Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Winston couldn't see and had a torn meniscus and is a better passer.

>>>>>>> Mr. It's starts with me

So you'd rather have a QB with an injury history who just had laser eye surgery AND knee surgery...

Over a QB who has never missed a game...

Because the 1st one threw for 200 more yards and 3 more TD's?...and you're gonna ignore the NINETEEN extra int's?:aicmon::aicmon::aicmon:

And we don't even know that Jameis is cheaper than Dak:dead:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
To be fair, its MUCH harder to find a good edge than a good CB.

In this draft, there is only 1 maybe 2 Edges with a first round grade, and thats Chase and Chaisson.

A DL with

Tank—Snacks—Kinlaw—Quinn

is solid
If your DB's are food then it doesn't matter how good your D line is. They're going to get tired and then it's lights out.

Look at what happened to SF in the Super Bowl. Once that dline isn't generating pressure on every play then it's open season on your secondary.

Plus it doesn't make sense to trade a player who is already borderline elite to keep a player who you HOPE will be borderline elite

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If your DB's are food then it doesn't matter how good your D line is. They're going to get tired and then it's lights out.

Look at what happened to SF in the Super Bowl. Once that dline isn't generating pressure on every play then it's open season on your secondary.

Plus it doesn't make sense to trade a player who is already borderline elite to keep a player who you HOPE will be borderline elite
Na Fam

See 2007 & 2011 Giants

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
So you'd rather have a QB with an injury history who just had laser eye surgery AND knee surgery...

Over a QB who has never missed a game...

Because the 1st one threw for 200 more yards and 3 more TD's?...and you're gonna ignore the NINETEEN extra int's?:aicmon::aicmon::aicmon:

And we don't even know that Jameis is cheaper than Dak:dead:
source.gif

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mahomes with an elite WR and TE smokes an elite defense 9 times outta 10 :comeon:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Bruh that first tweet triggered me.

Aight this dude earned a follow. Any Cowboy fan who isn't a kool aid drinker is good with me. What do y'all think about his comment on Quinn?

I kinda feel the same way. Yes he had a lot of sacks last year but that really was it. D-Law at least held down the line with run defense, containment and solid play, minus the sacks. Quinn is a great talent but 30+ and we might have seen his peak last year. Do we want to resign him or bank on Gregory and Armstrong to hold it down?

Yup. Politics has fukked this team up so bad, almost beyond repair. (Heath, Witt, Maher, etc.) Not that I want Dak signed, but it has always been preached to "sign our own" before going out and getting top tier guys. But here the Joneses are in crippling negotiations with three key players?

I'm out on Quinn. Homie was rested due to his suspension and still disappeared towards the end of the season. I'd rather prioritize spending money on veteran interior defensive lineman and Byron while drafting an edge rusher to feast opposite of Tank.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This offseason is going to be disappointing and devastating no matter how you slice it

Lose arguably our best player on defense
Retain Dak and Amari at crippling AAV
No aggressive play in FA to bring in legit talent
Recycle the same RKGs and JAGs
Camp Cupcake

I’m just focused on NBA. I’ll care a bit more as the draft gets closer. But all signs point to us overpaying guys and losing valuable talent this offseason.

McCarthy is going to have to be responsible for 3-4 wins through coaching alone, because this 8-8 team is overall going to have less talent than the last couple of years

Not to mention Zeke and Oline having more wear and tear and our entire LB corps being in the infirmary ward

Our FO doesn’t have the balls to trade Dak. And they’ll play it safe and resign the WR they traded a 1st for

Brandon Carr signing backfiring made this organization just resign all its players and never look outside again. Legit crippled by the fear of being wrong on a FA.

Get ready for 3 George Ilokas and 2 Andrew Gachkars. At best

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Iont know if some of ya'll watch/listen to some of the Cowboys podcasts...in particular Hangin' With the Boys?

Nate did some MAJOR c00nin on Mondays show...smh, just wanna see if I was the only person who heard that...I wish I knew how to post audio/video
I'm still cringing off that segment...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If Byron goes to Philly we might as well let Dak walk and tank:yeshrug:

I can't believe I'm reading posts about wanting Tua when we lost 3 whole ass seasons to Romo injuries:aicmon:

I can't believe I'm reading JAMEIS WINSTON posts:aicmon:

We're going to be the only team in NFL history to throw 40 picks and intercept 0 passes[/QUOTE]

DONT YOU DARE SPEAK THIS INTO EXISTENCE :damn:

SHUT UP AND LEAVE THIS THREAD AND DONT EVER COME BACK :damn:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Aight this dude earned a follow. Any Cowboy fan who isn't a kool aid drinker is good with me. What do y'all think about his comment on Quinn?

I kinda feel the same way. Yes he had a lot of sacks last year but that really was it. D-Law at least held down the line with run defense, containment and solid play, minus the sacks. Quinn is a great talent but 30+ and we might have seen his peak last year. Do we want to resign him or bank on Gregory and Armstrong to hold it down?

Yeah so there is no question that there were times that Quinn went after the qb and didn't give a shyt about the run...

But you can say that about just about every edge rusher in the league...

But I am also somebody who feels like Quinn just might not even want to play for Dallas if he feels like we not really competing for anything...

So all this talk about keeping him don't matter if he don't want to play here...

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Iont know if some of ya'll watch/listen to some of the Cowboys podcasts...in particular Hangin' With the Boys?

Nate did some MAJOR c00nin on Mondays show...smh, just wanna see if I was the only person who heard that...I wish I knew how to post audio/video
I'm still cringing off that segment...
Yea I heard it :snoop:

48:45 mark

Nate lowkey is unbearable on that show

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Yea I heard it :snoop:

48:05 mark

‎Hangin' With The 'Boys on Apple Podcasts

Nate lowkey is unbearable on that show

My guy!! I knew SOMEBODY heard it. I listen to all the podcasts I can on my way to work...

I was in shock listening to that the other day...Like, what is this nikka talking bout? I was hoping Jesse would help out, he tried for a second, but couldn't walk none of that back...Them white guys (Kirk and Louisiana cat) were shocked too I'm guessing...egging him on too lol