Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A message needs to be sent. Bench a few players. Pollard shouldn't be a KO Returner anymore. That's a privilege. He doesn't care? Cut em..get him out. Jaylon should be benched. Thomas>>>>Jaylon by far. It ain't just his play. He's a defensive captain and never gets the players in the right position or hold any accountability. Bench him and take away his C as captain
Pollard to talented plus we have no backup for Zeke. I would take away return duties but he needs more time on the field. Dude was great last year in his 3rd down role and now we don’t even use him.

Bench Jaylon but he’s the new golden goose.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
They literally go multiple drives without even getting in FG range.

Again I ask, are they supposed to score everytime they get the ball? :dahell:

The two fumbles is what changed the game. They had a couple punts, but so the fucc what. They shouldn't have to score every time they have the ball to be competitive in games. The defense needs do SOMETHING

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Only ONE of those players played today and he was only selected first because we used our first rounder on Amari

To act like tthe defense has the same amount of resources as the offense is asinine

I don't care who played TODAY...your original post was "this team's resources are mostly used on the offensive side of the ball" but that ain't true. IN GENERAL they have used a shytload of resources on defense and it's amounted to nothing

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I don't care who played TODAY...your original post was "this team's resources are mostly used on the offensive side of the ball" but that ain't true. IN GENERAL they have used a shytload of resources on defense and it's amounted to nothing
It is true nikka. Stop trying to spin it.

The defense has 2 players making over $10m while the offense has 5

This isnt even a debate :mjtf:

You are mentioning picks that are not even on the team right now :mjlol:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It is true nikka. Stop trying to spin it.

The defense has 2 players making over $10m while the offense has 5

This isnt even a debate :mjtf:

You are mentioning picks that are not even on the team right now :mjlol:

Thats the fuccin point :gucci:

The front office HAS PUT resources into the defense. They've spent draft picks and given big contracts to Lawrence and Smith.

It has not panned out, as you said, some of those dudes ain't on the roster anymore. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It's not Dak. It's not the offense. It's the fact that so many resources put into this defense have amounted to shyt, and some of them aren't even here anymore, and the ones that are here are either injured or trash and the end result you get is a historically bad defense.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The team only had a shot to win because Cleveland was just trying to run the clock out.

Do we really believe the defense just turned the ON switch and started shutting them down?

The offense scored 3 straight TDs after doing nothing for two entire quarters

But hey that is on the Browns for keeping us in the game though.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

The front office HAS PUT resources into the defense. They've spent draft picks and given big contracts to Lawrence and Smith.

It has not panned out, as you said, some of those dudes ain't on the roster anymore. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It's not Dak. It's not the offense. It's the fact that so many resources put into this defense have amounted to shyt, and some of them aren't even here anymore, and the ones that are here are either injured or trash and the end result you get is a historically bad defense.
No it ISNT :gucci:

We are talking about the roster out there today. The offense has over $78m committed while the defense has $41m.

The offense has more resources PERIOD.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Again I ask, are they supposed to score everytime they get the ball? :dahell:

The two fumbles is what changed the game. They had a couple punts, but so the fucc what. They shouldn't have to score every time they have the ball to be competitive in games. The defense needs do SOMETHING

I agree that is not fair for the offense to take the blame for their mistakes and the defense incompetents.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA

You're right. It seems like we only focus on offense because our "hits" in the draft have mostly been on offense. Dak, Gallup, Zeke, Tyron, Zack.

But they've invested high draft picks on defense, they just haven't panned out.

2015 draft they started Byron/Gregory

2016 draft they took Jaylon/Maliek/Tapper with the 3 picks after Zeke.

2017 draft was defense with the first 3 picks. Taco, Awuzie, Lewis

2018 draft they went LVE in the first.

2019 they take Trysten with the first pick.

Out of those 10 picks, only Trysten, Jaylon, Lewis played today. And the last two are :trash: