubt (for now). These players suck.

-Jaylon has sucked for 2 years now

-Tank doesnt rush the passer well enough

-Worley, Woods, Thompson, and Jourdan Lewis sucked last season too

-Griffen has been very underwhelming and has looked like a JAG

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We'll see what they do Sunday against NY and playing against Garrett for the first time. If they struggle and let NY make the game competitive then we'll know this teams true identity. As much heat as this defense is getting, I expect a dominant performance. Like Marcus Spears said, their manhood is on the line now.
It would be more on brand for them to blow the Giants out and then spend the entire next week patting themselves on the back.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:duck:

Dak peaked his rookie year which ironically was the last time we had an elite offensive line.

How can you say he looked like a franchise QB when he lost to the Jets and got outplayed by the following QBs:

Teddy Bridgewater
Mitch Trubisky
Carson Wentz
Josh Allen
Sam Darnold

In his rookie seaon, he outplayed:
Aaron Rodgers (2x)
Big Ben
Matt Stafford

Dak is not a bad QB, but hes not good enough unless this team becomes a legit top-10 defense. For the past 11 seasons, Jerry and Stephen have consistently failed to build a defense.

Scott Linehan is to blame for a lot of Daks struggles 2017 - 2018. They didn't open up the playbook and get creative until Linehan was fired and Moore took over. By then the offensive line started to fall out. Frederick missed all of 2018, and wasn't 100% in 2019. They got rid of Dez before 2018 and didn't find a replacement until mid season. Teams geared up to stop Zeke and they still kept the training wheels on Dak.

You see what Garrett's offense produces with the Giants. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't work without the run.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Nolan sucks for the most part, but lets not act like theres countless of videos out there that show the defense giving minimal effort

Personally, im giving Nolan the benefit of the doubt (for now). These players suck.

No off season more than Nolan dawg...

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs got 1st couple of years bias against Dak (even though he was good his first year. Just threw ugly)

If last year was the 1st year you ever watched Dak you'd believe he was a franchise QB

Again he threw ugly as hell his first 3 years and looked like he couldnt make the throws. Now he can.

I'm not saying you'd think he's top 5 or anything. However, he's looking like Matt Ryan at least. Get a damn defense.

:russ::mjlol::heh:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Scott Linehan is to blame for a lot of Daks struggles 2017 - 2018. They didn't open up the playbook and get creative until Linehan was fired and Moore took over. By then the offensive line started to fall out. Frederick missed all of 2018, and wasn't 100% in 2019. They got rid of Dez before 2018 and didn't find a replacement until mid season. Teams geared up to stop Zeke and they still kept the training wheels on Dak.

You see what Garrett's offense produces with the Giants. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't work without the run.
Linehan’s offense was absolutely fine from 2014-2016

Romo and Dak had their best seasons with Linehan

Dak is a limited QB which limits the kinds of plays an OC can call.

Dak is not good when passing from under center. Linehan’s play-calling was predictable because he almost exclusively ran when Dak was under center and passed when Dak was in shotgun. Imagine being on defense and KNOWING when the QB was throwing.

DC’s picked up on this after his rookie season and adjusted. Its why he struggled so much in 2017 and a reason he struggles against good defenses. He “excels” when playing against poor secondaries or when they are in prevent.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Marcus Spears is right. Either the coaching staff or players need to step up or they can continue to be the laughing stock of the league. Anything is better than last place. Lol we had a top 10 defense too last year.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Finally someone in the media called jaylon out!

:obama: I'm glad somebody said it

His was just short of saying they play like some bytches on national TV :pachaha:

Individually put a foot on they neck :gladbron:

Who am I kidding? They'll dominate the Giants and go right back to getting their manhood snatched (:dame:) the very next game.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

You're giving a guy who has a history of making defenses worse the benefit of doubt?:mjlol:

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
D88odM9XYAAaGgf

@dtownreppin214 said Dak never been south of downtown tho :wow:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
You're giving a guy who has a history of making defenses worse the benefit of doubt?:mjlol:
Imagine blatantly lying :mjlol:

Nolan’s History as DC:
Giants
Year before he was hired: 26th
Year he was hired: 1st

Slurs
Year before he was hired: 13th
Year he was hired: 8th

Jets
Year before he was hired: 9th
Year he was hired: 13th

Ravens
Year before he was hired: 4th
Year he was hired: 19th

Broncos
Year before he was hired: 30th
Year he was hired: 12th

Dolphins:
Year before he was hired: 25th
Year he was hired: 12th

Falcons:
Year before he was hired: 18th
Year he was hired: 5th

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Nah Nolan is ass and Jaylon is getting too much of the blame from fans. Aside from Aldon Smith and a handful of plays from Diggs and Hill, there isnt a single player on defense that hasn't been absolutely horrific week in and week out, not one. These safeties are the worst I've seen and that's saying something. I'd take Patrick Watkins or that cat that used to get shot every offseason over any of these jokers. Poe has been a bust FA signing. Antuan Woods, they should probably move his big ass to FB full time since he can't get a push against any o-line. I don't even want to start with Worley or Lawrence. 45% of this defense would not start on any average defense in the league.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Nah Nolan is ass and Jaylon is getting too much of the blame from fans. Aside from Aldon Smith and a handful of plays from Diggs and Hill, there isnt a single player on defense that hasn't been absolutely horrific week in and week out, not one. These safeties are the worst I've seen and that's saying something. I'd take Patrick Watkins or that cat that used to get shot every offseason over any of these jokers. Poe has been a bust FA signing. Antuan Woods, they should probably move his big ass to FB full time since he can't get a push against any o-line. I don't even want to start with Worley or Lawrence. 45% of this defense would not start on any average defense in the league.
Sounds like Will McClay deserves some blame too. :sas2: