Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up hiring Dan Campbell. Sean Payton assistant, former player, and somebody the Joneses can influence/control. Won't come in making crazy demands. Makes sense, at least from their perspective.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You truly believe that?

In NFL all you got to worry about is coaching and one booster (Jerry). In college you got to worry about recruiting 24/7/365, a dozen boosters, kids academics, fundraising, etc.
Dealing with Jerry is a million times worse than that shyt, and at least in college Urban had total control.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Dealing with Jerry is a million times worse than that shyt, and at least in college Urban had total control.
Is Jerry really any more hands on than any other GM? It's not like he's standing on the sideline literally looking over the coach's shoulder (anymore). He let Parcells do his thing, he let Garrett draft his "right kind of guys" and cut Dez Bryant. Of course he wants a lot of input but what GM doesn't? That's what a GM is for.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Jerry really any more hands on than any other GM? It's not like he's standing on the sideline literally looking over the coach's shoulder (anymore). He let Parcells do his thing, he let Garrett draft his "right kind of guys" and cut Dez Bryant. Of course he wants a lot of input but what GM doesn't? That's what a GM is for.
I been said that hoe ass dude has more authority than people think. How the fukk you employ two of your worthless brothers and not have authority? Nah fukk that, i aint buyin it. Hes just incompetent. I hope he goes to the Giants

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Yes he is...

Jerry decides which players he wants to feature on offense

Jerry conducts interviews following each game

Jerry is on radio several times each week discussing the state of the team

Jerry allows players to speak to him directly with issues that the head coach usually should handle

Jerry appoints the assistants

Jerry sits in on all coaches meetings

Jerry has to approve players being benched or not

Sadly I can go on and on

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Yes he is...

Jerry decides which players he wants to feature on offense

Jerry conducts interviews following each game

Jerry is on radio several times each week discussing the state of the team

Jerry allows players to speak to him directly with issues that the head coach usually should handle

Jerry appoints the assistants

Jerry sits in on all coaches meetings

Jerry has to approve players being benched or not

Sadly I can go on and on
When Amari Cooper was on the bench on 4th down was that Jerry's call? Or how about Zeke getting 13 carries against the Eagles? Hiring and firing assistants is a GMs role. If they're not getting the job done he fires them, ie Scott Linehan.

Now all the talking he does, I'll give you that. He loves attention.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
When Amari Cooper was on the bench on 4th down was that Jerry's call? Or how about Zeke getting 13 carries against the Eagles? Hiring and firing assistants is a GMs role. If they're not getting the job done he fires them, ie Scott Linehan.

Now all the talking he does, I'll give you that. He loves attention.
You are literally nitpicking right now.

Hiring and Firing assistants is the GM’s role? Since when???

Jerry hired JG as the OC before Wade was even hired :mindblown:

Washington has no GM right now and hired Del Rio and are about to hire an OC..

Coop receiving less targets as the year went on is no coincidence either ($$$$$)

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BlueHeffner add Mike Zimmer to the poll. :wow:

20061203_dal_mike_zimmer02.jpg