Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is where yall's logic apart, If dak is average as yall say, who trading picks for him? :unimpressed:
Not to mention your advocating for a rookie qb who hasn't proved a got damn thing, and if he's a bust (which is the likely scenario) you've set the franchise back for years. Remind of dak's record as a starter....

I never said he's average. I think he's close to elite than average but we need more than him to win

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
True.

But you do know that paying Dak = losing help on defense, right?

We have had a defense that has let this team down since forever, but we expect that to change ALL while paying a QB 20% of our cap??

So outside of Byron Jones and Quinn...who are we getting on defense with the money we wouldn't pay Dak...

Cause last year we had a lot of money to spend on defense...and we didn't pay Dak...and we did what with that money?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
So what you are saying is you can't pay Byron and Quinn if you pay Dak?
“Every year’s a challenge,” McClay said. “You go through that. This is the way the NFL is made. You’ve got the salary cap, so you can’t keep everybody. We go through and find out what’s valuable for us, who will fit within our parameters and then we want to try and fill the holes in free agency and draft.”

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could fit all of them under the cap of they wanted too, someone on reddit already did the math....they simply dont want to and never intended on retaining byron as a priority. Just like they didnt want to use last years cap to upgrade on safety.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

:mjcry:

My dawg finna be gone.

Wasted his prime with an organization that forced him to play safety when he was clearly a press man corner.

:mjcry:

Breh finna sign with Philly and put the clamps on Coop twice a year for the next 5 seasons.

Bruh that first tweet triggered me.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
If Byron goes to Philly we might as well let Dak walk and tank:yeshrug:

I can't believe I'm reading posts about wanting Tua when we lost 3 whole ass seasons to Romo injuries:aicmon:

I can't believe I'm reading JAMEIS WINSTON posts:aicmon:

We're going to be the only team in NFL history to throw 40 picks and intercept 0 passes

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Aight this dude earned a follow. Any Cowboy fan who isn't a kool aid drinker is good with me. What do y'all think about his comment on Quinn?

I kinda feel the same way. Yes he had a lot of sacks last year but that really was it. D-Law at least held down the line with run defense, containment and solid play, minus the sacks. Quinn is a great talent but 30+ and we might have seen his peak last year. Do we want to resign him or bank on Gregory and Armstrong to hold it down?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Aight this dude earned a follow. Any Cowboy fan who isn't a kool aid drinker is good with me. What do y'all think about his comment on Quinn?

I kinda feel the same way. Yes he had a lot of sacks last year but that really was it. D-Law at least held down the line with run defense, containment and solid play, minus the sacks. Quinn is a great talent but 30+ and we might have seen his peak last year. Do we want to resign him or bank on Gregory and Armstrong to hold it down?

To be fair, its MUCH harder to find a good edge than a good CB.

In this draft, there is only 1 maybe 2 Edges with a first round grade, and thats Chase and Chaisson.

A DL with

Tank—Snacks—Kinlaw—Quinn

is solid

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
To be fair, its MUCH harder to find a good edge than a good CB.

In this draft, there is only 1 maybe 2 Edges with a first round grade, and thats Chase and Chaisson.

A DL with

Tank—Snacks—Kinlaw—Quinn

is solid

I'd like to keep Quinn. I just hope we don't break the bank doing it.