Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:mjlol: Oh man.

If the Cowboys don't sign Dak before the July 15 deadline + if Mahomes gets his deal before Dak...what do you think is going to happen to the asking price during the negotiations?

If the Joneses stay committed to Dak after a Mahomes deal, they would be fools (even bigger fools for trying to give him a deal now) to tag him two years in row.
If they not trying to pay him now why would they try to pay him even more now? That's what I'm going on. I mean we not dealing with 10's of millions but think about it how often do you hem and haw on some shyt to pay way more on that same thing later? Probably not most of the time and I see the same shyt happening here. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't see why they'd pay dude more later when you can get him for less now.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
:mjlol: Oh man.

If the Cowboys don't sign Dak before the July 15 deadline + if Mahomes gets his deal before Dak...what do you think is going to happen to the asking price during the negotiations?

If the Joneses stay committed to Dak after a Mahomes deal, they would be fools (even bigger fools for trying to give him a deal now) to tag him two years in row.
If Mahomes get something like 45 a year then I think it's safe to say that the Dak negotiations go back down to 30 :mjlol:

Last edited:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If they not trying to pay him now why would they try to pay him even more now? That's what I'm going on. I mean we not dealing with 10's of millions but think about it how often do you hem and haw on some shyt to pay way more on that same thing later? Probably not most of the time and I see the same shyt happening here. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I don't see why they'd pay dude more later when you can get him for less now.
They are horrible with contract negotiations. The only great contract they could be praised for was the Tyron Smith deal. They are getting away with robbery right now in hindsight. I see what you're saying, but my point is only predicated on the idea that Dak is "their guy". If he is, they will pay whatever they need in desperation. The dominos will fall once Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky :scust:; all get deals the Joneses will feel pressure. In the perfect world Dallas will let him walk after the 2020-21 season and move up to draft a guy...but I doubt it.
If Mahomes get something like 45 a year then I think it's safe the Dak negotiations go back down to 30 :mjlol:
I'd love that idea, but CAA has a track record of getting their guys paid top dollar.

The Manning Brothers
David Beckham
Tony Romo
Adrian Peterson
Cristiano Ronaldo
Derek Jeter

It would ruin their repuation if their client, who plays for one of the most profitable franchises in sports history, is paid well below the market.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
They are horrible with contract negotiations. The only great contract they could be praised for was the Tyron Smith deal. They are getting away with robbery right now in hindsight. I see what you're saying, but my point is only predicated on the idea that Dak is "their guy". If he is, they will pay whatever they need in desperation. The dominos will fall once Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky :scust:; all get deals the Joneses will feel pressure. In the perfect world Dallas will let him walk after the 2020-21 season and move up to draft a guy...but I doubt it.

I'd love that idea, but CAA has a track record of getting their guys paid top dollar.

The Manning Brothers
David Beckham
Tony Romo
Adrian Peterson
Cristiano Ronaldo
Derek Jeter

It would ruin their repuation if their client, who plays for one of the most profitable franchises in sports history, is paid well below the market.
Until he is actually signed Dak is their guy is sounds good talk to me. If he was their guy he’d already be signed esp at QB. Not many QBs have this type of run around esp when it’s been going on for about a year already. How much more is there to discuss? Words without matching actions mean nothing.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Price of nothing ain't going up. Kirk Cousins name ring a bell???
The price of the Franchise tag would immediately jump to around 38 mil at least.

How many quarterbacks do you think sign for LESS than the current franchise tag?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The price of the Franchise tag would immediately jump to around 38 mil at least.

How many quarterbacks do you think sign for LESS than the current franchise tag?
I don’t think you get what I’m saying. nikka ain’t going to be here most likely fam hence Mahommes contract don’t mean shyt. Do you understand now or no?

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
It will behoove y’all to pay him before the chiefs pay mahomes. I wouldn’t want to be a franchise signing a QB after that:whoa: